What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA ATH Donovan Lee (Signed to COLORADO)

I am from Boulder and follow CU recruits from SoCal now that I live in the region (for both basketball and football). I know the RB coach at Chaminade, he briefly played for my AAU team a few years back. In fact, I sent him an email about pushing Lee towards CU. Chaminade, in fact, is 2 blocks from my house, so I have been there watching him and other potential CU Buffs. Lee is without a doubt the best RB and athlete north of Los Angeles and will have his choice of schools. CU, unfortunately, will not be in the mix from what I am hearing. He is a type of game changer CU needs. Think back to 1988 and 1999. CU was able to take that next step with elite athletes who possessed game changing speed at WR, RB and QB positions as well as CB. Lee is that type of impact player! I do not think he has completely pushed CU out of the picture, but the CU staff needs to increase the focus and attention for this player.

On another note, I have watched Apsay, CU commit for next year as well. He is a solid QB for a low level, maybe mid major level school. CU should use that scholarship on more speed at WR and RB or better O linemen. He will not overtake Sefo the next years, what the team needs is size, speed and athletes - quickly.
This guy totally knew what he was talking about :rolling_eyes: Welcome Mr. Lee!!

'14 CA ATH Donovan Lee (Verbal to Colorado)

Welcome to the Black and Gold! So glad we got this kid. Go Buffs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really like the idea of having a kid like this...it would be awesome if he was 6-3, but if our staff is as smart as I believe, he'll be active in plenty of ways. Living here in Boise, reminds me of Shane Williams-Rhodes, and seems like Lee can do damage on screens, quick passes, fly sweeps, returns, you name it, just like SWR.

Really like the idea of having a kid like this...it would be awesome if he was 6-3, but if our staff is as smart as I believe, he'll be active in plenty of ways. Living here in Boise, reminds me of Shane Williams-Rhodes, and seems like Lee can do damage on screens, quick passes, fly sweeps, returns, you name it, just like SWR.
Ive been hearing on hear that our coaching and training staff can work wonders so maybe they can help him grow 4 or 5 inches at least.

Hey Darren Sproles is only 5'6". Speed kills, and if you have enough of it you can overcome size disadvantages. As long as we hang on to Mr. Lee I think our offense definitely takes on a new dimension next year.

Hey Darren Sproles is only 5'6". Speed kills, and if you have enough of it you can overcome size disadvantages. As long as we hang on to Mr. Lee I think our offense definitely takes on a new dimension next year.
This. This. This.

Especially in the spread. Get your speed guys the ball on the edges and let em run wild.

It's an entirely different scenario when everyone has speed and you can't gameplan against specific players. Signing numerous players with above average speed will open up the play book and keep defenses guessing.

I hear he is slotted to play cornerback but I hope he stays on offense. Percy harvin of the Rockies.

I hear he is slotted to play cornerback but I hope he stays on offense. Percy harvin of the Rockies.

I'm more than ok with him at CB. He needs to be returning punts and kickoffs too, though.

#DreamsOfBenKelly

Yeah, the return aspect is the most intirguing part of Lee's game to me as well. I think he can be effective on offense too, but we need STs to improve now.

'14 CA ATH Donovan Lee (Verbal to Colorado)

I seem to remember someone saying this didn't work with DD Goodson in our offense. Why different for Lee?

Umm that wasn't me...it was probably Mtn. I wanted the coaches to get the ball in DD's hands more all season because he made plays, I see the same for Lee

That was me.

We never got the ball to our speed guys on the edge with any success. Spruce had more success by far on those plays than DD or Ross.

Back