What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO PG Austin Conway (Verbal to Wyoming)

Would love to have this kid in the fold for both football and basketball. It's starting to look like he won't be much more than a solid bench guy in the P12 in basketball at best, but with his speed, that's a valuable asset to have. Would love to have him locked up.

Agreed, on multiple fronts. Besides the obvious benefit of adding another ballhandler with elite speed to push the pace during the conference slate, I'll take any edge in landing Davis we can get.

Sounds like if he could commit today, he would. Maybe I'm reading too much into his tweets.

On the twittersphere looks like he made a decision to play basketball in college. This was his mixtape just released this week
[video=youtube;zHJSHX7hMYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJSHX7hMYQ[/video]

Maybe it's just be and I love comparing current high school players to current college players but he has a lot of Ski in him.

On the twittersphere looks like he made a decision to play basketball in college. This was his mixtape just released this week
[video=youtube;zHJSHX7hMYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJSHX7hMYQ[/video]

Maybe it's just be and I love comparing current high school players to current college players but he has a lot of Ski in him.

Ski was probably the better scorer at that age, but Conway's athleticism is superior. Would love to see Conway matched up against Parker Jackson Cartwright down the line.

Seen a lot of discrepancy between reports of Conway's height. Everything from 5'8-5'11. Ran into him 2 months ago and he was 5'9 tops.

Seen a lot of discrepancy between reports of Conway's height. Everything from 5'8-5'11. Ran into him 2 months ago and he was 5'9 tops.

And that's what's going to put him at a mid-major or Ivy.

It's discouraging but his athleticism makes up for a lot. Hopefully he's got another growth spurt left. Could be a fine back up to Collier

I would love to see him here as a 10 minute per game, high-energy, speed guy to change the tempo and create mismatches. Think he'd have to be here on a football scholarship though.

That offer was a few years ago. I'm not 100% certain it's a committable offer right now.

Good point but they are after Davis so maybe.....

Also I don't subscribe to any service and only have ESPN and they have him as the 15th best PG in this class....ahead of some guys that went to UCLA and UCONN. Obviously you cannot just go by some ESPN rankings but it looks as though he is well thought of as a prospect.

If Collier is 6'3 or 6'4 it would be easier to take him than if Collier is only 6'1. Don't think Tad is too big on having a lot of smaller guards

well he looked really fast in that video. I don't know about the competition he faced there.

I would love to see him here as a 10 minute per game, high-energy, speed guy to change the tempo and create mismatches. Think he'd have to be here on a football scholarship though.

Watched the Colorado All-Star game and I have to agree. A lot would need to improve with his game and/or size soon to get a high-major bball schollie. Still hoping for him to come on football's dime.

Saw a news story on him last night. He's not pursuing playing football in college. He's all in for hoops. I don't know what,if anything, that means for him and CU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a news story on him last night. He's not pursuing playing football in college. He's all in for hoops. I don't know what,if anything, that means for him and CU.

The staff will be monitoring him this year.

According to the Twitter world he has been visited recently by coaches from Colorado, Arizona, and Arkansas.

All three schools are also recruiting Davis so......

Jerry Meyer of 247sports, predicted Conway to Colorado about a week ago. He's been the most accurate predictor on 247sports in the 2015 class

Jerry Meyer of 247sports, predicted Conway to Colorado about a week ago. He's been the most accurate predictor on 247sports in the 2015 class

If CU offers, it says a lot about where they stand with the higher 15 prospects they've got on their board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent choice. We all love football, but the sport of basketball requires the whole package of strength, athleticism, and skill. Couple that with each player ability to influence any one game (whereas FB only the QB can really change the game), and basketball is the perfect sport for a man of Conway's size.

If CU offers, it says a lot about where they stand with the higher 15 prospects they've got on their board.

The higher 15 are not always truly higher. Conway has a pretty good upside here and he could end up higher than a lot of those kids. Or not. Plus, wouldn't hurt us for his buddy one class below.

Seconded.

Conway's my #1 "realistic" target right now for 2015. It'd be even better if he committed here for football, so we could double up on the scholarship, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Honestly, from numerous people I've heard that you will not find a faster kid with the basketball in the country. That with Tad's pace would be deadly. The kid has some holes in his game, but everyone outside of the top 20 usually does.
Interesting how things change over almost a year. Why is everyone so hesitant on him right now?

Interesting how things change over almost a year. Why is everyone so hesitant on him right now?

His stocked dropped a lot during summer league last year, iirc.

Also, the caliber of player that goose would call a "realistic" target changed.

Back