What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

Double convinced. Went to Gonzaga on a recruiting visit with my oldest. Went from #1 to bottom of the list. It's not terrible, but it's really isolated. Many hours of nothing from there to anywhere.

Double convinced. Went to Gonzaga on a recruiting visit with my oldest. Went from #1 to bottom of the list. It's not terrible, but it's really isolated. Many hours of nothing from there to anywhere.

I also found the non-university people to be not very welcoming and stand offish.

Good friend from high school went to Gonzaga. They call it Spocompton, and there were major meth busts at neighboring houses of two of the three houses she lived in during her four years at school.

Scored 25 against Boulder in the 2nd round on Saturday. But also had 11 turnovers. Boulder tied the game with just over a minute, Perkins got a 3 point play to take the lead for good. My cousin plays for BHS, they played both East and Regis this year, I need to ask him what his thoughts are with Perkins vis a vis Collier.

Scored 25 against Boulder in the 2nd round on Saturday. But also had 11 turnovers. Boulder tied the game with just over a minute, Perkins got a 3 point play to take the lead for good. My cousin plays for BHS, they played both East and Regis this year, I need to ask him what his thoughts are with Perkins vis a vis Collier.

That would be some seriously interesting intel. How often do you talk to him?

My Gonzaga-grad buddy, who's very tapped into Zag stuff, says Perkins is most likely going to go there. Lotsa talks so far, etc, kinda under the radar.

Until we start to consistently advance in the tourney it is natural for schools like Gonazaga's fans to dismiss us without thinking about it. Kid is still young and figuring out what he wants. I wouldn't worry about what fans of another school are saying right now.

If the kid was saying it the situation may be a little different but even then I wouldn't flip out about it.

Time to step our game up

539646_10200209825661161_264037056_n.jpg

Time to step our game up

539646_10200209825661161_264037056_n.jpg

It didn't hurt that they were chanting his name either.

The only issue with doing this at the Keg is you have to be careful who's there. You don't want to start a “we want Perkins" chant if Dom's sitting next to him at the game, and vice versa.

That's something you can't really plan for unless it's an official visit. Hard to know what local recruits are going to games ahead of time. If he takes an official to CU though, it would be a cool thing for the crowd to do

There is always Coeur d'alene.

E
It didn't hurt that they were chanting his name either.

The only issue with doing this at the Keg is you have to be careful who's there. You don't want to start a “we want Perkins" chant if Dom's sitting next to him at the game, and vice versa.

Could chant for both, or perhaps the C-Unit could have fat-heads of both with something corny like "the next Dynamic Duo".

Boosters are not supposed to help recruit. Be careful.

And treat Perkins and Collier as individuals. We would love to have each come to CU on his own merits. The fact that there is another great guard from in-state in the same recruiting class is irrelevant except for how they would each be utilized (which is the same discussion every other program will have with each of them since every school worthy of their talents has multiple quality guards on their team).

Someone in the CUint must be a marketing major...we can do more to get him inspired than a sheet with ugly spray painted lettering

So I wonder if UCLA makes a play here now

Edit: pimpin aint easy just posted UCLA is in play now

Last edited:
I thought I remembered reading that it was on one of those things Compliance posts in the bathrooms at the Keg during basketball season.
Confirmed during the WBB NCAA sub-regional .... posted on the inside stall doors about prospects may be present at games and that fans should not approach prospects nor should their names be chanted or on signs as that could be an NCAA violation.

Confirmed during the WBB NCAA sub-regional .... posted on the inside stall doors about prospects may be present at games and that fans should not approach prospects nor should their names be chanted or on signs as that could be an NCAA violation.
its not an issue

BeBe's right, if students/alumni chanted for a recruit, the University is supposed to report it to the NCAA.

But this is something that happens with pretty much every high profile program. Have never heard of a program getting sanctions or even a warning over fans chanting. Not that I'd recommend doing it, but I highly doubt New Mexico got in hot water over doing it.

Re: '14 CO PG Josh Perkins

I was at a game and they started chanting "DBT, DBT, DBT..." It was pretty sweet.

I remember that. How did you get on top of the Duane physics tower anyone. Too bad you pussed out and didn't jump even when we got people to chant your name in encouragement.

Back