What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

If you don't get excited while reading Adam's article on Collier & the trip he made up to Boulder with Perkins, you have no pulse.
:lol:

His stats for a sophomore are crazy and he had a damn good shooting percentage as well which is a huge plus and it looks like he improved on his FT shooting as the year went on while averaging 82% from the line. Could he push for a 5* in the future?

Hopefully this is another connection that pays off, similar to Scott and Gordon. This summer will be huge on how they're both ultimately evaluated by the recruiting sites.

Alex Kline:

Dom Collier and KC Run GMC (MO) came into Philadelphia with a target on their back and they stepped up to the plate to deliver. A 2014 point guard from Denver East (CO), Collier is extremely talented playing alongside 2013 Kansas commit Conner Frankamp and 2013 Missouri commit Travis Jorgenson. He currently has a major list of schools involved with him including “Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, North Carolina, Purdue, Alabama, Kansas, Stanford, UNLV, Georgetown and New Mexico.” As a few of these schools have offered thus far, look for a majority of them to present Collier with scholarships by the end of the summer.

I remember reading that there were rumors that he was planning on committing early. Would love it if that's true -- provided it's with CU. Getting him to commit sometime this summer/fall would be HUGE for future recruiting.

I remember reading that there were rumors that he was planning on committing early. Would love it if that's true -- provided it's with CU. Getting him to commit sometime this summer/fall would be HUGE for future recruiting.

Yeah I'd love to see Collier commit early, then do a little recruiting on the AAU circuit.

What is wrong with you guys... " i would love for him to commit early to recruit on the aau" What the hell? Ill be happy if he commits at all. Hes a 5 star player dont get greedy.

What is wrong with you guys... " i would love for him to commit early to recruit on the aau" What the hell? Ill be happy if he commits at all. Hes a 5 star player dont get greedy.

He's a 3* or 4* player depending on the site, but yeah, he'd be a huge get. Tad has upped the bar substantially in his short time here and he seems to be a CU lean who may want to commit early. For these reasons, it's not unrealistic to think he may be ready to commit this summer. So yeah, we all want to see that happen ASAP so that he can go to work on bringing other top players to CU with him. We're greedy bastards.

He's a 3* or 4* player depending on the site, but yeah, he'd be a huge get. Tad has upped the bar substantially in his short time here and he seems to be a CU lean who may want to commit early. For these reasons, it's not unrealistic to think he may be ready to commit this summer. So yeah, we all want to see that happen ASAP so that he can go to work on bringing other top players to CU with him. We're greedy bastards.

It would be nice for us to become one of those schools that kids want to commit to early to make sure they get a spot rather than one of those schools that kids look at as a fallback. Seems like Tad is getting us there.

It would be nice for us to become one of those schools that kids want to commit to early to make sure they get a spot rather than one of those schools that kids look at as a fallback. Seems like Tad is getting us there.

I think Collier and, to a lesser extent, Perkins, will be good indicators of where the program stands, at least with the instate kids. That's the first step, then we'll work on the out of state prospects.

This isn't going to be easy...

Collier didn’t have much time on campus due to a scheduled plane flight and wasn’t able to meet with Roy Williams, so he’s hoping to set up another trip to UNC in the near future.

“We only had two hours because we had to go catch a flight,” Collier said. “We are going to schedule another time to go and meet the academic guys and see the dorms.”

“He wasn’t there this time,” Collier said about Roy Williams. “That’s another reason why we want to visit another time. He was at a charity event for golf.”

I suspect Roy Williams feels like he can take any player he wants, so he's able to go play in a charity golf tournament when one of his recruits is in town to see him. I'm glad for him. Must be nice.

GREAT read. Love the fact that Tad was the first coach to text him when unlimited texts went in to place.

GREAT read. Love the fact that Tad was the first coach to text him when unlimited texts went in to place.

I envision Tad standing outside Collier's house with a pitchfork, warding off all interloping coaches. We gotta put this kid on lock-down.

Is it just me or does he seem to have more wandering eyes for OOS programs now

It's hard not to have wandering eyes when Roy Williams is one of your suitors. That said, Collier is an afterthought at UNC. He'd be a pivotal ingredient at CU.

Good to hear about Rudy Carey, too. He's the godfather of Denver High School coaches.

HUGE.

Collier and Perkins have to be targets #1A and #1B right now.

HUGE.

Collier and Perkins have to be targets #1A and #1B right now.

Two point guards in one class? I mean, yeah - they're both great players and we'd be fortunate to have both, but it seems a little odd to take two point guards in the same class.

Two point guards in one class? I mean, yeah - they're both great players and we'd be fortunate to have both, but it seems a little odd to take two point guards in the same class.

Collier could play the 2 quite easily in my opinion. Never hurts to have more players on the floor that can handle the ball.

Collier could play the 2 quite easily in my opinion. Never hurts to have more players on the floor that can handle the ball.

I actually think Perkins would be the 2, as he's more of a scorer, while Collier is smaller and fits the traditional PG role. That said, yeah, I think they'd compliment each other well too and you can never ha e too many guys who are strong ballhandlers.

I think at the college level, you can be successful playing two point guards in your backcourt. Especially, if they're at the level of Perkins and Collier.

Perkins is already 6'3" as well. Good chance he will be able to defend most college two's at the next level, anyways.

I think at the college level, you can be successful playing two point guards in your backcourt. Especially, if they're at the level of Perkins and Collier.

Perkins is already 6'3" as well. Good chance he will be able to defend most college two's at the next level, anyways.

I would argue at times last year we could have/did run 3 point guards as long as they can defend.

No problem at all to have 2 of 3 PGs on the court as long as they are more than distributors. You can't have multiple Tomlinson types, but you can have multiple Billups types.

Back