What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR SG Joshua Fortune (Committed to COLORADO)

in case everyone didn't get it: you should be excited. :woot: time!

This is a star-driven, how-many-offers-from-name-programs board!

Fortune's only got three stars and no offers from big time programs---complete failure by this coaching staff!

Sarcasm button: Off

Last edited:

Fortune's only got three stars and no offers from big time programs---complete failure by this coaching staff!

I think you are confusing this with the football recruiting board. In Tad we Trust!

Lots to like about this one. Two years of experience against high-level competition, a year to grow with the team, and his shooting will bring an added dimension. Too bad we have to wait a year.

you are ware he was actually in college last year? Providence is arguably a better program than any highschool program in the country, even teh ones that pay.

Hell yeah! Not only do we get the exact type of player we wanted, but he's going to be around a while. Sounds like a kid with a good background, too. Perfect program player; the type of pickup that has Tad's name written all over it. #IsItNovember2015Yet?

Welcome aboard, Josh!

you are ware he was actually in college last year? Providence is arguably a better program than any highschool program in the country, even teh ones that pay.

Come on abs, you are way better at detecting sarcasm than this.

Here's a question. Are we no longer taking a Harwell or Shamet? Only one scholarship available for '15 now, and I don't see Scott or XJ freeing another up.

Very nice pickup. Should have a good chance to compete for a starting spot a year from now.

Do wonder if CU, with one scholarship remaining, would take a Shamet or Harwell commitment. Or will they wait for Walker to make a decision?
I should have read page 2.

Definitely excited about him individually but confused about the class balance. Hopkins, King, Fletcher could all easily play SG/SF and are in the same class

Unless Scott declares for the draft, someone transfers or we have some other attrition.

We were one under the scholarship limit heading into this year. Fortune fills that, so it now becomes easy math. Ski is our only senior, so we are certain of one scholarship opening for the 2015 class.

Calling my shot: Cameron Walker
Interesting on Walker, but another wing? Got a pretty serious depth issue in the front court and a total logjam at the 2/3 if we end up with Walker. In Tad I trust, but there is going to be a really big class imbalance along with all of them being of the 1/2/3 ilk. Seems like we're gonna need some attrition to fix it.

Definitely excited about him individually but confused about the class balance. Hopkins, King, Fletcher could all easily play SG/SF and are in the same class

True. This was already a concern as King should've been redshirted for class balance. Now, it's even more lopsided, but I like King a lot and he has an edge in athleticism, wing-span, experience within the program, and possibly a more dynamic offensive game than Fortune. As of right now, there's going to be 6 scholarships released in 2017, which is far too many.

Last edited:
True. This was already a concern as King should've been redshirted for class balance. Now, it's even more lopsided, but I like King a lot and he has an edge in athleticism, wing-span, experience within the program, and possibly a more dynamic offensive game than Fortune. As of right now, there's going to be 6 scholarships released in 2017, which is far too many.

Kind of wonder how you think King is more dynamic offensively than Fortune?

In my humble and worthless opinion, King should honestly consider redshirting this year.

In my humble and worthless opinion, King should honestly consider redshirting this year.
He's not gonna redshirt. He's gonna use up another year of eligibility. This is similar to the ben mills scenario until proven otherwise.

Key word is "possibly" as no one here has seen much of either player. But, the first highlight tape on Fortune in this thread, which is also his most recent, is just him catching & shooting. He dribbles the ball maybe twice before a pull up shot. King, in his limited minutes, showed he can take it to the rim with explosion, wasn't afraid to penetrate, or shoot from outside. Did he do any of that stuff well or consistently? No, but Fortune shot 29% from 3 & 33% on 2s in his 1st yr so it wasn't like he was setting nets on fire either.

He's not gonna redshirt. He's gonna use up another year of eligibility. This is similar to the ben mills scenario until proven otherwise.

Sorta. King played 148 minutes last yr and Mills played 235 in his entire 4 yrs. Mills was always square-peg-round-hole. King fits the system and has a much higher ceiling. But, I see your point and I would guess King would transfer before that became fact.

King has a ridiculously high ceiling. Anyone thinking about writing him off at this point is crazy.

The real question is will King, or half the guys in that class, get enough minutes this year to satisfy them and keep them in the program? My best guess is we lose two to transfer after the season due to playing time issues and seeing the writing on the wall for what that means for the following year. Too many good players for too few minutes available.

The real question is will King, or half the guys in that class, get enough minutes this year to satisfy them and keep them in the program? My best guess is we lose two to transfer after the season due to playing time issues and seeing the writing on the wall for what that means for the following year. Too many good players for too few minutes available.

If Hopkins, Fletcher, and Thomas make big improvements, and I think they will, and Collier is as advertised, then XT, King, and Stalzer may never see a meaningful minute. Of course, XT and King may make huge improvements too.

Be very interesting to see how the minutes shake out this season.

If Hopkins, Fletcher, and Thomas make big improvements, and I think they will, and Collier is as advertised, then XT, King, and Stalzer may never see a meaningful minute. Of course, XT and King may make huge improvements too.

Be very interesting to see how the minutes shake out this season.
Why will XT not receive meaningful minutes? He could very well be the starting PG on opening night.

Guys, redshirts in basketball are rare. We need to stop discussing them. The fact that we used two of them two years ago was a RARE situation. Unless a kid is ridiculously young for his class, has serious grade issues or has an injury issue, I wouldn't expect many redshirts heading forward.

There's no doubt that Wes, DT, J-Hop, & Tre will factor heavily into the rotation. King is the only one who could be deemed as a potential transfer. I hope not; this is a beautiful problem to have.

Back