What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 MO SG Landry Shamet (Verbal to Wichita State)

Pretty great final four to be a part of. Each has its own appeal, but we are clearly the best choice...

Shamet is the target. We are still in it. Going by position, looks like we are #2. That's a wild guess/mild joke.

He's gonna visit Boulder in the fall compared to Kansas ST and Illinois. Tad is a great closer with guys who visit. Solid chance here.

FIFY

https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1672169&PT=4&PR=2

hamet will make his way to Boulder to visit with Tad Boyle and the Buffaloes on the weekend of September 12th.

"It's the people there, I've been fortunate to create a great relationship with them and the coaching staff," said Shamet. "Playing with the guys and talking to them on my unofficial visit they seemed cool. Basketball there is on the rise and the thing about me is I've been kind of under recruited and under the radar. I like to play with a chip on my shoulder and they are kind of like that too."

Visits Wichita, then, us, then KSU, then Illinois in early october.

Some correctly pointed out that it's mostly what the school can do for one's NBA prospects but, also concluded that CU has little to offer there.

Meanwhile, Meyers Leonard is the only IIlini to be drafted since 2007.

Lol some guy said the picture of boulder was photoshopped lol sounds a little jealous.

The funnier one is the poster saying, "yeah but what does it look like in January?". January? Really? Somebody from the middle of Illinois wants to compare weather and views in the middle of January???

To be fair, others posted and essentially made that point.

Some correctly pointed out that it's mostly what the school can do for one's NBA prospects but, also concluded that CU has little to offer there.

Meanwhile, Meyers Leonard is the only IIlini to be drafted since 2007.

And, unfortunately for a Blazer fan, he still looks lost.

The funnier one is the poster saying, "yeah but what does it look like in January?". January? Really? Somebody from the middle of Illinois wants to compare weather and views in the middle of January???

Did they also point out that Colorado is pretty much the winter sports center of the US (X Games, et al) and we get over 300 days of sunshine a year? The feeling of a winter is a lot different when the sun is shining and snowstorms make the people around you happy. I've lived in Illinois, Kansas, NJ and PA -- winter is a completely different and better animal in CO.

Did they also point out that Colorado is pretty much the winter sports center of the US (X Games, et al) and we get over 300 days of sunshine a year? The feeling of a winter is a lot different when the sun is shining and snowstorms make the people around you happy. I've lived in Illinois, Kansas, NJ and PA -- winter is a completely different and better animal in CO.

Some people pointed that out but others countered with the fact that a college hoops player isn't going to be hitting the slopes on the weekend. Overall, it's a pretty low key thread with a good discussion.

Some people pointed that out but others countered with the fact that a college hoops player isn't going to be hitting the slopes on the weekend. Overall, it's a pretty low key thread with a good discussion.

That's true, for sure. This is why I put it like I did. Folks in Colorado are happy in the winter. Didn't Colorado and Boulder recently get ranked as happiest state and city in the country? (It's hard to keep up with all the "best of" lists that our community tops.)

When I was looking at colleges, I considered the University of Illinois. Then I visited the University of Illinois. After that, I no longer considered the University of Illinois.

There's a reason that so many of us came to CU from Illinois and never left.

When I was looking at colleges, I considered the University of Illinois. Then I visited the University of Illinois. After that, I no longer considered the University of Illinois.

Yep. Same for me. All my friends talk about how beautiful the quad is there. Yes, it is, but that's the ONLY part of campus that's not ugly, plus Champaign-Urbana is a hole.

Yep. Same for me. All my friends talk about how beautiful the quad is there. Yes, it is, but that's the ONLY part of campus that's not ugly, plus Champaign-Urbana is a hole.

That campus is flat, boring, and drab. It's like if Thornton was a college

I live in Champaign and can tell you that the winters are 3000x better in Boulder than here in Illinois.

Yeah apparently no one was paying attention to last years afc championship game when it was almost 70 degrees at the end of JanuaryJanuary

Holy crap. Way to go Landry!! The light just switched on for me (as a guy that has no business judging players based on film...)

h2D8AF66D

Back