What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA QB Travis Waller (Verbal to Oregon)

A week or so ago, Waller was still considering making an unofficial trip to Boulder in June.

I don't want to give the wrong idea. Buffs remained a long shot and the odds were against even the trip happening.

But I had a small bit of hope, even so, with the Buffs still in his thoughts and decision-making process.

With the news that he has decided, that hope has died.

So Notre Dame or Oregon?

I'm surprised that Blake Barnett hasn't announced for Oregon. Without that domino falling, the waters are still a bit muddied.

My guess is that something changed:

- Notre Dame offer is new, so that may have decided things
- Maybe USC came through with an offer we don't know about
- Oregon could have told him that he's higher on their board than Barnett, but he'd have to commit this week

Those are my best guesses for what could have triggered the announcement of an announcement.

Sounds like Waller is just announcing his finalists tonight, and will then take some unofficial visits over the next few weeks including one to Alabama. Got this from a 247 Bolt.

Sounds like Waller is just announcing his finalists tonight, and will then take some unofficial visits over the next few weeks including one to Alabama. Got this from a 247 Bolt.

And that bitch named Hope decides to hang around a few more hours. :lol:

Bama makes absolutely no sense to me. And what a kick in the nuts if two if CAs top QBs end up in the freakn SEC. Jones wanting to join a dead coaching staff walking is head scratching enough. Shenanigans?

From phone

An announcement to announce that he'll announce at a later date. This stuff is getting ridiculous. I blame the recruiting media. Also, tOSU made the top 4.

An announcement to announce that he'll announce at a later date. This stuff is getting ridiculous. I blame the recruiting media. Also, tOSU made the top 4.

:lol:

Well played, man.

My guess: Roll Tide

And the Tide opted for Barnett over him.

USC's got Ricky Town, so I don't know if they'll take 2 (or Waller would want to be the 2nd guy).

Oregon seems to have moved in other directions.

Will it be back to Notre Dame? Maybe Northwestern? Maybe opening things completely up again?

This one is interesting. Going into this cycle, I thought he'd be among the first dominoes to fall among the blue chip QBs in the west.

It seems only Alabama of his final 4 may be full. Interesting that a Cali kid's final 4 includes 3 schools from the midwest.

Dangerous player when we face him down the road. He's going to be a bitch to game plan for.

He was not Oregons plan A or B.

So, technically speaking, Montez wasn't our A or B either. I'm sure we would have loved to grab one of the top ranked QB's in the nation... but if the Ducks' fallback option is a 4* QB who appears to be an expert at the read option then... damn.

Back