What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 MO SG Landry Shamet (Verbal to Wichita State)

Folks afraid he's a Shabazz when they hear that. Plenty of guys who played a big role as freshmen and fit in, though.

Anyway, I'm good with either Shamet or Dorsey.
I understand it to an extent. To be honest, the more I heard about Perkins last year, the less I wanted him, for that very reason. I haven't heard the same things with Dorsey, though, outside of wanting to play PG. I'm just surprised how many don't even seem interested in him.

Plus, we were really planning on a Sweet 16 run last year to fully place us into a "name" destination. With the "one game & out", we're basically BYU right now - only without as much history.

No one, aside from blue bloods, plan on Sweet 16 runs. Too many variables.

Stop making excuses for Boyle. Fire him and get someone in here who is a top gun recruiter!! A-1 Top gun! This staff is incompetent!! Turning in my tickets and burning my degree along with my CU apparel in the front yard tonight. ahhhhh!

:rofl: Excellent imitation of Slider (except for the lack of an fugly icon and some tears) and a a half dozen others here!

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article1417886.html

Living here and having a graduate degree from WSU, when he decided being a Buff wasn't for him, I am glad he chose to be a Shocker over the other options. The Shox seem to be picking up in recruiting after the last couple years of success.

Definitely picking things up, but just to point out that in Marshall's first recruiting class, he signed a future NBA player in Toure Murry. The number of very successful international professional players that WSU have produced has increased as well. We have guys all over the globe from Spain to Turkey, Japan, Australia, Israel & South America.

Not to mention Cleanthony this last year going to the Knicks. Look for our backcourt to produce some more NBA talent either next draft or in 2 or 3.

Something interesting to point out is WSU's increased recruiting of solid players inside Kansas and in the KC metro area. It started with Garret Stutz, then Ron Baker out of western KS, now Landry Shamet and Tyrone Taylor out of KC metro. I'm sure the Beakers would say "we don't recruit at that level" and KState would just stay silent on it all, but 10 years ago if someone told me we'd be recruiting these Kansas/KCMO kids over KSU and KU I wouldn't believe you. Now if we can just lock up our own city, having Perry Ellis and Frankamp go to KU was lame, and also a kid out of Wichita named Gavin Thurman went to MSU over WSU, but from my understanding we offered and he liked the idea of WSU but didn't make grades and we had other options so we parted ways.

Sorry for the ramblings.

Definitely picking things up, but just to point out that in Marshall's first recruiting class, he signed a future NBA player in Toure Murry. The number of very successful international professional players that WSU have produced has increased as well. We have guys all over the globe from Spain to Turkey, Japan, Australia, Israel & South America.

Not to mention Cleanthony this last year going to the Knicks. Look for our backcourt to produce some more NBA talent either next draft or in 2 or 3.

Something interesting to point out is WSU's increased recruiting of solid players inside Kansas and in the KC metro area. It started with Garret Stutz, then Ron Baker out of western KS, now Landry Shamet and Tyrone Taylor out of KC metro. I'm sure the Beakers would say "we don't recruit at that level" and KState would just stay silent on it all, but 10 years ago if someone told me we'd be recruiting these Kansas/KCMO kids over KSU and KU I wouldn't believe you. Now if we can just lock up our own city, having Perry Ellis and Frankamp go to KU was lame, and also a kid out of Wichita named Gavin Thurman went to MSU over WSU, but from my understanding we offered and he liked the idea of WSU but didn't make grades and we had other options so we parted ways.

Sorry for the ramblings.

You guys were REALLY close on Perry Ellis too. I think going head to head with one of the top 5 programs in the nation is pretty impressive for where you were at the time.

Of course, you guys have a Final Four more recently than the Beakers, so I expect you to stop losing battles to them now. :lol:

Back