What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO C Trenton "Tiny" Noller (Verbal to Navy)

When you see it once then ok here's a guy just giving his opinion. Fair enough. Then to see the same guy on another site doing the same thing it's a bit disheartening but still not a big deal. To see him again at a third site with the exemption of the niceties and I start to think there is an agenda. Throw in some unsolicited social media messages (from an unknown individual) and the line gets crossed.

Buffnik, I agree with you completely. It was a camp not a combine. He was there to learn and hopefully show that although he's raw he can be coached and molded into whatever they want him to be.

I don't think he was ripping Tiny (he's sucks) but there was/is a bit of a bash fest going on. Forums exist for people to voice their opinions good, bad, or indifferent and that's the way it should be. I like to partake in it myself although I avoid saying anything negative about kids. As long as the opinions and comments stay in the forums then all is well. When stuff starts being directed at him through his personal channels then we have a problem and I'll defend him to the last breathe.

When you see it once then ok here's a guy just giving his opinion. Fair enough. Then to see the same guy on another site doing the same thing it's a bit disheartening but still not a big deal. To see him again at a third site with the exemption of the niceties and I start to think there is an agenda. Throw in some unsolicited social media messages (from an unknown individual) and the line gets crossed.

Buffnik, I agree with you completely. It was a camp not a combine. He was there to learn and hopefully show that although he's raw he can be coached and molded into whatever they want him to be.

I don't think he was ripping Tiny (he's sucks) but there was/is a bit of a bash fest going on. Forums exist for people to voice their opinions good, bad, or indifferent and that's the way it should be. I like to partake in it myself although I avoid saying anything negative about kids. As long as the opinions and comments stay in the forums then all is well. When stuff starts being directed at him through his personal channels then we have a problem and I'll defend him to the last breathe.
woah. sounds like, as I suspected, that a lot more is going on than what we saw here. Good luck finding the asshole who is going over the line.

That's awful that you're having to deal with that stuff. This recruiting game can be nasty. Could be a rival player from another school, a fan of another team posing to make CU look bad, or could be a royal jerk who cheers for CU. I feel for you. I've got thin skin about anyone talking about my son (unless it's my wife and we're venting and joking to each other at the end of the day :smile2:).

320134_493906470619470_643320068_n.jpg

Re: '14 CO C Trenton "Tiny" Noller

Tiny could probably start as a true freshman.

The fact that I can't tell if this is hyperbole, sarcasm or dead seriousness says a lot about Handler's performance Saturday. :huh:

I was dead serious. I don't think he can start at center but he can play guard for a year or two and slide over to center if he wants.

Received a 3* on Scout as the #1 C and is also a composite 93.57 - 4* #1 C on 247 Sports

If we could start this class with Tiny and Sam Jones it would be a great start to a return to building a core in this program of Colorado players. It would also be building blocks as multi-year starters on a solid OL. it would send a message that the staff and school are serious about the best HS kids in Colorado having a chance to play for their states flagship university. It would also give the skill position guys evidence that they will have support in front of them.

Is Mac recruiting Tiny?

I don't know, but if so, I hope Tiny has hit the weight room and gained some upper body strength. His bench max listed on the sites is what you'd expect for a WR.

I don't know, but if so, I hope Tiny has hit the weight room and gained some upper body strength. His bench max listed on the sites is what you'd expect for a WR.

Dont read too much into HS benching stats. If he's a long armed guy that grew fast it might take a little time for his muscles to catch up, even if he is hitting the weight room. His foot quickness is a far greater indicator of future success than any other measurable.

2014 is shaping up to be a monster year in the state of Colorado, probably even better then the 2012 class that we struck out hard on. If coach MikeMac wants to establish himself as a great in-state recruiter, he has an incredible opportunity to do it right here, because there are going to be several major league recruits right on his doorstep.

I hope MM gives Tiny a fair evaluation and a long look. Tiny has already shown some interest in CU. Hopefully we see him at the spring game this year and camp this summer. I want that passion and support displayed by his parents in our stands.

'14 CO C Trenton "Tiny" Noller

Dont read too much into HS benching stats. If he's a long armed guy that grew fast it might take a little time for his muscles to catch up, even if he is hitting the weight room. His foot quickness is a far greater indicator of future success than any other measurable.

I agree, but no matter how you spin it, that number needs to improve big time.

This will be an interesting recruitment. CSU seems to be in on every CO prep early and even they haven't offered a guy right in their back yard

'14 CO C Trenton "Tiny" Noller

Measured in at 6'2.5" at the Oregon camp and 6'2" at the CU and Washington camps last summer per the Prep Board.

For those in love with measurables, what is the ideal height/weight for a center? Then, what are the most important characteristics for a center? Football intelligence? Quickness? Footwork? Upper or lower body strength? Love of the game?

Despite some reasonable concerns, I tend to believe this kid has what it takes to be a good center for the Buffs, he'd bean in-state coup, and I hope we get him.

For those in love with measurables, what is the ideal height/weight for a center? Then, what are the most important characteristics for a center? Football intelligence? Quickness? Footwork? Upper or lower body strength? Love of the game?

Despite some reasonable concerns, I tend to believe this kid has what it takes to be a good center for the Buffs, he'd bean in-state coup, and I hope we get him.

Ideally, you want a center to be in the 6'3" or 6'4" range, which is the average for NFL centers. Weight should be in the 290-310 lb range, depending on the type of offensive system. A little bit to either side of the ideals are fine, as long as the player's close. From there, you look for quick feet and a smart guy.

to expand on what nik said, you need the center to be smart to make the necessary line calls on every play. They must have great hip flexibility and quickness. The center needs to be quick and strong in order to be able to get the snap off and deal with a NT or 1 technique DT or a blitzing backer through the A-gap. They do not need to be very fast because very few centers will pull but they must be quick and have a strong base. Generally the center will be the smallest lineman, anywhere from 6'2" or 6'4" max so they do not block the middle of the field passing lanes for the QB.

to expand on what nik said, you need the center to be smart to make the necessary line calls on every play. They must have great hip flexibility and quickness. The center needs to be quick and strong in order to be able to get the snap off and deal with a NT or 1 technique DT or a blitzing backer through the A-gap. They do not need to be very fast because very few centers will pull but they must be quick and have a strong base. Generally the center will be the smallest lineman, anywhere from 6'2" or 6'4" max so they do not block the middle of the field passing lanes for the QB.

A lot of staffs now look for versatility from their OL guys. They are looking to recruit guys that can play Center or Guard (if not Tackle as well if need be). Some staffs put a heavy weight on that, others just want a true center. Hard to say what is "ideal". The trend is definitely more toward versatility IMO.

Back