What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 UT DE Sam Bennion (Signed to COLORADO)

Spoke with Sam earlier. He leaves tomorrow morning for training in Mexico City, where he'll also sign his letter-of-intent. After that it's on to Chile where he'll somewhat be off the grid for two years. His plan is to enroll at CU in January of 2016.

http://bit.ly/1mV9nJU

Spoke with Sam earlier. He leaves tomorrow morning for training in Mexico City, where he'll also sign his letter-of-intent. After that it's on to Chile where he'll somewhat be off the grid for two years. His plan is to enroll at CU in January of 2016.

http://bit.ly/1mV9nJU
Cool. As you guys know I live in Chile now. I see that he will be based in Concepcion. I go there once every 2 or 3 months for work. Not sure if it is kosher with the NCAA rules, but I'd be happy to at least give him advice or answer questions about life in Chile, etc. If that is allowed, Kyle, maybe you could connect us?

Cool. As you guys know I live in Chile now. I see that he will be based in Concepcion. I go there once every 2 or 3 months for work. Not sure if it is kosher with the NCAA rules, but I'd be happy to at least give him advice or answer questions about life in Chile, etc. If that is allowed, Kyle, maybe you could connect us?
I think your cool after he signs an LOI as long as you aren't giving him perks. But maybe you could contact CU compliance or something.

The NCAA isn't capable of busting Miami for hookers & blow on a booster's yacht in South Beach. They're not going to **** over CU because you gave the kid a friendly face while he was away from home in South America on a Christian mission.

(Of course, CU does have idots in its AD office that would self-report it.)

The NCAA isn't capable of busting Miami for hookers & blow on a booster's yacht in South Beach. They're not going to **** over CU because you gave the kid a friendly face while he was away from home in South America on a Christian mission.

(Of course, CU does have idots in its AD office that would self-report it.)
This is the school who self reports giving dinner to walk ons you know. We may be ****ed.

Bring him giant bags of Whey Protein so he doesn't lose weight in Chili.

The mission thing is interesting to me. I read an article this summer that said they were going to be dialing the missions back and they were going to focus more on using social media to get their message out. I was a little surprised to hear he was going to go.

Either make sure he pays for it or don't tell Ceal.
Was going to say something similar. THere is no way I would do anything to jeopardize his status with CU and the NCAA, or of course hurt our team. I have now communicated with his father and he was very appreciative of the gesture to offer help with his acculturation etc. His father also said that before they even ask me questions about Chile, food, culture, etc. he is going to clear it with the NCAA to make sure they know what is admissible.

How lame is it that the NCAA would care as Nik said? Hopefully I will be allowed to at least be a remote support system for questions and concerns or things that come up while he lives here. Would love to maybe watch a Buffs game with him and have lunch (OF COURSE HE WOULD PAY FOR HIS OWN LUNCH!!!) but we'll see if the enforcers even allow such a thing.

Was going to say something similar. THere is no way I would do anything to jeopardize his status with CU and the NCAA, or of course hurt our team. I have now communicated with his father and he was very appreciative of the gesture to offer help with his acculturation etc. His father also said that before they even ask me questions about Chile, food, culture, etc. he is going to clear it with the NCAA to make sure they know what is admissible.

How lame is it that the NCAA would care as Nik said? Hopefully I will be allowed to at least be a remote support system for questions and concerns or things that come up while he lives here. Would love to maybe watch a Buffs game with him and have lunch (OF COURSE HE WOULD PAY FOR HIS OWN LUNCH!!!) but we'll see if the enforcers even allow such a thing.

Be careful, the NSA is second only to the NCAA in the ability to surveil its population. There is an NCAA operative in Chile that has waited for years to make a name for himself... finally a buff recruit coming into his web.

As a dad with a kid on the other side of the world, I'm sure his dad really likes the idea of his son having a contact there. It's a bit scary having your kid in a foreign land.

Don't know about the mission dial back thing. SLC airport is full of them coming and going every time I fly in and out.
Frankly, believe every kid should do something like this in a foreign land as an immersion thing. Religious or not.

Boydbuff: Find us a kicker while you are in Chili. Prefer only males.

Don't know about the mission dial back thing. SLC airport is full of them coming and going every time I fly in and out.
Frankly, believe every kid should do something like this in a foreign land as an immersion thing. Religious or not.

Boydbuff: Find us a kicker while you are in Chili. Prefer only males.
Screw that, find some O linemen!

Received an Email a few hrs ago from Sam:

Hello, I have arrived safe in sound at the mexico MTC. It is interesting here but I got to go now. I will email you later

Of all things to be thinking about, in the airport he asked me to send him any good Allbuffs threads. He's gotten a kick out of reading your different threads and posts. Thanks for all the support.

Despite everything coming at Sam so quickly, he put up senior highlights a couple of weeks ago on HUDL. Sorry, I simply don't know how to create a link. Help anyone?

NLI day next week. Looking forward to becoming official Buffs.

Reactions: aik
Received an Email a few hrs ago from Sam:

Hello, I have arrived safe in sound at the mexico MTC. It is interesting here but I got to go now. I will email you later

Of all things to be thinking about, in the airport he asked me to send him any good Allbuffs threads. He's gotten a kick out of reading your different threads and posts. Thanks for all the support.

Despite everything coming at Sam so quickly, he put up senior highlights a couple of weeks ago on HUDL. Sorry, I simply don't know how to create a link. Help anyone?

NLI day next week. Looking forward to becoming official Buffs.

There's a button right above the reply box

I'm impressed with his pass rushing skills. Hopefully he comes in ready to play when he's all done with his mission, he should be a nice addition to the D-line.

We will be waiting on you, things should be pretty well fixed by then ;) Welcome Sam!

So he signed now but then goes on mission for 2 years and doesn't show up to play until 2016. So what class does his scholly count against? He isn't getting any $$ from CU until 2016, right? So he counts as 2016??

Back