What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO DT Frank Umu (Signed to COLORADO)

According to goat nation, Umu was never "officially" offered.

They're so cute.

My retort would be that even if that were true, wouldn't they be pissed about it since Umu is a cut above anyone they have committed?

Only thing with this is that it was looking like a flip before McElwain to UF even heated up. I think that he was coming to Boulder even if Sparkles had stayed.

Yeah, that tweet definitely had the timing off... I might have missed it, but was there an official #CUin15 tweet for this one?

McElwain leaving CSU is really going to help CU with the "on the fence" in-state recruits. Now, they need to turn their focus to Eric Lee from Valor. With Pelini out at Nebraska, they need to capitalize and get him to stay home. Also, start combing through Oregon State's recruits.

Even with McElwain there how many kids went to CSU that CU really wanted. I've been around a lot longer than I want to admit and the list over that time is a very, very short one.

There have been a few kids that CU wanted that went to CSU because they were legacy kids, also a few who CU offered late in the process as plan B kids who stuck with CSU commitments.

Overall though I can't remember many who ended up at CSU when given a choice beforehand to go to Boulder.

Guys, I highly recommend watching Umu's senior highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1564130/highlights/164733376

When I watched his junior film, I thought he was a space eater who didn't impress me all that much. Just seemed like a big, strong kid who was naturally a bit too much for most Colorado prep o-linemen at his level.

But the senior film?

Low pad level. Multiple moves. High motor pursuing sideline to sideline while not giving up on plays. Explodes into hits. Highly disruptive to everything the offense is trying to do.

It's seriously like watching a different guy. I'm totally sold now. Major props to him for the work he put in and kudos to Matt McChesney for giving this talented kid what he needed through Six-Zero.

Guys, I highly recommend watching Umu's senior highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1564130/highlights/164733376

When I watched his junior film, I thought he was a space eater who didn't impress me all that much. Just seemed like a big, strong kid who was naturally a bit too much for most Colorado prep o-linemen at his level.

But the senior film?

Low pad level. Multiple moves. High motor pursuing sideline to sideline while not giving up on plays. Explodes into hits. Highly disruptive to everything the offense is trying to do.

It's seriously like watching a different guy. I'm totally sold now. Major props to him for the work he put in and kudos to Matt McChesney for giving this talented kid what he needed through Six-Zero.

Great film, really encouraging. Love that play at 3:35, relentless effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt is going to be vital in our return to dominance.

Can't imagine Matt wasn't in his ear about CU.
On that point. Wouldn't that, technically, be a violation unless the kid sought advice on his own. I would think Matt is very careful not to be a shill for CU.

Last edited:
On that point. Wouldn't that, technically, be a violation unless the kid sought advice on his own. I would think Matt is very careful not to be a shill for CU.

Matt's role is to develop relationships and opportunities with all programs that recruit the state. Within that, CU is going to be the big dog if our coaches are doing their job.

Matt's role is to develop relationships and opportunities with all programs that recruit the state. Within that, CU is going to be the big dog if our coaches are doing their job.
Yep. His first priority are the kids. If I were Mac, I'd encourage my recruits to hook up with a program like Six Zero though, within the legal limitations of the NCAA.

Yeah, he has to run a business, first and foremost. If parents thought he was taking their money just to get their kid going to his alma mater, I don't think he'd be nearly as successful. If we build a program worth coming to, we don't need that kind of help from him.

Yeah, he has to run a business, first and foremost. If parents thought he was taking their money just to get their kid going to his alma mater, I don't think he'd be nearly as successful. If we build a program worth coming to, we don't need that kind of help from him.
Although, if he had a little Buff memorabilia, I'd be good with that. :thumbsup:

We hear about the kids who go or are of interest to CU because CU is the flagship in state and it is our focus personally.

Matt doesn't just have the kids we worry about for CU. He has a number of kids of all levels. He has kids like our two in state OL commits who were going to be top level but wanted to get better, he has kids like Emu who came in as a low D1 and with the right training is now at CU.

He also has kids who will never get a sniff from CU or CSU but are doing the work to get school paid for at UNC or CSU Pueblo or Adams State.

I love the idea that all of these kids can get a taste of the kind of work and dedication it takes to be successful at higher levels.

My impression is that he gives every one of these kids his full effort. He is also the kind of guy who can be brutally honest with a kid and his dad and tell them that the kid isn't going to play in the PAC12. He can tell them that their best bet is D2 or FCS or etc.

When things were falling apart under Embee he was telling kids the truth about what was going on up there. I think he does give kids a positive impression of CU under M2 but it is because he believes it, not because he's blowing smoke.

"Coach MacIntyre was honest about it, he said he wanted to wait and watch me, watch a couple of games and see how I moved on the field." -- Umu on CU offer/commitment

http://rvls.co/1svRQRJ

I wonder if one or both of the DL de-commits were because they we're Baer's guys...MM wants to go in a different direction so he let them go. Maybe the philosophy change is why Baer left or was asked to go.

I wonder if one or both of the DL de-commits were because they we're Baer's guys...MM wants to go in a different direction so he let them go. Maybe the philosophy change is why Baer left or was asked to go.

The remaining DL commits are much more similar in body type. Could be.

Right On ! We needed a stud local DL... Welcome Young Buff and Thank You. You will do great things here.

Nothing like being a man upon arrival. Predict Frank sees the field next year. Welcome Mr. Umu!

Old-Boulder-Welcome-Sign-604x270.jpg

Back