What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

Those who are able to may not want to.... Its glowing

Key word being Jayhawk Slant. Every Rivals site gears the interviews towards their subscribers. It's common sense. Now, that said,....

[tweet]522107948953112577[/tweet]

KU has that **** down to a science.

Those who are able to may not want to.... Its glowing

Meh, he wasn't going to say it sucked and was boring. Him waiting it out until the end is good news, obviously. I still think it has as much to do with how badly KU wants him, as it does if Dorsey wants to go there.

FWIW, I've been to the Phog, if only to watch us get stomped. The Phog is awesome. If he wasn't impressed by that, he may not have a pulse. But I don't think the coolness factor of the phog is going to be making the key component of the decision. If it was, he would already have committed.

Just a word of caution, folks. Dorsey has said that me might not even commit during the early signing period. There's a good chance he'll wait to see what's available to him in April. So you may not want to ride the Dorsey recruiting rollercoaster on a daily basis.

Just a word of caution, folks. Dorsey has said that me might not even commit during the early signing period. There's a good chance he'll wait to see what's available to him in April. So you may not want to ride the Dorsey recruiting rollercoaster on a daily basis.

Dammit! I awready got my ticket. :bang:

Some unfortunate news from the KU Camp:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/oct/14/elite-guard-decide-early/?mens_basketball

One of the five senior blue-chip high school basketball players who attended last Friday’s Late Night in the Phog definitely will be signing with a school in November..
Tyler Dorsey, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Maranatha High in Pasadena, California, who is ranked No. 19 in the Class of 2015 by Rivals.com, said he’d like to make his final decision after visiting Arizona State (this weekend) and California (Oct. 24). He’s already visited Kansas University, Colorado and Oregon.
“Coach (Bill) Self shot it straight to me. We talked about how he sees me if I decided to go to Kansas and just how everything works at Kansas,” Dorsey told Jayhawkslant.com. “I really like the atmosphere at Kansas and I like what coach Self had to say to me during our visit. The campus life is great and Kansas is obviously a great basketball program. I’ve never seen anything like Allen Fieldhouse before. It was pretty wild and crazy,” Dorsey added

I maintain that we have advantages over all the other schools he's looking at. It will come down to whether he values the advantages we have. If he really wants to play for a blue-blood program, we're out of luck. If he wants to stay in California, we're out of luck. If he really wants a warm weather location, we're out of luck. BUT, if he wants to play for a consistent NCAA tournament team, get solid minutes from day one, play in a great atmosphere and have access to some of the best basketball facilities West of the Mississippi while playing for a coach who has a proven track record of putting guards into the NBA, then CU will be hard to reject.

here's hoping for a positive result. Im with sack - I think he'll value tourney chances & PT above most other things, and that's something that CU can offer him.

Just to be clear - I don't know what he values. He's been pretty quiet about what kinds of things are important to him. I hope he places a high value on the things CU provides.

Watch, we freak about KU for two months, only to see him sign with ASU or Cal

The thing is that each of the schools he's looking at offers something that the others don't. Each has it's unique advantages. His initial commitment to UA could indicate several things, none of which disqualify any of the teams remaining.

I maintain that we have advantages over all the other schools he's looking at. It will come down to whether he values the advantages we have. If he really wants to play for a blue-blood program, we're out of luck. If he wants to stay in California, we're out of luck. If he really wants a warm weather location, we're out of luck. BUT, if he wants to play for a consistent NCAA tournament team , get solid minutes from day one, play in a great atmosphere and have access to some of the best basketball facilities West of the Mississippi while playing for a coach who has a proven track record of putting guards into the NBA , then CU will be hard to reject.

Bolded are guarantees Kansas can provide. The only one not bolded (playing time) is purely dependent on Dorsey's performance himself and applies no matter where he goes. You listed nothing unique to CU.

Bolded are guarantees Kansas can provide. The only one not bolded (playing time) is purely dependent on Dorsey's performance himself and applies no matter where he goes. You listed nothing unique to CU.

Mountains, weed, and Tad ****ing Boyle.

Exactly. If he's good enough to be one-and-done, he's good enough to get PT at any program in the country.

The other things we share with KU, but with them having more prestige & certainty given their track record.

What CU brings to the party:

1) Pac-12 conference so that family/friends can see more of his games

2) Coaches who have gotten a string of less heralded guards than Dorsey to the Association. Guard development track record is why Josh Fortune transferred here and one of the reasons Tad has the trust of Dorsey's AAU coach.

3) Opportunity to be a point guard. (May also be true of KU, wasn't of UA.)

4) Other stuff that is more personal to him and could break either way such as how well he got along with our coaches & players while here, whether the family atmosphere around the program resonated with him, whether he prefers Boulder as a college town, etc.

Exactly. If he's good enough to be one-and-done, he's good enough to get PT at any program in the country.

The other things we share with KU, but with them having more prestige & certainty given their track record.

2) Coaches who have gotten a string of less heralded guards than Dorsey to the Association. Guard development track record is why Josh Fortune transferred here and one of the reasons Tad has the trust of Dorsey's AAU coach.

4) Other stuff that is more personal to him and could break either way such as how well he got along with our coaches & players while here, whether the family atmosphere around the program resonated with him, whether he prefers Boulder as a college town, etc.

One thing for sure, he couldn't have visited on a better weekend. It was Boulder at its finest.

These are the differences Dorsey needs to value if we want his commitment.

I hope we get him, but I'm not holding my breath. We are there and have a chance, which is great, but regardless of his decision we will move on and continue to succeed. I do hope he wants to join us.

These are the differences Dorsey needs to value if we want his commitment.

I hope we get him, but I'm not holding my breath. We are there and have a chance, which is great, but regardless of his decision we will move on and continue to succeed. I do hope he wants to join us.

We never would have even been a discussion like this for a guy of his caliber 4 years ago. We've come a long way.

We never would have even been a discussion like this for a guy of his caliber 4 years ago. We've come a long way.

It's been an awesome journey I don't think is anywhere close to ending. We have a lot to look forward to.

Is it possible he stays home and signs with UCLA? Wouldn't have to waste an official visit, so it wouldn't be on his visit list.

Back