What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR SG Joshua Fortune (Committed to COLORADO)

Guys, redshirts in basketball are rare. We need to stop discussing them. The fact that we used two of them two years ago was a RARE situation. Unless a kid is ridiculously young for his class, has serious grade issues or has an injury issue, I wouldn't expect many redshirts heading forward.

Yep, definitely rare. However, there does seem to have been an uptick in recent years. Teams I follow closely have never done it, and now they've all done it at least once in recent years.

Guys, redshirts in basketball are rare. We need to stop discussing them. The fact that we used two of them two years ago was a RARE situation. Unless a kid is ridiculously young for his class, has serious grade issues or has an injury issue, I wouldn't expect many redshirts heading forward.

They are rare, but so are class sizes of 6 for schools who don't pump out multiple draft picks each yr

Definitely excited about him individually but confused about the class balance. Hopkins, King, Fletcher could all easily play SG/SF and are in the same class

Competition is typically a very good thing. If we have too many good players for the minutes available, then that just means that the players that play less then they want might look to transfer. Going to happen with a Top 25 type of program.

We don't know how Fletcher and Hopkins will develop, so this is a good insurance policy if one of or both players don't develop like Tad expected.

Competition is typically a very good thing. If we have too many good players for the minutes available, then that just means that the players that play less then they want might look to transfer. Going to happen with a Top 25 type of program.

We don't know how Fletcher and Hopkins will develop, so this is a good insurance policy if one of or both players don't develop like Tad expected.

I thought there was a study that proved it was overrated and top flight talent was better than depth. At some point (unless you are Mizzou circa 2010), you shorten your bench and 7 guys the majority of your minutes.

I thought there was a study that proved it was overrated and top flight talent was better than depth. At some point (unless you are Mizzou circa 2010), you shorten your bench and 7 guys the majority of your minutes.

I think everyone would agree that top flight talent is better then depth. You'd rather have one five star recruit, then three 3 star guys. But CU had a scholarship available, and wasn't likely to get a top flight talent using it. I was meaning more the competition in practice over the next year or so. Should bring out the best out of everyone.

I'd have rather added a big, that could have contributed right away, but those type are players are very hard to get

I want to win every year. We can't recruit with Arizona or UCLA. So the path to being right there with them and being better some years is to be the college equivalent to Chauncey's Pistons. Give me 5 good starters along with 5 backups that could be starters on quality D1 teams. If Tad can build that, we'll win about 25 games a year and have some years where one of our starters is a lottery type and we'll have a shot to win it all.

I think everyone would agree that top flight talent is better then depth. You'd rather have one five star recruit, then three 3 star guys. But CU had a scholarship available, and wasn't likely to get a top flight talent using it. I was meaning more the competition in practice over the next year or so. Should bring out the best out of everyone.

I'd have rather added a big, that could have contributed right away, but those type are players are very hard to get

This is a perfect example of people getting way too caught up in stars and offer lists. The buffs are a great shooter away from being nearly unstoppable offensively.... No more double and even triple teams on jelly and hopefully our power forwards can continue to develop to attack the basket with all the attention he gets. I could care less if this kid came off the streets with no offer lists we just desperately needed an outside shooting threat

This is a perfect example of people getting way too caught up in stars and offer lists. The buffs are a great shooter away from being nearly unstoppable offensively.... No more double and even triple teams on jelly and hopefully our power forwards can continue to develop to attack the basket with all the attention he gets. I could care less if this kid came off the streets with no offer lists we just desperately needed an outside shooting threat

I agree. While I'm always about talent, let's also remember that we have a successful system and culture. We don't want to make the mistake that Romar did when he turned over his team to Tony Wroten or that Howland did when he turned over his team to Shabazz Muhammad. I'm all for landing a 5* one-and-done type if he fits the culture and system (Aaron Gordon, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker), but we need to be careful here.

I agree. While I'm always about talent, let's also remember that we have a successful system and culture. We don't want to make the mistake that Romar did when he turned over his team to Tony Wroten or that Howland did when he turned over his team to Shabazz Muhammad. I'm all for landing a 5* one-and-done type if he fits the culture and system (Aaron Gordon, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker), but we need to be careful here.

Yeah personally is think the system is much bigger of a deal. Look at a program like Florida this year. Now obviously their recruiting is good but they don't have many one and dones which is more of the way I like it. Now if you can grab a good one and done every once and a while then great but I could care less if we do or not if we are recruiting good players like we have

Colorado has more issues offensively then just a shooter. PG play, ball movement, and some semblance of an offensive system chief among them. Fortune certainly helps, but the offense needs to change. One great shooter doesn't change what happened against Pittsburgh.

It's a fine line to walk in basketball, no doubt. One talented guy who's a cancer and all can go to ****.

Just listened to Boyle's presser today. He said Josh is going to be a total stud. Said we haven't had anyone who can shoot like him since Levi.

Back