What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OT Isaac Miller (Signed to COLORADO)

I dont even read Maximus' posts anymore. He loves our entire OL except for Kough... our OL schemes and coaching have sucked for years

When DH was hired, C. Peterson didn't come with him, but his BSU O-line coach did and stayed here just long enough to get a taste of DH minus CP. That guy hightailed it back to Boise so fast it made your head swim. We should have all taken a clue from that episode!

Miller will have benefit of much better schemes and coaching, from S&C to OL.

Silver Creek being a 3A team is kind of silly. They really need to move up. They have something like 1100 students.

Silver Creek being a 3A team is kind of silly. They really need to move up. They have something like 1100 students.

Colorado has a long history of being slow moving teams to the proper divisions. Fast growing schools sometimes end up playing against schools half their size. These schools also frequently have demographics which result in much higher levels of participation and support than older more established schools resulting in some ugly missmatches.

On the other side of this are schools in declining areas with declining enrollments and lower levels of participation which end up getting repeately blasted by schools with much bigger talent bases to draw from. This can tend to lead to even lower participation.

There have been some schools in recent years that have had trouble even fielding teams and part of it can be blamed on the hopelessness of their schedules. Once that sets in it's hard for a school to turn it around even if they do eventually get moved to the right classification or some recovery in their student numbers.

by the way for Holic. Sounds like they have themselves a QB, I would guess that he is getting some serious interest at least from some D2 teams?

CHSAA audits enrollment at every member school every other year. There are schools that have been playing the game of shutting down admission every other year in order to stay at the same class for years.

Colorado has a long history of being slow moving teams to the proper divisions. Fast growing schools sometimes end up playing against schools half their size. These schools also frequently have demographics which result in much higher levels of participation and support than older more established schools resulting in some ugly missmatches.

On the other side of this are schools in declining areas with declining enrollments and lower levels of participation which end up getting repeately blasted by schools with much bigger talent bases to draw from. This can tend to lead to even lower participation.

There have been some schools in recent years that have had trouble even fielding teams and part of it can be blamed on the hopelessness of their schedules. Once that sets in it's hard for a school to turn it around even if they do eventually get moved to the right classification or some recovery in their student numbers.

by the way for Holic. Sounds like they have themselves a QB, I would guess that he is getting some serious interest at least from some D2 teams?
nice explination... and, the distances driven between schools (esp. 5a) not really fair for those not directly in Denver metro area. Grand Junction is a great example.

Good... can he catch? maybe tight end?

He's a very good natural athlete so good chance he can. That said I'd rather have him as an offensive lineman with the athleticism to handle speed rushers and the mobility to get to and block the second level.

He's a very good natural athlete so good chance he can. That said I'd rather have him as an offensive lineman with the athleticism to handle speed rushers and the mobility to get to and block the second level.
agree. We just have soooo many holes to fill.

He was at the game on Saturday. Still really skinny but has a great frame, which has been said countless times.

Damn, get him a fully funded Golden Corral gift card and a membership to a gym for the next 10 months. We could use some help next year!

Miller is going to need a redshirt year. While he's a solid player, his upside potential is so much higher than his current level of play. I'm very excited about getting him at CU, but I have no illusions that he'll see the field before 2016.

Miller is going to need a redshirt year. While he's a solid player, his upside potential is so much higher than his current level of play. I'm very excited about getting him at CU, but I have no illusions that he'll see the field before 2016.

Almost every OL should redshirt. I'm happy that HCMM seems to agree with me on this.

Heh - Nate Solder came in as a really tall TE and developed into one of the best LTs in the NFL. He didn't redshirt, IIRC. Miller actually has a better frame and more experience on the OL than Solder had. I'm very optimistic about Miller's potential here. I think he could turn out to be a special player. Hope I'm not over-selling the kid.

Heh - Nate Solder came in as a really tall TE and developed into one of the best LTs in the NFL. He didn't redshirt, IIRC. Miller actually has a better frame and more experience on the OL than Solder had. I'm very optimistic about Miller's potential here. I think he could turn out to be a special player. Hope I'm not over-selling the kid.

Solder redshirted. My HS played against Solder his SR year and he was an absolute beast of an MLB. His combination of size/athleticism is basically unheard of. If Miller ends up 1/2 as good as Solder I'll be happy

Solder was definitely a Buff to be proud of and glad to see that Miller understands that and wants to take the Colorado mantle

Back