What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage

If he doesn't end up here I hope he doesn't to a different team in the PAC. Given how every RB has a career day when they play us it'd hurt if was a colorado kid. Udub with a starting QB and RB from CO would be painful to see.

Ballage don't care about the competition. He cares about how many quality JC OT guys we get. And if we get quality hs OL guys. He has to feel is is as good or better than what CU has. But if he has the same OL next year or after it won't matter how good he is.

You have to be able to run the Pac12 to win. Having a good QB helps, but look at the studs in the conference. Sankey, USC's backs, Carrey, DAT, etc.... RBs are needed more than WR given that they have more more responsibility on more plays. I want this kid to attend CU.

You need both WRs and RBs in the PAC-12. Several of them too. There's no reason to be so rigid in positional breakdown when it comes to the spread.

I know these are just 17 or 18 year olds but I wonder if kids like this are aware of the impact they can have. For instance, take Ballage. If he committed to CU on the heels of the facilities upgrade, it'd be a huge swing for this program. JUCOs and other recruits would see that a 4 star in state stud picked CU and that would almost certainly lead to more players considering Colorado. He could be the first domino and create a lot of excitement and positive momentum that would last through his college career.

Would love to see him in the black and gold if he wants to be here and be part of returning the tradition of a top 25 winningest programs. Agree with Skins that it would be more than symbolic for Ballage to take the leap. He could be the next "Embree" in a way in that he was in-state (at least by the time we recruited him), we had a new coach Mac, our program was down but there was belief things could be turned around...

I know these are just 17 or 18 year olds but I wonder if kids like this are aware of the impact they can have. For instance, take Ballage. If he committed to CU on the heels of the facilities upgrade, it'd be a huge swing for this program. JUCOs and other recruits would see that a 4 star in state stud picked CU and that would almost certainly lead to more players considering Colorado. He could be the first domino and create a lot of excitement and positive momentum that would last through his college career.
agree and sell a butt load of jerseys with his #, and the Boise front changing could help out

Last edited:
We could certainly use our own Miles Jack! Hope he likes exciting football because watching Big 10 games is the worst.

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage

We should all put up money to rent a billboard asking for kalen to stay.

Did the article specify that it is an unofficial?

No, but it named his 5 official, just saying he is on the list.

He is on CU's visit list next weekend, though he has told recruiting sites that he plans to use his official visits on Arizona State, Boise State, Michigan State, Nebraska and Washington.

With Peterson headed to UW and Sark to U$C, I'm thinking he changes one of those from Boise to...

I hate seeing this thread bumped, it makes me think that he has committed. But the longer this plays out, the better chances we have.

I thought MAC2's comments today were aimed at Ballege. He mentioned that some Colorado recruits, at the last minute, decided to stay local because they didn't want to be too far away from mom and dad. From what I've read, this is the main recruiting pitch we have for Kalen, other than immediate playing time.

I hope if, when, he signs with the Buffs, he's open to moving to defense as I think his body type, speed and mindset would make him an amazing Pac12 LB.

MAKE Colorado proud and become a difference maker and a potential BUff legend Kalen. You will never be appreciated at another school as you would be by Colorado.

I thought MAC2's comments today were aimed at Ballege. He mentioned that some Colorado recruits, at the last minute, decided to stay local because they didn't want to be too far away from mom and dad. From what I've read, this is the main recruiting pitch we have for Kalen, other than immediate playing time.

I hope if, when, he signs with the Buffs, he's open to moving to defense as I think his body type, speed and mindset would make him an amazing Pac12 LB.

MAKE Colorado proud and become a difference maker and a potential BUff legend Kalen. You will never be appreciated at another school as you would be by Colorado.
It would make sense. Last I heard he had a lot of family pressure, namely from his mom, to stay close to home. We can only hope.

As for where he plays, it wouldn't be bad if we saw him in a Myles Jack role, but where he's a RB most of the time and a LB at others. His speed would give teams a fit off of the edge, though.

It would make sense. Last I heard he had a lot of family pressure, namely from his mom, to stay close to home. We can only hope.

As for where he plays, it wouldn't be bad if we saw him in a Myles Jack role, but where he's a RB most of the time and a LB at others. His speed would give teams a fit off of the edge, though.

That's the ticket. Man, I hope he commits to the Buffs.

Recruit the Mom. Most important thing when it comes down to the first week in February. Grand plans in the fall often come down to reality in Feb.

Recruit the Mom. Most important thing when it comes down to the first week in February. Grand plans in the fall often come down to reality in Feb.

^^This.^^

I know I'll get shouted down for it for the evil reference back to McCartney, but this was the solid strategy he worked for so many years that brought the Auneses, Hagans, Williams, Bieniemys, Stewarts and Westbrooks of the world to Boulder. I remember him talking about just this when he spoke at a Dallas Alumni Club function I attended when I was a senior in HS.

Nebraska would be a hard offer for him to turn down. Hot seat or not, all of Pelini's RB's have made the NFL. Helu, Burkhead, and Abdullah is up next. It's been over a decade since a CU RB has had more than a cup of coffee in th NFL.

Back