What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 AZ WR Justin Jan (Signed to COLORADO)

Allsome way to start Monday morning. Welcome to COLORADO young man, you will be part of something amazing !

He's a bit small at 6'2" to be all that much of a mismatch. Hell, that's shorter than a lot of LB's. Ideally, you DO want a TE there for blocking. A little concerned about whether he really does fit the Gucci role, and also concerned about what this take means about the coaches' thoughts on the catching TE's already on the roster.

Twitter discussion that they will likely use jan at the TE/WR combo position like they did with TMc this year. Really started to work well late in the season. Almost an automatic 1st down catch.

So you basically mean he's going to be a WR?

From a USA Today article (???always the place for hard news- http://usatodayhss.com/2014/chandler-wr-justin-jan-commits-to-colorado)-

"
Coach Shaun Aguano felt Jan was under-recruited mainly because he played under Dionte Sykes last year and didn’t have junior film that college coaches want.

But he established himself as one of the state’s top receivers this season, catching 48 passes for 918 yards and 16 touchdowns for the 13-1 state champion Wolves.

Before the state playoffs began, Aguano emailed that he felt Jan was “the best receiver next to Christian Kirk (of Scottsdale Saguaro).”

“I went on my visit this weekend, and there is not a reason to sit and wait,” Jan said. “The weather was beautiful. The campus is beautiful. They’ve upgraded facilities. I want to be a part of it.

“They’re telling me prepare in the off-season and there is not a reason why I can’t play early. That’s as good as it gets.”
"

A tall WR who's being mentioned in the same breath as a 5 star recruit? Nice. He doesn't have Junior film, so he could be a big find. The scouting agencies don't have a lot on him... but we could have just landed a good one.

A tall WR who's being mentioned in the same breath as a 5 star recruit? Nice. He doesn't have Junior film, so he could be a big find. The scouting agencies don't have a lot on him... but we could have just landed a good one.

Yeah. Maxpreps has his junior stats as 62 yards receiving in 5 games played. There was nothing on him heading into his senior year.

Back