What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

Nothing earth shattering here, but a few insights

section on CU:

The other September visit for Dorsey was to Boulder to check out Colorado.

"They have a nice little town," said Dorsey. "It surprised me how nice it was there.

"I enjoyed myself with (Head) Coach (Tad) Boyle and liked the atmosphere there."

After trimming his list to five, Dorsey is aiming to continue to narrow his focus in the coming weeks.

"I'm going to sit down with my family and try to cut my list to maybe two schools or three," said Dorsey. "It should be interesting but hopefully I'll know by next week or in a couple weeks."

If things become clear, could Dorsey be an early signee in November?

"I'm really not sure yet," said Dorsey. "I'll talk with my parents about it.

"What it's really coming down to for me is the coach and his staff, my future teammates and the chemistry there. Those are the main things I'm looking for -the connection with both the coaches and the players."

Has done interviews with every school but Colorado. Dont know if that means anything, but don't like it.

From phone

I like to think we have a chance at landing Dorsey, but with the way this all sounds our chances are very slim.

"Nice little town?" I thought Boulder was the Number One ranked college town in America! Nice little town indeed.

Last edited:
Nothing earth shattering here, but a few insights

section on CU:

Probably a long shot, but there may be some potential insights in this article. It clearly has a Cal bent, and the writer obviously addressed most of the questions around their program, so no use harping over the inevitables. But when asked about his other visits, Dorsey gives a quick synopsis of what he digs most about each school, which basically goes like this:

Arizona State: Campus, Quality of life
Kansas: Program, Tradition
Oregon: Facilities
Colorado: Coach Boyle, Atmosphere

The final paragraph of the article sums up the core of what he's looking for in a school. "What it's really coming down to for me is the coach and his staff, my future teammates and the chemistry there. Those are the main things I'm looking for - the connection with both the coaches and the players." No mention about facilities, tradition, campus life - which, I'm sure in some way, will all factor in the decision.

But who knows. In that little write up, besides Cal, CU got the only coaching nod.

Dorsey is going to make his choice in April.

CU can show a lot between now and then.

Probably a long shot, but there may be some potential insights in this article. It clearly has a Cal bent, and the writer obviously addressed most of the questions around their program, so no use harping over the inevitables. But when asked about his other visits, Dorsey gives a quick synopsis of what he digs most about each school, which basically goes like this:

The final paragraph of the article sums up the core of what he's looking for in a school. "What it's really coming down to for me is the coach and his staff, my future teammates and the chemistry there. Those are the main things I'm looking for - the connection with both the coaches and the players." No mention about facilities, tradition, campus life - which, I'm sure in some way, will all factor in the decision.

But who knows. In that little write up, besides Cal, CU got the only coaching nod.

How do you not have coach listed for Kansas. Self is a great coach.

i thought the whole point if that article was that he wasn't sold on the new cal coach because he hasn't been there long and he wasn't a west coast guy so he doesn't really know what to expect.

One of the good things to hear was how Tyler is more of a quiet type of guy which I thought made his comments about the colorado players stick out. Probably looking too far into it though.

Normally, I pull for the other Pac-12 teams in OOC play, and honestly it's not personal as I probably like Cal the most of the California schools... but the Buffs need Cal to suck balls this year.

Only thing to gain from that article is that he'll cut his list down to 2 or 3 soon. Then, we'll know if it's worth wasting time reading between the lines of a teenager's words.

Normally, I pull for the other Pac-12 teams in OOC play, and honestly it's not personal as I probably like Cal the most of the California schools... but the Buffs need Cal to suck balls this year.

Doubt they'll suck, but I'll be shocked if they Dance. Cal is a textbook NIT squad this year.

How do you not have coach listed for Kansas. Self is a great coach.

Didn't list Self simply because the article didn't list him.

One of the good things to hear was how Tyler is more of a quiet type of guy which I thought made his comments about the colorado players stick out. Probably looking too far into it though.

Don't recall the Colorado players being mentioned.

Only thing to gain from that article is that he'll cut his list down to 2 or 3 soon. Then, we'll know if it's worth wasting time reading between the lines of a teenager's words.

I tried not to read between the lines of the article, which is why I didn't list Bill Self under the Kansas section. But I get what you're saying. Statistics and fact checking is the name of the game.

Can't we allow a dramatic Nijinski grand jeté every so often?

Last edited:
Birch,
You were as thorough as could be there. I like our odds of being in his top 3 but truth is where he goes mostly hinges on how KU's backcourt looks in games & who else commits there. Cal is probably a top 3 but, this is fairly binary: either he likes his fit at KU or we have a legit shot.

Yes? You have a point?

Please change your avatar btw. You can find better...

Hear your NIT hopes are crucial for this decision. Best of luck in reaching the magic number of 18 wins to ensure a top 4 seed. NIT in front of 2.5k in Berkeley has a huge effect on recruits, I'm sure.

Bump just to freak out as many people as possible on a slow day.

popeye-baby-why-i-oughta.jpg

Back