What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO CB Eric Lee (Verbal to Nebraska)

Sounds like Lee and Avery Anderson are a package deal. Also SIAP but he's an early enrollee

Sounds like Lee and Avery Anderson are a package deal. Also SIAP but he's an early enrollee

Hopefully HCMM has room under his Christmas tree for this package. Unlikely it will happen, but not impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends how long their coaching search lasts since he is an EE. Would be tough to enroll not knowing who your coach is. Also, remember their search when they landed on Callahan? That was a train wreck. Nebraska isn't the top job it once was and they'll be contending with at least two more desirable openings in Michigan and Florida.
Did not know he was an early enrollee. Timing may get sticky.

Did not know he was an early enrollee. Timing may get sticky.

Thought the same thing. May work in CUs favor though too. These guys are making 4-5 year commitments to a big unknown. They don't have the luxury of waiting six weeks to let things pan out.

Not sure why they'd want to play for Nebraska anyway - helping resurrect the CU program is a much more admirable endeavor!

After Spring practices, plug him into Henderson's spot and we have one CB spot taken care of for the next 4 years.
Wishful thinking; but, he would be a huge pick up for this class.

I'd like to think that Ahkello Witherspoon is ready to take that spot. But there is playing time to be had at a minimum and certainly a chance to make up ground and compete for that spot right away.

HCMM is telling CB recruits there is a chance to play right away as the CB depth isn't there.

With Eric being an early enrollee you would think a final decision would be made within the next couple weeks.

HCMM doesn't promise playing time. He promises an equal opprotunity.

50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg

Lee and his family have developed a very close relationship with defensive backs coach Charlton Warren over the course of the last year and are still eagerly waiting to see if Riley will retain him or not. Although Riley did not disclose any particulars on Warren's status, he did say that he has been impressed with his dealings with Warren thus far.

"He didn't say anything about the defensive backs coach situation," Lee said. "The only thing that he said to me was that he'll bring in somebody that supports his values that he's trying to envision for the young men he has in the program and whoever that man is will be a good a good asset to the program.

"When I talked to him he said that he was thoroughly impressed with Coach Warren and that he likes what he has brought to the table in the last couple of days, but he never gave me a clear sign of which way he was leaning to."

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1713532

In-home with Riley tonight and Lee is still wanting to visit some other places.

No talk about Rod Perry the OSU db coach following Riley to Nebraska; but it would not be surprising. They first coached together in 1999-2001 with the Chargers and then we're reunited at OSU in 2012. It certainly would help our cause if Warren was replaced. I wouldn't mind Warren joining the CU staff either by the way.

No talk about Rod Perry the OSU db coach following Riley to Nebraska; but it would not be surprising. They first coached together in 1999-2001 with the Chargers and then we're reunited at OSU in 2012. It certainly would help our cause if Warren was replaced. I wouldn't mind Warren joining the CU staff either by the way.
ironically, Rod Perry played at CU under Bill Mallory before playing for the LA Rams. It would be funny if him going to coach at Nebraska threw a 4* our way.

Looking chummy. Hope the door hasn't closed all the way, but it is looking unlikely. C'mon MM, make it happen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418170970.966504.jpg

We have about as good of a shot as Shaq making a clutch free throw

Can't fault them for keeping their word. What slim hope we had is most likely gone. See both Avery and Eric in 2018.

Good luck to him. Wish him well as a CO kid.

His team on the other hand....... :angry2:

Back