What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA ATH Quinten Pounds (Verbal to Washington)

[tweet]517945078958927872[/tweet]

Anyone see him at the game or hear anything about the visit? I know it's still early and we probably wont hear anything until tomorrow but the suspense is killing me!

Pounds had said in a previous interview that he plans to announce on October 29th.

That doesn't stop me from checking every 5 minutes to see if we got a #CUin15 tweet.

:bowdown:

Would be great to be able to redshirt a recruit of his caliber. Credit to the staff for identifying him early.

Hello neighbors.

I thought I'd swing by and share a few things that might get your hopes up.

1. Boise State has gotten another CB commit since the last time I visited this thread. This is our second of this recruiting year. We have three graduating seniors at corner, so we may be taking one more, but that leads me to my second bit of news...

2. 4* Cornerback prospect and current Washington State commit Austin Joyner will be taking an official visit to Boise State. Our staff was very high on him and made his final two a few months back. Based on that news, and my suspicion that we have only one more CB spot left to fill, there might be a good chance that we've got guys like Pounds and Dwayne Parchment on hold, which would obviously benefit Colorado.

It could be because those two are further down our list and are BSUs backup plans...or it could be that they've told the coaches in private that my school has been eliminated, but either way, right now I'd probably not consider Boise State to be in the lead here just for what it's worth.

Always been a Washington / Colorado race imo. Good luck with Joyner, kid seems confused

From phone

Hello neighbors.

I thought I'd swing by and share a few things that might get your hopes up.

1. Boise State has gotten another CB commit since the last time I visited this thread. This is our second of this recruiting year. We have three graduating seniors at corner, so we may be taking one more, but that leads me to my second bit of news...

2. 4* Cornerback prospect and current Washington State commit Austin Joyner will be taking an official visit to Boise State. Our staff was very high on him and made his final two a few months back. Based on that news, and my suspicion that we have only one more CB spot left to fill, there might be a good chance that we've got guys like Pounds and Dwayne Parchment on hold, which would obviously benefit Colorado.

It could be because those two are further down our list and are BSUs backup plans...or it could be that they've told the coaches in private that my school has been eliminated, but either way, right now I'd probably not consider Boise State to be in the lead here just for what it's worth.

Did any one see this as a subliminal low blow.

Quinten is going to look great in black and gold. He's going to see the field early and often.

Last edited:
Did any one see this as a subliminal low blow.

This was not my intention and I apologize if that's how it came across.

My intent was just to pass along some information (that we've gotten a second CB commit and have an official visit coming from a highly ranked third CB that we were after hard earlier in the year which might mean he's higher on our list) and speculation based on the information (that we might be waiting and seeing what the higher ranked guy we were after earlier in the year that we're trying to flip does given that we have only one spot remaining).

In no way was that intended as any crack of any kind against the Buffs.

This stuff happens in recruiting. Things are always fluid and situations change. I've been open in the past when I felt that we've been beaten out for a recruit (like WR Shay Fields last year that BSU wanted quite badly all the way to signing day and Colorado ended up landing over us) and I've appreciated some of the information that a few of the prominent posters here have shared (like, for example, how Buffnik was open that Malek Harwell was very likely Colorado's backup plan at shooting guard behind Tyler Dorsey earlier this year in basketball).

I view that exchange of information as one of the best parts of being able to post on another fanbase's board.

Jim is good peeps. I wish there were more fans of other teams that could come here and have more sharing of information and thoughtful discussion. I appreciate the good ones we do get.

My intent was just to pass along some information (that we've gotten a second CB commit and have an official visit coming from a highly ranked third CB that we were after hard earlier in the year which might mean he's higher on our list) and speculation based on the information (that we might be waiting and seeing what the higher ranked guy we were after earlier in the year that we're trying to flip does given that we have only one spot remaining).

This stuff happens in recruiting. Things are always fluid and situations change. I've been open in the past when I felt that we've been beaten out for a recruit (like WR Shay Fields last year that BSU wanted quite badly all the way to signing day and Colorado ended up landing over us) and I've appreciated some of the information that a few of the prominent posters here have shared (like, for example, how Buffnik was open that Malek Harwell was very likely Colorado's backup plan at shooting guard behind Tyler Dorsey earlier this year in basketball).

I view that exchange of information as one of the best parts of being able to post on another fanbase's board.

I didn't take it as a low blow, nor was I looking to.

While the fan of any team is going to try to look at his team in the best light and want to believe that his team did the turning down you left open the possibility that Quinten has told your staff that he is no longer interested. Unless he comes out publicly we and you don't know what the dynamic is.

The information you presented is good stuff though, and appreciated.

I think some of us were still pretty pissed off after the game yesterday and interpreted it in the wrong way. The information is well appreciated though!

Thanks guys! Some of the great posters/people here are what keep me wanting to visit from time to time.

And while the poster above me said I did nothing wrong, I will apologize for not being a bit more careful with my wording. Rereading my original post I can see how it might be misinterpreted when you're a fan from another fanbase competing for the same recruit. I'll be a little more cautious of that next time.

[tweet]525502131478872064[/tweet]

Looks like his mom and brother (who went on all his OV's) want him at Washington.

there might be a good chance that we've got guys like Pounds and Dwayne Parchment on hold, which would obviously benefit Colorado.

ncj: I think it's more that you think we somehow benefit from Boise moving on. It's just not a consideration, sorry. We find it irrelevant. If you are moving on from a recruit, it doesn't benefit any team in the PAC12. It has no effect, as Boise State is just a backup plan for all of these kids. Sorry - but it's the way the P5 landscape is now.

Yes we are fishing from the same holes right now to some extent. Frankly, Boise State has killed Colorado in reruiting the last 10 years. Not according to the rankings but according to reality. But still, a kid with a Boise State offer will almost always take the PAC12 offer. It's the way things are.

Last edited:
Back