What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TNFR Conner Frankamp (Verbal to Wichita State)

So if we land him does that mean we are out of the dorsey sweepstakes?

No. We will have attrition after this season. The bigger question is whether we have a way of putting Frankamp on scholarship in January while he redshirts for his year on campus. Then, Frankamp wouldn't be eligible until Pac-12 play in the 2015-16 season.

No. We will have attrition after this season. The bigger question is whether we have a way of putting Frankamp on scholarship in January while he redshirts for his year on campus. Then, Frankamp wouldn't be eligible until Pac-12 play in the 2015-16 season.

This is a lesson in not offering some low hanging fruit scholarships. Never know when a gem could fall your way. Hope Tad pulls it off.

[video=youtube;VR7hxqIVQXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR7hxqIVQXI[/video]

Better than good odds we lose josh scott to the draft this year. Hope we land this kid, honestly

This is a lesson in not offering some low hanging fruit scholarships. Never know when a gem could fall your way. Hope Tad pulls it off.

I have heard Bill Self is a jerk but I can't believe he would call this kid low hanging fruit. We would love to have him in boulder.

Last edited:
I have heard Bill Self is a jerk but I can't believe he would call this kid low hanging fruit. We would love to have him in boulder.

I think G meant that it's better to hold out when there's a scholarship opening at CU. You might find a Dre or have an opening for a transfer who falls into your lap if you're patient.

Frankamp gives me hope for Dustin Thomas. Frankamp shot 31.3% from beyond the arc last season (27.7% in the out of conference portion) but it is obvious that he is a great shooter. I think we just need to remember that very often shooters have a big adjustment period during their freshman year.

Frankamp gives me hope for Dustin Thomas. Frankamp shot 31.3% from beyond the arc last season (27.7% in the out of conference portion) but it is obvious that he is a great shooter. I think we just need to remember that very often shooters have a big adjustment period during their freshman year.

Agreed. I'm high on DT this year.

This kid is a good player, and would be a great get. Only issue would be a scholarship for him from Jan-May (correct?) assuming that Ski graduates and Jelly heads to the 76ers as the 3rd pick in the draft.

Rumor I heard was that he was at Creighton last weekend. But I haven't heard anything official anywhere.

Rumor I heard was that he was at Creighton last weekend. But I haven't heard anything official anywhere.

I also saw a rumor that he scheduled visits to CU and Creighton right after his visit with the Shockers. Whether that bodes well for us or not, I don't know.

I also saw a rumor that he scheduled visits to CU and Creighton right after his visit with the Shockers. Whether that bodes well for us or not, I don't know.
He was at last Friday nights game with his girlfriend. CU drew 18k for the home opener, hope he was impressed. Good luck. As long as he does not end up in Lincoln or Wichita.

Connor is on his visit right now. William Whelan just tweeted this "@William_Whelan: #KU transfer Connor Frankamp now in the building here in Boulder. He's on his visit."

Does anyone know if Wichita State had an opening and will be able to put him on scholarship effective 1/15? Was wondering if us not having an open spot until the summer hurt our chances.

He's walking on at WSU for a semester and then going on scholarship next year.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry1.jpg

As with several of us, I was hoping for an extra shooter next year. I went and read an article in the Kansas City Star that quoted Mr. Frankamp as saying, “I think Coach (Gregg) Marshall can improve my game quite a bit,” Frankamp said. “I’ve been very impressed with how Ron (Baker) and Fred (VanVleet) have developed as players. I think they have a good chance to get to the league (NBA).”

I think one of Tad Boyle's greatest skills is developing his players so I find that quote particularly tough to read. Plus...its Wichita State...I mean next thing you know we will lose a recruit to North Southeast Sub-Regional County State Polytechnic Institute for Short Bus Driving (NSSRCSPISBD). What can I say, I am disappointed but do hope it works out for Mr. Frankamp at his new location. I do believe the Buffs need a signature win or three to help boost recruiting.

As with several of us, I was hoping for an extra shooter next year. I went and read an article in the Kansas City Star that quoted Mr. Frankamp as saying, “I think Coach (Gregg) Marshall can improve my game quite a bit,” Frankamp said. “I’ve been very impressed with how Ron (Baker) and Fred (VanVleet) have developed as players. I think they have a good chance to get to the league (NBA).”

I think one of Tad Boyle's greatest skills is developing his players so I find that quote particularly tough to read. Plus...its Wichita State...I mean next thing you know we will lose a recruit to North Southeast Sub-Regional County State Polytechnic Institute for Short Bus Driving (NSSRCSPISBD). What can I say, I am disappointed but do hope it works out for Mr. Frankamp at his new location. I do believe the Buffs need a signature win or three to help boost recruiting.

You are aware of WSUs success correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total bummer, but I cant say this is totally surprising to me. He is from there after all.

I am very aware of WSU's success. When it comes to basketball their history and their recent success closely mirror that of CU. The big exception is they had an NIT win and one long tournament run. That being said, what excuse on earth is there for WSU having more success than CU? Do they have better facilities? No. Do they have a nicer campus? No. Are they located in a better city? No. Are they better academically? No. Are they located in a better region? No. Do they play more nationally televised games? No. Have they had more pro players recently? No. Yet, here we all sit with this perception that it is ok to lose a recruit to WSU because of one tourney run and one NIT run. Recruits have short memories. What they remember of CU isn't the pro players CU has produced...it is the losses...Arizona, Pittsburgh and now Wyoming. What we all remember of WSU is a tourney run. No offense to Shocker graduates but WSU may as well be NSSRCSPISBD.

Back