What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

Perkins dad says that his list is down to 5 schools (and we are not on it) They are:

UCLA
Minnesota
Gonzaga
Kentucky
UCONN

Thankfully, there's only one of these schools that we'd have to play if he ended up there. At this point, as long as he's not with UCLA I dont really care. Apparently he has not gotten an official offer from kentucky yet either, which I find odd.

Article here

Minnesota is a surprise. He won't go to Kentucky unless they offer.

Actually I would prefer him to go to UCLA because I want CU to face the best competition, and it is important to keep all the West Coast kids in the Pac 12.

Re: '14 CO PG Josh Perkins

Minnesota is a surprise. He won't go to Kentucky unless they offer.

Actually I would prefer him to go to UCLA because I want CU to face the best competition, and it is important to keep all the West Coast kids in the Pac 12.

He goes to school in West Virginia now.

Minnesota is on the list most likely because Rashad Vaughn and Josh Perkins have talked about committing to the same school, and Rashad is somewhat high on the local program. Kentucky, like KU and Duke, are more interested in the top 2 PG's in the 2014 class.

Personally, expect him to sign with Gonzaga

Reading those comments from his dad make me happy that we got Dom Collier.

My guess is Gonzaga unless Kentucky offers.

Reading those comments from his dad make me happy that we got Dom Collier.

I'm on the record saying that I don't like Perkins much and these new quotes confirm my suspicion. His dad's rhetoric is divisive at best. So happy about Collier!

Interesting comments from Mr. Perkins, to say the least, but they shouldn't be surprising to anyone following the Dom/Josh recruitment. I've long wondered how his dad's position as AAU coach would affect his decision and it was one of the biggest reasons I preferred Dom in the end.

Those comments definitely rub me the wrong way, but maybe that is just how things are done at high level recruiting in basketball?

Perkins's recruitment has seemed odd to say the least. Most parents let their child make the final call, or at least are less public about it. While his dad has always said that this is Josh's decision, some of his comments seem to suggest that is not really the case.

I will always wonder where Josh would have ended up, had it been 100% his call.

While Josh seems like a very high quality kid, you do wonder if the treatment of him in college will ever be good enough for his father.

Does his dad realize that he's going to have to share the ball a ton if he goes to a place like Kentucky?

When I saw him earlier this summer he was definitely a pass first PG, his game completely changes when the caliber of his teammates around him is better. He can dominate the ball when he needs to (AKA Regis) but when on his AAU team he has no problem and looks to enjoy being the facilitator.

I never saw a point guard I liked that was worried about "how many touches" he got....

How many touches does Spencer Dinwiddie require? I wonder how big of an issue that was in his recruitment. Tad, Can I have 7.8 shots per game?

Perkins has felt like he was in Dom's shadow locally. For that reason, he and his dad understandably wanted to separate from that for his senior year and for college. fwiw, Perk & Dom do get along and they entertained the idea of playing together. If they had, Perk would have played more point.

Perkins has felt like he was in Dom's shadow locally. For that reason, he and his dad understandably wanted to separate from that for his senior year and for college. fwiw, Perk & Dom do get along and they entertained the idea of playing together. If they had, Perk would have played more point.

I guess that's where I struggle with some of this- I really don't understand why Josh was so set on getting away from Dom. He's obviously getting the love where it matters, as he's universally considered the superior college prospect in the experts' rankings, and his offer list is packed with blue bloods. I guess the Mr. Basketball and Gatorade POTY honors really upset him, but at the end of the day, who cares?

It just doesn't seem like family has handled this very well, and feels that everyone in the state should be tripping over themselves to annoint him as the chosen one. It makes me worry about how they'll react at higher levels if he gets overshadowed by the other extremely talented players that he'll be sharing the court with. I understand wanting to position yourself for the best chance at an NBA future, but this feels like more than that.

I wish Josh well and I'm sure he'll represent Colorado well wherever he goes, but can't help but wonder how this will all turn out.

FWIW, this is by no means a sour grapes post, and I'd take Josh in a heartbeat if he had a change of heart in the future, but this is just something I've been thinking about for awhile, but didn't want to air on his thread. Now that it's already out there, I guess it's fair game!

FWIW TOS for UCLA seems to think its down to UCLA and Gonzaga for Perkins (who is supposed to be announcing on the 25th of this month), but they think he's leaning Gonzaga at this point (which has many of their fans flabbergasted). It'd be nice to be able to root for him as a Colorado guy and not have him in conference.

I still have hope that he commits to CU and Tad Boyle starts recruiting him again.

Last edited:
I am still have hope the he commits to CU and Tad Boyle starts recruiting him again.

CU is still in touch. They just have zero shot. Hoping he's a Zag, but can't rule out UCONN. Ollie is doing a nice job.

Please, no to UCLA. It would be torture to see him coming to Boulder every year in an opponent's uniform.

I'm probably in the minority, but hope he lands at UCLA. Partly, because I really don't like Gonzaga at all and part because Dom and Josh have had some good games against each other, and wouldn't mind to see that continue. The more good players in the Pac-12, the better the conference gets

I'm probably in the minority, but hope he lands at UCLA. Partly, because I really don't like Gonzaga at all and part because Dom and Josh have had some good games against each other, and wouldn't mind to see that continue. The more good players in the Pac-12, the better the conference gets

Gonzaga Sucks. Yesterday I was almost rear ended and then flipped off by a guy with Gonzaga alumni stickers. Typical. Gonzaga definitely sucks. Go Toreros.

Back