What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 NH PF Tory Miller (Signed to COLORADO)

Me too. Marquette was having their "Marquette Madness" while he was there.

Marquette went all out, sold out standing room only event. Dunk contest, 3 point contest the whole bit. I would guess that it comes down to CU and Marquette. Iowa got a commit from a 6-8 PF over the weekend, so I'd think that Tory would take that into account when picking schools. As mentioned above Marquette picked up a commit from Ahmed Hill this weekend, they are heralding that is the biggest commit in school history.

Where does this guy rank on your wish list, Goose?

I probably have him over Welsh, but it's more due to the fact that I think he'll be an immediate impact type player, whereas Welsh may take a season or two to fully start hitting his stride. Basically would you rather have the guaranteed double or the potential home run/single (note: not strike out because in no way do I think Welsh will be a bust)?

There's no wrong answer.

On the domino effect, Miller would be good for Dom. But beating UCLA & Cal for Welsh could pay dividends with that monster 2015 western recruiting talent pool.

Nervous about this one.

Unless it's a graduate transfer, I don't think we can go into next year with just 2 bigs, Wesley and Josh. If we strike out on Miller and Welsh, I think CU goes all in with Yante Maten.

Unless it's a graduate transfer, I don't think we can go into next year with just 2 bigs, Wesley and Josh. If we strike out on Miller and Welsh, I think CU goes all in with Yante Maten.
I think we have to bank the scholarship if we don't land Miller or Welsh. Hell, I'm all for banking it even with those two still on the table. '15 could be a huge year for CU recruiting, and as of right now we only have one spot for that class.

Maten may be attainable ... I see on the the rivals site for Utah that they now have three 2014 commits, the most recent a big power forward. Word on another UT site is that they are filled for next year (or maybe one over with these three). So, Maten may be very doable. Saw some videos on him. He reminds me of the Thomas kid that we signed for this year. At a real 6'8" now, he might be 6'10" by the time that he gets here. I like this guy.

247sports's Crystal Ball prediction for Tory Miller is 100% CU now. Corey Evans had predicted Marquette, but changed his pick today.

Re: '14 NH PF Tory Miller

247sports's Crystal Ball prediction for Tory Miller is 100% CU now. Corey Evans had predicted Marquette, but changed his pick today.

I would very happy with this. When is the last time we had a player like him? I think him and Gordon down low would be awesome.

Marquette just lost an athletic big man from a JC who had committed last year and is now leaving the program without playing a game for them. I'm sure Buzz and staff are making a last minute push on Tory with that news becoming public.

Marquette just lost an athletic big man from a JC who had committed last year and is now leaving the program without playing a game for them. I'm sure Buzz and staff are making a last minute push on Tory with that news becoming public.

They're also after C Satchel Pierce. leaning towards Marquette supposedly

Something is going on here, the Marquette faithful on twitter feel like they've lost Tory to Colorado. Also Mark Miller, who seems to be pretty dialed into all things Wisconsin basketball predicted this afternoon in 247's Crystal Ball thing that Tory Miller will pick CU.

This would be a huge commit for us. A talented kid who fills a role that currently we don't have a solution for. This would also mean a lot for other guys on the team. Play him with Scott and teams can no longer use their big guy to push Scott around.

'14 NH PF Tory Miller

This would be a huge commit for us. A talented kid who fills a role that currently we don't have a solution for. This would also mean a lot for other guys on the team. Play him with Scott and teams can no longer use their big guy to push Scott around.

Gordon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is going on here, the Marquette faithful on twitter feel like they've lost Tory to Colorado. Also Mark Miller, who seems to be pretty dialed into all things Wisconsin basketball predicted this afternoon in 247's Crystal Ball thing that Tory Miller will pick CU.

Yeah, seems likely Miller picks CU. But these kind of things can change quickly.

Hopefully teams won't be able to push Scott around with his added weight, anyways. I see Miller as being the first big off the bench, at least as long as Scott and Gordon are here.

Gordon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordon is a big strong guy but not like Miller. I love Gordon as a player and think he is going to be a key guy for us but he doesn't have bulk and power like Miller. Miller is going to be able to push and shove against the 260-270 lb guys we will see from some other schools. Miller is also more developed in his half court offensive game than Gordon making it much harder to cheat his man over to help on other guys like Scott.

This will also mean that Tad can have a solid 3 man rotation of bigs that is going to create some real mismatches against some teams.

They just picked up a wing

[TWEET]391028965986406401[/TWEET]

Shayok is a solid player, good pickup for them. 6'6 wing. He was visiting Marquette when Tory was. Appears Virginia was the finalist, although he had a nice list of solid offers.

Crossing my fingers for Tory!!!

It is just weird to me he hasnt committed yet. Dom goes there, Marquette is full so there must be something going on. If he liked CU that much he would have already chose them. Crossing my fingers though. We badly need a big, muscular post player.

It is just weird to me he hasnt committed yet. Dom goes there, Marquette is full so there must be something going on. If he liked CU that much he would have already chose them. Crossing my fingers though. We badly need a big, muscular post player.

I don't mind him taking his time, as long as he chooses the Buffs in the end!!!

Marquette isn't full and badly needs a post player.

Back