What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

Dropped to 80th (think from 61) on rivals. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2993

Does anyone know what the reasoning is behind the services dropping him? Is it his shot as mentioned above or something else? I know we are getting a great prospect regardless of ranking, but curious about the drop.

Scouts were very split on Dom at camps and on the AAU circuit. Will said a few weeks back that Dom may be dropping in the rankings. I guess the ESPN guys had a higher opinion of his play than Scout and Rivals' analysts.

Familiarity, maybe? Dom's been in the spotlight for so long that maybe the service scouts are falling in love with others' upside and passing Dom in the rankings. Who knows? Usually we benefit from that dynamic since we've been the program discovering guys. With J-Hop and Dom, it's been the opposite. They kept winning MVPs and falling in the rankings anyway.

I really think this is the main reason. Dom's been competing with USA basketball for several years already and it gets really easy for analysts to spend time picking apart his game, rather than focusing on what he does well. There also seems to be a belief that kids who show a big jump later in their HS careers will continue that upward trajectory into their college careers. In Dom's case, he was good enough to start at a number of colleges as a 15 or 16 year old, so he just didn't have the same room for growth that others did.

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread, but here's some July video. Is it signing day yet?

[video=youtube;87XXNgf2w-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87XXNgf2w-0#at=23[/video]

Twitter stalking. Does anyone here own a buffet?

3abf7f75e00f710fb6d008ed9577eff9.jpeg

People seriously don't know what one of the three assistant MBB coaches looks like? Not trying to be a d***, just cracked me up for some reason.

People seriously don't know what one of the three assistant MBB coaches looks like? Not trying to be a d***, just cracked me up for some reason.
I couldn't tell what most of HMM's staff looks like, let alone, MBB assistant coaches.

If you aren't on campus, you aren't going to recognize these guys.

Rodney. Chauncey's bro.
Sorry, but perhaps I am a little confused ... Unless Collier is somehow standing below him, the guy next to him must be at least about 6'5' (Since Collier is listed at 6'1"). I did not think that Rodney was that tall. Old eyes, I suppose. :)

I couldn't tell what most of HMM's staff looks like, let alone, MBB assistant coaches.

If you aren't on campus, you aren't going to recognize these guys.

Football unless you have great seats, you arent going to see the assistants easily. Basketball they are the guys sitting right next to Tad, and they talk about them on the TV. Not to be negative, but Rodney is pretty reconizable IMHO.

I recognized Rodney but since he is 5'10" and Collier is 6'1" it made we wonder if it really was him. Definitely picked the highest rock for the photo.

Dom played with Cliff Alexander in the 3 on 3s and with Tory Miller in AAU. I'd really be curious what he thinks about the difference between the two

For those wanting to watch Dom play, and aren't keen on watching the CU vs. UO game, he's playing in the Rocky Mountain Fall Showcase this weekend.

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Verbal to Colorado)

"He enjoyed it, has put on a little weight and is playing better than ever," Carey said. The 6-foot Collier now weighs 166 pounds.

Nice to see he putting on a little weight.

It would be awesome to see 10-15 more pounds before he gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be awesome to see 10-15 more pounds before he gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree, especially if it costs him any speed or quickness. With his game and his frame, a lot of bulk isn't really going to benefit him as much as some other guys. He's not going to be in the block posting people up or fighting for offensive rebounds.

I'd rather have him do 1,000 reps on his jump shots every day than do 100 reps of curls and squats and bench presses.

Ski is 6-1, 170, and of all the complaints I read/heard about him last season, I don't ever remember anyone saying his problem was that he needed to put on weight.

165-170 is probably a fine playing weight for Collier.

Weight not nearly important as strength....can he take a pounding going to the rim...can he hold up defensively...those are much more important considerations than just simply weight

Dom needs to do more strength conditioning. He knows that. Look at Spencer vs. his high school photos. Look at NBA players. To get where he wants to be, Dom needs to get bigger and stronger.

Dom will be alright. I am not that concerned about his weight or strength at this time, he is a point guard. The new rules of college basketball should help him. The game will be less physical. Ski has improved his strength, I don't see why Dom can't do the same.

Back