What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Verbal to Colorado)

yhyseju3.jpg

ESPN just moved him from the #15 PG to the #12.

And based on their rating system, that puts him right around 60. I think I counted 57 players rated higher than 81, and 7 others at 81. Considering they have Dom ahead of the other two PG's with 81 ratings, but not listed as a top 60 player, it looks like he's 61-63 on their list.

Scott was ranked quite highly, particularly by ESPN (38th overall). However, if I remember right, at the time he committed he was closer to top 125. It was after he blew up during senior season that he kept getting bumped.

Either way, Collier is probably the most publicized CO basketball prep since Chauncey. Huge pick-up

Eric Bossi @ebosshoops
Colorado is on the board with a four-star point guard in 2014. Details coming

William Whelan @William_Whelan
Collier was the Colorado Gatorade Player of the Year as well as Mr. Basketball.

Evan Daniels @EvanDanielsFOX
Dominique Collier just pledged to Colorado, per LJ Goolsby.

Josh Gershon @JoshGershon
Really nice pickup for Colorado in Dominique Collier. 2014 combo guard that has improved as shooter. Important local commitment for Buffs.

Evan Daniels @EvanDanielsFOX
Dominique Collier is headed to Colorado. Playing close to home played into it ...

Rodney Billups @rodneybillups
Congrats to my bro, I'm happy for you kid. Very excited!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

is that a violation

Great article on Collier's game: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1503722

If there are any knocks, they are that he needs to get in the weight room to develop an NBA body and that his jump shot needs to keep improving (mechanics are key, as it still comes from his shoulder). But length, quickness, open court dynamics, half court control, basketball IQ, explosiveness, leadership, hustle... he's got it all. The areas for improvement will determine whether he's gone for the NBA after 2 years or whether he's a 4-year team leader like Cory was.

I love this, I love this get, I love the Buffs. I see people crying about Perkins, but I say F that! Maybe Perkins can shoot better than Dom, but that's about it. Dom is the ultimate team leader. What a get for the CU Buffs! Welcome Dom!!!

The kids that are invited to represent the USA U16 National Team are no fluke. Fans shouldn't underestimate Mr Collier, who has played with and against the finest competition. It has to make you even better I would think. Look who Dom played and practiced against on the USA U16 National Team.

Larry Austin
(Lamphier H.S. / Springfield, Ill.); Conner Frankamp (Wichita North H.S. / Wichita, Kan.); Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty H.S. / San Jose, Calif.); Justin Jackson (Home School Christian Youth Association / Houston, Texas); Stanley Johnson (Mater Dei H.S. / Fullerton, Calif.); Tyus Jones (Apple Valley H.S. / Apple Valley, Minn.); Kendrick Nunn (Simeon H.S. / Chicago, Ill.); Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young H.S. / Chicago, Ill.); Jabari Parker (Simeon H.S. / Chicago, Ill.); Theo Pinson (Oakridge Military Academy / Greensboro, N.C.); and Johnathan Williams (Southwind H.S. / Memphis, Tenn.).

CU's Own Diaper Dandy!!! GO BUFFS!!!

Scott was ranked quite highly, particularly by ESPN (38th overall). However, if I remember right, at the time he committed he was closer to top 125. It was after he blew up during senior season that he kept getting bumped.

Tad has shown not only the ability to identify talent but to indentify talent that is going to continue to improve at or above the normal rate. I sense that Dom fits this profile and by the time he is actually on campus he may be much higher on the list.

Back