What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA QB Sheriron Jones (Transferring again?)

Yes, travel may very well play into things, but at this point CU is the only Pac 12 school to have offered all three of the kids a scholarship. That doesn't hurt.

I wonder if it would stunt their growth in the long run though if they were to all go to school together.

Were the other two on the visit recently with Sheriron?

You have to figure that when dealing with a trio of recruits/their families, staying close to home ends up being the most attractive option. After compromises over who may not be able to travel as much financially and how much more often they could come up and root for their kids, along with the fact that one of the three may not have the same level of opportunities will also help.
Why do you have to figure that?

Why do you have to figure that?

Because I'd expect that if just one parent or kid A) feels strongly about staying near home, B) financially would have significant trouble being further away, or C) doesn't qualify for another school means all three will have to compromise. Of course this is only if they really stick together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I'd expect that if just one parent or kid A) feels strongly about staying near home, B) financially would have significant trouble being further away, or C) doesn't qualify for another school means all three will have to compromise. Of course this is only if they really stick together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they all have the PAC 12 network.

It seems really rare that kids from the same High School actually end up going to the same university. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of lip service is paid to it, but follow through is rare.

It seems really rare that kids from the same High School actually end up going to the same university. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of lip service is paid to it, but follow through is rare.

It is rare. It happens. But for reference, a good example of how this normally plays out is what we saw with the Hill brothers last recruiting cycle.

Went back and read his visit update again, have to like where we stand right now. Another couple months before QBs usually start committing. Arizona is going to be tough and if he finds his way out to Lincoln, kNU is going to really pour on their Academic All American's.

Arizona might be our main competition. ASU seems content to go with Lewerke out of AZ

Really like our chances. Think he pulls the trigger earlier than expected.

From his Twitter from last weekend

Attachments

• SJ.jpg
    SJ.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Nice pic! I really really hope we get Jones. I think he could be the start of something special for the Buffs. Sefo is going to take us a long way and Jones, along with of course many other top quality recruits and continued coaching up by our staff will take us even farther.

Jones is a great looking prospect and should be the top priority for the staff. Landing an early commit from a QB of this caliber could really build some early momentum for a very good class.

I wonder if he knows just how special that number he's wearing is, especially on a quarterback. Could he be our next Darian?
I would guess that's why he is wearing it. Good thing to show players, who you want in program, the qb who wore that number and exactly what they did wearing it.

He says that Arizona and Arizona State are his top 2 right now, bu he'll wait until his senior year to make a decision after he gets more offers.

but he'll wait until his senior year to make a decision after he gets more offers.

He keeps saying this and maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I don't recall a high profile QB picking up more offers and/or waiting til his senior season recently. Programs get their QB early and build around. If he doesn't have an offer by July, chances are its not coming.

Which is why I commented the way I did a few days ago in Barzil. Kid needs to get some advice on the process as it pertains to QBs.

I don't know if I read an update or was taking the post from cmgoods, but that interview wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be. Media dude was asking leading questions. The glorified JUCO of the PAC and the *********** might be his top two, but not from that interview.

From phone

Agree SD. Media guy put some words in his mouth and Jones was pushing back most of the time. Kid is pretty well spoken and seems like he's serious about football and has confidence in himself. All good stuff.

One (sunny) way to interpret that interview might be that he likes CU a lot, but wants to wait until a couple games into the season to make sure the team is headed in a good direction. He refused to be cornered by that interviewer.

Back