What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OT Isaiah Holland (Signed to Colorado)

I don't know if they make reflective belts that large.

All joking aside, West Point is a fantastic institution. However, the long list of Colorado OL that have gone elsewhere just got a little longer. And we still haven't gotten one recruit from Valor. Not. One.
now ^ that is a real shame.

Looks like he's not headed to Army after all...but instead has signed with CU! Per Jason Jewell from Scout.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 22
Looks like he's not headed to Army after all...but instead has signed with CU! Per Jason Jewell from Scout.

Strange situation. The service academies usually do a very good job of making sure that kids will qualify before finishing the appointment process.

Pure speculation but a couple of possibilities. One is that he slipped a little and coasted in his last semester of HS. The other is that West Point is tightening up admissions on athletes and non-athletes as they reduce the size of the corp of cadets. AFA is reducing enrollment by over 10% as the pentagon cuts force sizes.

Either way welcome to the Buffs. We can always use big, smart, OL prospects. He had multiple PAC offers before choosing Army.

Last edited:
WTF. Did we just get Holland after all that? He can come and join them this summer/fall? Holy S**t. That is big news for our OL. I hope he is as close to as happy with the outcome as I am!

Who knows what happened behind the scenes, but he had boatloads of offers and I suspect still could have switched allegiance to many of them and he chose us.

Big news for a monday in May!

From Isaiah's Facebook (per Adam):

Due to unforeseen circumstances in the admissions process, I was recently denied admission to West Point. While this was disappointing, God gave me another exciting opportunity for my future. On May 19th I accepted a full ride football scholarship to the University of Colorado.

Welcome to the Buff family, Isaiah!

In-state OLs make me so happy!

#cOLorado

:dance: :dance: :dance:

From Isaiah's Facebook (per Adam):

Due to unforeseen circumstances in the admissions process, I was recently denied admission to West Point. While this was disappointing, God gave me another exciting opportunity for my future. On May 19th I accepted a full ride football scholarship to the University of Colorado.

Welcome to the Buff family, Isaiah!

In-state OLs make me so happy!

#cOLorado

:dance: :dance: :dance:

And you didn't even have to take a weekend off the board for us to get him.:lol:

Rivals says he will be on campus by end of June. Given how light we are on the OL, I still think he pushes for PT although I know that OL ideally should RS and he only has 2 yrs HS football experience. Either way, having him on our roster the next 4-5 years is sweet! Sorry it didn't work out at the Army but things happen for a reason. I am sure he is going to have an awesome experience and be part of the return to top 20 football.

Any thoughts on him ending up at DT?

I doubt it. For someone new to football, the norm would have been to put him at DT at his size where technique's not as important at the HS level. But he played OL instead. From the limited interviews we have, he seems to like the OL technician thing and loves to pass block.

Didn't the last Valor OL kid start at Auburn as a frosh? Redshirt Frosh?

At any rate, the more I watched Holland this year the more impressive he was. I think he's been well coached there. Not that I know much about OL, but the kid went up against several D1 kids this year and looked to me to be dominating or holding his own and never really worse than that.

I think he's ideally suited to play OG, and we could use that for sure.

Plati sent out a release, signed grants-in-aid over the weekend.

CU Bloodlines....while unfortunate it didn't work for him at Army....hoping for a great CU career!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Back