What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

Dude i went to the showcase and didn't see Chances Matlock (Falcon) there. He graduates in 2014. I saw him drop 20+ against Wasson last year. I'm pretty sure hes got footage on You tube. Class of 14 is gonna be nice!!!!!

What club does he play on? Because 3A basketball in Colorado isn't really the best showcase of talent around.

According to Varvee, Falcon is 4A. And he plays in the Springs. Maybe thats why he's off the radar. Either way, I think he looked pretty good.

According to Varvee, Falcon is 4A. And he plays in the Springs. Maybe thats why he's off the radar. Either way, I think he looked pretty good.

Sorry I checked their wiki page and it said they play 3A football so I just guessed. Either way someone who plays 4A in Colorado needs to showcase their talent at the club level.

Dom Collier named the no. 14 prospect for 2014 by Lindy's Preseason magazine. Josh Perkins named no. 20 by the same publication.

Look I know my comments seem unsensible, and you all are PROBABLY right...but **** UNC, **** Roy and **** KU. I don't understand how with those last three comments of mine anyone can argue that Roy sucks. They're not opinions...they're more like laws.

Yes, a UNC/Duke/UConn/UK/KU/etc all stand out to recruits...but Roy is still slow with his recruiting SOMEtimes (even compared to other elite schools). Sure, me and other Duke fans probably see it through Duke tinted glasses, but what can I say - except once again...yes, **** UNC, **** Roy and **** KU.

Back to topic though - Collier and his class are a real potential gift to Boyle. I'm still holding out some hope that Thomas wants to come back home too. When CO produces a great bball talent, it'd be nice to see CU lock them up.

Sour grapes, much?

Nice Rivals article on Collier in which his dad compares his game to Kenny Anderson's. Also mentions that he has a 4.0 GPA. Would LOVE to keep this kid in-state.

Also, from the writer of the article (Clint Jackson):

Early school list for Collier: Colorado, Iowa, Az, Kansas, Purdue, Colorado St, Virginia, Stanford, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Alabama, UNLV and UNC

Nice Rivals article on Collier in which his dad compares his game to Kenny Anderson's. Also mentions that he has a 4.0 GPA. Would LOVE to keep this kid in-state.

Also, from the writer of the article (Clint Jackson):

Collier's going to be able to go anywhere. We need to keep momentum going in 2011 and then make the tourney in 2012. If we do that, I think we'll have a good shot at anybody we want from our recruiting areas.

Looks like we should have 3-5 scholarships for 2014 as well, so if Collier wants to bring some of his Team USA teammates to Boulder with him, I'd be fine with that. :thumbsup:

I know Chauncey can't talk to him, but if he could, he'd tell the kid the best decision he ever made was to stay home.

Tad needs a monster two years to close Collier. No doubt about it. Sell this place as somewhere you can start, get noticed and get to the Association.

I can't believe we're sitting here talking about a kid who's a Sophmore in high school. This is nuts.

I can't believe we're sitting here talking about a kid who's a Sophmore in high school. This is nuts.

Welcome to basketball recruiting.

I remember back in the 1990s, Bobby Knight was on a scouting trip and was quoted saying that Damon Bailey (an 8th grader) was better than any guard currently playing for Indiana. 4 years later, Bailey signed with Indiana.

That would be the same Bobby Knight who blast Kentucky for doing things like that....he is either amnesic or the biggest ass ever...I vote for #2

That would be the same Bobby Knight who blast Kentucky for doing things like that....he is either amnesic or the biggest ass ever...I vote for #2

I think the full story is that he was scouting an AAU tourney, Bailey was playing, and he made the comment to one of his coaches. The guy following Knight to write a book on him overheard the comment and published it. Knight, for all his flaws, was pretty clean.

I think the full story is that he was scouting an AAU tourney, Bailey was playing, and he made the comment to one of his coaches. The guy following Knight to write a book on him overheard the comment and published it. Knight, for all his flaws, was pretty clean.

He had to be. You KNOW the NCAA was just waiting to nail his ass.

Rivals with a great read on Collier:

On the recruiting front, Collier received his first scholarship offer from CU during his freshman year. He has since added offers from Arizona and Iowa.

North Carolina, Georgetown, Cal and Texas are among the other colleges that have shown early interest in Collier.

"I really like North Carolina, Arizona and CU. Those schools are all high on my list," he said. "I like how CU is doing in the Pac-12 this year. Coach Tad Boyle is a good coach, I like his coaching style and I like that they get out and run. Chauncey's brother (Rodney Billups) is the Director of Player Operations there.

Also, he plans on deciding his junior year.

Collier has been my favorite target since he stepped on the court last season. He is a must get if there is such a thing. We completely whiffed on Bouldin (didn't really try too much either), Thomas was a head case, and now, Collier must come. PLEASE BOYLE work some magic.

I've said it before but I'll say it again here - an early commit from Perkins or Collier would really be big and would help solidify CU as a recruiting power.

I've said it before but I'll say it again here - an early commit from Perkins or Collier would really be big and would help solidify CU as a recruiting power.
For any of the hoops recruiting gurus — do you guys have a preference between Perkins and Collier?

For any of the hoops recruiting gurus — do you guys have a preference between Perkins and Collier?

Both! The sites love Collier, but Perkins has a big upside and is a little bigger. He seems to be more of a combo guard while Collier is a pure point.

Back