What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins

I think you're too hung up with star ratings. I want Perkins too (we all do), but you're setting yourself up for disappooment if we land Collier instead. That's an added variable with both of these kid's recruitment, and ultimately, we probably have one scholarship for whichever pops first.

The guys an idiot, he thinks we're duke or UNC. We are where will be for a long time folks. Top-20. Poised for sweet 16 runs.

Let's just say that Perkins didn't hurt his stock at all while at Pangos:

[video=youtube;vRqNYsZVhXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqNYsZVhXc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

^^^^ Man! Even an old wrestler can understand that those are some crazy passes. Gotta wonder how much of that works in college. Anyone?

We should be more than pleased if we land Perkins or Collier. It will be very disappointing if they both leave the state though.

That's the best highlight package I've seen on him. The one thing I like about his recruitment is that we shouldn't have to play against him. If he doesn't come to CU, it doesn't look like he'll end up in the conference, with UCLA now prioritizing McLaughlin.

That was sick

Kid has a lot of talent: I've seen him live playing for Jesuit several times now. But I'm not enamored. In fact, I'd prefer Collier.

Perkins relies on quickness and handles to get an explosive first step. I think collegiate athleticism will close that gap. He finishes well from the left side of the lane while getting contact, but I just don't see that being there in college. Shoots the ball nicely, but I question his on-court demeanor.

Just thoughts.

Kid has a lot of talent: I've seen him live playing for Jesuit several times now. But I'm not enamored. In fact, I'd prefer Collier.

Perkins relies on quickness and handles to get an explosive first step. I think collegiate athleticism will close that gap. He finishes well from the left side of the lane while getting contact, but I just don't see that being there in college. Shoots the ball nicely, but I question his on-court demeanor.

Just thoughts.

Are you saying you don't like the flashiness?

Just thoughts.

I don't really like to post anything about my observations of these kids, b/c they are kids. But I will say this. I've read, heard and seen in person what I think you are alluding to in Perkins on-court demeanor. But I did see him play two weeks ago and I can't tell you how impressed I was with his on-court demeanor. He was whistled for a couple of questionable calls, one specifically stands out, he was called for what must have been interpreted as a push-off on him. The whole gym did one of the ohhhhh type of things knowing it was a questionable call. He didn't react, no raising of the hands saying "I didn't do anything", no shrug of the shoulders, no stare down of the ref, absolutely no reaction. He bounce passed the ball to the ref and turned and ran to the defensive end.

I walked away very impressed with his on-court demeanor.

For those of you worrying about how well Perkins' game will translate to the college level, I'd just like to point out that he's performing better with and against D1 basketball players on the AAU circuit than he did on a court with lesser talent in high school games. Guys like Perkins will be better on the bigger stage with athletes who can handle no-look passes with heat on them. I'm thinking of players like Shane Larkin. The guys around my age may also remember Jason "White Chocolate" Williams at Florida.

In short: it translates

white chocolate was awesome to watch, that was until the inevitable pass that hit a teammate in the back of the head.

For those of you worrying about how well Perkins' game will translate to the college level, I'd just like to point out that he's performing better with and against D1 basketball players on the AAU circuit than he did on a court with lesser talent in high school games. Guys like Perkins will be better on the bigger stage with athletes who can handle no-look passes with heat on them. I'm thinking of players like Shane Larkin. The guys around my age may also remember Jason "White Chocolate" Williams at Florida.

In short: it translates
That's my gut with this kid, Nik. His skills just seem too instinctive to not work at the college level. I would love to watch him in a Buffs uni; I was waiting for some nay-sayer to step up with a reasoned response, and still am.

That's my gut with this kid, Nik. His skills just seem too instinctive to not work at the college level. I would love to watch him in a Buffs uni; I was waiting for some nay-sayer to step up with a reasoned response, and still am.
I'm wondering where the talk about nay-sayers is coming from. In Perkins latest interview with Bossi, he talked about the haters back home. Is it the fact that not everyone is willing to concede that he is far better than Collier? Is it the Gatorade POY? I've seen a few people have questions about certain parts of his game, which is true of any kid, but I've never seen anyone say they don't want him or question his upside. I guess people expect him to get the Chauncey Billups treatment due to the star ratings, but it's a little different scenario now, with other quality prospects coming out of the state. Anyway, this isn't a criticism, just an honest question, because I really haven't seen any hate for the kid.

I think there is some rationalizing taking place. It's understood that we won't get both, and it appears more likely that we will get Dom. So the shortcomings in Perkins' game are used as a tool to ease the pain if he goes elsewhere.

I actually think a lot of it is when people have seen him. William has made it pretty clear that Perkins plays a different game during the summer, but most here saw him play for Regis, not the Miners. I think that different style of play has impacted some perceptions of him. I know it did mine.

I actually think a lot of it is when people have seen him. William has made it pretty clear that Perkins plays a different game during the summer, but most here saw him play for Regis, not the Miners. I think that different style of play has impacted some perceptions of him. I know it did mine.

this seems to be the consensus.

All I keep hearing is how many Head Coaches are watching Perkins. Mark Few, Andy Enfield and Scott Drew. My question, why haven't I heard the name Tad Boyle?

All I keep hearing is how many Head Coaches are watching Perkins. Mark Few, Andy Enfield and Scott Drew. My question, why haven't I heard the name Tad Boyle?

Tad catches a lot of his games and has already scouted Colorado hoops players heavily. He's in KC this weekend and hasn't missed one of Collier's games.

I'm wondering where the talk about nay-sayers is coming from. In Perkins latest interview with Bossi, he talked about the haters back home. Is it the fact that not everyone is willing to concede that he is far better than Collier? Is it the Gatorade POY? I've seen a few people have questions about certain parts of his game, which is true of any kid, but I've never seen anyone say they don't want him or question his upside. I guess people expect him to get the Chauncey Billups treatment due to the star ratings, but it's a little different scenario now, with other quality prospects coming out of the state. Anyway, this isn't a criticism, just an honest question, because I really haven't seen any hate for the kid.
I wasn't referencing any specific post at all, just waiting for the negative ninnies to spout off. Sacky pretty well made my point above; it's like bad mouthing the smart hot chick before her answer because you don't think you have a shot at her. The simple fact that we're seriously in the running for either of them is good, and having a (admittedly slim) chance at both helps make me more of a Buffs hoops fan.

I've been hearing Josh is KU's main PG target. How are you guys feeling about landing him?

Longshot for us. We're thinking that Collier commits to us and that Perkins and him want to go to different places for college. If that dynamic changes and they want to play together, we wouldn't complain.

I've been hearing Josh is KU's main PG target. How are you guys feeling about landing him?

My money is on KU or Gonzaga. I used to think he was a KU lock, but it sounds like Gonzaga has a very legit chance here.

Disappointed to lose out on a top 25 player from our own state, but we really needed to get one of those guys on board, and Dom was far higher on the Buffs than Josh is. Good luck to Josh, but I hope Kansas goes in the tank if he goes there, but he looks really good. That's more my thought all the time on Kansas though.

I'm probably in the minority but would rather see him go to UCLA or New Mexico then KU or Gonzaga.

Even with Dom's commitment (which I am ecstatic about), I'd like to see us still strongly pursue this kid, unless we think it's useless.

Back