What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OT Isaiah Holland (Signed to Colorado)

great news! I really see that all 3 of our incoming Frosh O-Linemen should have solid careers at CU if they are willing to put in the work. They all have really high ceilings, and have yet to scratch the surface.

Holland has limited football experience, and only a few years in the states.
Josh Kaiser is really young and only 1 year on the OL, and only one year as a starter.
Miller sat out football until he was a Sophomore, and has yet to really hit the weight room and calorie packing stations hard.

But all three are plus prospects when it comes to size and athleticism.

great news! I really see that all 3 of our incoming Frosh O-Linemen should have solid careers at CU if they are willing to put in the work. They all have really high ceilings, and have yet to scratch the surface.

Holland has limited football experience, and only a few years in the states.
Josh Kaiser is really young and only 1 year on the OL, and only one year as a starter.
Miller sat out football until he was a Sophomore, and has yet to really hit the weight room and calorie packing stations hard.

But all three are plus prospects when it comes to size and athleticism.
And then you add in Callahan potentially in 2014 or if not in 2014, in 2014 with Middlemiss, potentially Lynott, and I assume a few others. The future on our OL is looking good right now.

And then you add in Callahan potentially in 2014 or if not in 2014, in 2014 with Middlemiss, potentially Lynott, and I assume a few others. The future on our OL is looking good right now.

I'm not in agreement, yet. Callahan is a stop gap that will be gone after two seasons. A much needed band-aid, but not part of the long term solution.

It feels like missed pretty big on some guys that are still young that I am pretty sure that Bernardi would not have offered. It's still early but I just am not high on any of the guys Embree brought in or had lined up, so far. Time will tell, but I think 2014 was a solid OL class, but small in numbers. We need to do at least that well this year and next before I will start to feel like we have a roster that is ready to develop. I see promise though.

I'm not in agreement, yet. Callahan is a stop gap that will be gone after two seasons. A much needed band-aid, but not part of the long term solution.

It feels like missed pretty big on some guys that are still young that I am pretty sure that Bernardi would not have offered. It's still early but I just am not high on any of the guys Embree brought in or had lined up, so far. Time will tell, but I think 2014 was a solid OL class, but small in numbers. We need to do at least that well this year and next before I will start to feel like we have a roster that is ready to develop. I see promise though.

What? He is a potential 3 year starter at LT. '14, '15, '16

I understand you being cautious but it is ok about being excited for Callahan coming in and what he can bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for the exemption so he can play 3 but even if not having a quality starting LT for 2 years would be a big get. Three years from now one of the current young guys (my heart says Miller but he has a lot of developing to do) should then be ready to step in and start for the next year to two years then replaced by the next guy with a couple years in the program. That's how successful programs do it.

We have to get to the point where we have guys competing to play, not where we are hoping to find someone to step in who will survive.

None of us know what the future will bring, we have all had our hopes busted multiple times.

What I am seeing now is some classes with the kinds of kids that are not going to start right away but who have relatively high ceilings in the future.

This class is absolutely critical though. We have to keep Middlemiss, we need to be getting kids like Lynot, we need a more as well. Callahan helps make up for some of the weakness that was his class year, Holland adds to last years group.

I'd prefer that we be getting these kids on LOI day but it's more important that we are getting them one way or another.

Start to win some games, show that we have a competent offense and we won't be scrambling in the future like we are now.

What? He is a potential 3 year starter at LT. '14, '15, '16

He's also a potential 2-year backup at LT in '15 and '16. We don't really know. But I do think Callahan will be a solid guy for us.

I was really talking about the "future" being when these young kids start to contribute, like 2017 and beyond. I think it's too early to be optimistic given the small numbers in 2012 and the fact that the 2013 class hasn't done anything yet. We might be ok, but we might not.

One of my favorite OL from Colorado last year. Still has a lot of work to do, but he has potential, a CU legacy, nice, nice.

Color me skeptical on any OL recruited by Marshall.

Will feel better if the 2015 OLclass is even better (on paper). That is how real depth is built.

I am excited to see the Holland family continue at CU. I was a fan of Darius on and off the field from the time he was in High School. Who owned his recruitment?

Glad the program was able to accommodate him. How did the scholarship open?

Do we know what the circumstances are behind this? Just a little curious why he got denied at West Point.

I think if you'd like to ask if there were any problems with CU admissions, that'd be fine. As to why he didn't get accepted to West Point, I'd say it's not really our business.

Semper Gumby

Do we know what the circumstances are behind this? Just a little curious why he got denied at West Point.

From the new Rivals interview, it sounds like it was an issue over his size. He's over 320 atm.

I am excited to see the Holland family continue at CU. I was a fan of Darius on and off the field from the time he was in High School. Who owned his recruitment?

Glad the program was able to accommodate him. How did the scholarship open?
So now we have Shannon Clavelle's kid and Darius Holland's. Keeping it in the family!

Alex Kelley (Karry Kelley, OL late 70's) and Clay Norgard (Erik, OL late 80's) also had Dad's who were Buffs.

The Army's loss is our gain as we get an incoming lineman who already has the size he will need to compete. As soon as he is on campus I hope one of the first people he is introduced to is Dave Forman and he can start working toward the exact weight the coaches want him at. Looking forward to tracking the development of a lineman with NFL dad's genes.

The Army's loss is our gain as we get an incoming lineman who already has the size he will need to compete. As soon as he is on campus I hope one of the first people he is introduced to is Dave Forman and he can start working toward the exact weight the coaches want him at. Looking forward to tracking the development of a lineman with NFL dad's genes.

Being 330 right now could be a bigger detriment. We really don't know much about the bold above, since he could be 250 without the extra bad weight. I suspect he's got a lot of weight to lose but also a lot of muscle to gain. And I'm sure he's been introduced to Dave Forman already!

Being 330 right now could be a bigger detriment. We really don't know much about the bold above, since he could be 250 without the extra bad weight. I suspect he's got a lot of weight to lose but also a lot of muscle to gain. And I'm sure he's been introduced to Dave Forman already!

And George!

Semper Gumby

Last edited:
[MENTION=4]alex[/MENTION]_burness: Freshman OL Isaiah Holland suspended indefinitely from CU football, following an alleged sex assault on campus in Oct. Full story upcoming.

Back