What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Steven Montez (Signed to COLORADO)

I don´t mean that we have seen his best, I mean I feel like we now have a clue what his ceiling will be and it appears, to me at least, to be limited.

If he is not going to be a damn good, efficient pocket passer who can reliably get the ball down field and limit turnovers, than he needs to be able to be a game breaker with his feet, either to buy time to scramble or to get yards downfield running for 1st downs. It appears to me he is not either, and will never be more than a good game manager (hopefully with fewer turnovers).

Given deficiencies elsewhere it seems we need a gamebreaker at QB if we want to punch above our weight class.

I see your point and I by no means believe Sefo is an elite college QB. I do, however, believe he is a talented, smart player that is going into his 3rd year in a QB friendly offense that has improved dramatically, compared to the rest of the team. I think he's going to have a really good year in '15 and the offense will continue to make strides, but the W/L improvement is going to come down to whether or not the D is improved and able to cause more turnovers. At the end of the day, I just don't see another QB being able to do a whole lot more than Sefo, with the defense CU has had the last 2 years.

I have a cousin who lives in Aledo, TX and he attends all their games. He told me that Montez was the best qb that Aledo faced all year. He thinks we're getting a good player.

[tweet]562353072874090496[/tweet]
Sweet. 23 lbs heavier (hopefully all muscle) since this thread started and if he gets to 220 that is a damn good starting point (again assuming good weight). I say look out Sefo and Apsay in 2016.

Exciting to have Steven coming our way. Lots of upside with this budding QB and the Buffs getting together! Will be fun to watch his progression.

6-5 220 is NFL size. I'm really excited about this kid... but I truly hope we're not joking in three years about how excited we were about him coming here ala Shane Dillon and others.

6-5 220 is NFL size. I'm really excited about this kid... but I truly hope we're not joking in three years about how excited we were about him coming here ala Shane Dillon and others.

At this time in SHane recruitment, his stock was trending down, Montezs has been rising at a solid rate.

ALLSOME ! I have really been excited and now relieved... Welcome to Colorado young Buff ! You are going to do great things here.

I have a feeling that Montez is going to do special things at CU. If he can add solid weight then we may see him on the field sooner rather than later.

Can't wait for this guy. He's going to be a player.

I just hope Darth at least gives him a chance at QB before moving him to corner.

Completely jacked about Steve becoming a Buff. Looking forward to seeing this man run the offense in a couple years.

welcome-to-colorado.jpg

I met his stepmom?/aunt? on my work trip. She said he is a great kid and working his ass off in the gym. Of course she thinks he is going to be incredible and they all hope he gets to start right away. He is definitely going to do all he can to try

Back