What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 AZ SG Cameron Satterwhite (Verbal to Loyola)

This kid could very easily be 6'10 or taller when all said and done. Very Anthony Davis like

Crazy. Anthony Davis's wingspan is about 7'6" as well. Not banking on it, but if this does happen, having guard skills would be a great asset. It's part of the reason why Davis is so successful. Obviously on a different level than Satterwhite, but still exciting nonetheless.

Can't wait to see him in a buff uniform. A big indicator for success going from college to pros is wingspan (think Kawhi Leonard). It allows you to guard people bigger than you, out rebound opponents, block shots, shoot over people, finish at the rim, etc. Even if he doesn't grow an inch, a 7'6" wingspan will allow him to be very disruptive. Perfect player for Tad.
I'm with you- super excited abut this commit. Moreover, he seems to have the natural athleticism to handle a dramatic growth spurt. Shouldn't miss a beat; as long as he can keep his weight proportional.

here is a tweet from his visit to campus:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Az POWER <a href="https://twitter.com/csatterwhite11">@csatterwhite11</a> was on a Visit to his Future House this Weekend.
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pac12?src=hash">#Pac12</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BuffaloBasketball?src=hash">#BuffaloBasketball</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/areacodes">@areacodes</a> <a href="http://t.co/PxXXiw5cJe">pic.twitter.com/PxXXiw5cJe</a></p>&mdash; AZ Power Basketball (@AzPowerBball) <a href="https://twitter.com/AzPowerBball/status/567469772422393857">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting to see him with Rohn who works exclusively with our bigs, perhaps a little telling about where they expect him to land.

I'm in love with Satterwhite's potential. We should all be excited about what he could be if he develops as I'm sure Tad is projecting. But we should probably slow our roll here and not over-hype him. Right now, he is not a HS All-American level player. Like Spencer or Alec, he seems to have the athleticism, length and capacity to get bigger so he could certainly end up being special. I just don't want to put that on him right now because right now I couldn't even tell you what position he'd play.

+1 DID HE JUST DUNK FROM THE FREE THROW LINE!!! FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Quick, someone send this clip to ESPN. They'll instantly make him a 4 star, top 100 player!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
The more I see about this kid, the more I like him. Agree with Nik its too early to read too much, but everytime I learn more about him, I'm digging him more and more.....

I know its probably a totally stupid thing (and one should take it with 5,000 grains of salt) but from following him on Twitter for awhile, I get the sense from his feed that he's good-character kid as well, that's also all in on C.U. His posts gives me a sense he's a smart, positive, mature kid.

Yea, I know that probably means nothing... Feel free to tell me to "shut the f@&$ up Donnie" at anytime. What the hell non-sense am I talking about?? Ability to post on Twitter has nothing to do with being able to play. I'll shut up.

But bottom line: Liking Cam, and am excited he's gonna be wearing the gold and black.

The more I see about this kid, the more I like him. Agree with Nik its too early to read too much, but everytime I learn more about him, I'm digging him more and more.....

I know its probably a totally stupid thing (and one should take it with 5,000 grains of salt) but from following him on Twitter for awhile, I get the sense from his feed that he's good-character kid as well, that's also all in on C.U. His posts gives me a sense he's a smart, positive, mature kid.

Yea, I know that probably means nothing... Feel free to tell me to "shut the f@&$ up Donnie" at anytime. What the hell non-sense am I talking about?? Ability to post on Twitter has nothing to do with being able to play. I'll shut up.

But bottom line: Liking Cam, and am excited he's gonna be wearing the gold and black.
I just can't get past that with this kid's wingspan that he is going to have a huge growth spurt sometime soon and we're gonna be glad we got him

I just can't get past that with this kid's wingspan that he is going to have a huge growth spurt sometime soon and we're gonna be glad we got him

Or we have a SG that can drive the team bus from the back row.

Potential

My first thought was Jesus Shuttlesworth

It would be amazing to have another under the radar, elite college player arrive on campus. His wing span is incredible, but the comparisons to Spencer, Burks and Andre are very premature. Spencer and Andre had long arms and were the only CU players in the Boyle era who have used their length to play help defense against penetration in the lane, with any effectiveness - I get that comparison with Cameron. However, it is difficult to tell how far his game has evolved, since he plays at a small HS and does not play against High Major D1 competition, which may be why he was not heavily recruited. In 8-10 minutes of clips I have seen him in, every defender is a 6"0" or smaller, slow guard. I love the potential, but it is not realistic at this point to make comparisons vs. some of the best players who have ever worn the uniform at CU. He definitely has a high ceiling if he grows several more inches (no pun intended).

It would be amazing to have another under the radar, elite college player arrive on campus. His wing span is incredible, but the comparisons to Spencer, Burks and Andre are very premature. Spencer and Andre had long arms and were the only CU players in the Boyle era who have used their length to play help defense against penetration in the lane, with any effectiveness - I get that comparison with Cameron. However, it is difficult to tell how far his game has evolved, since he plays at a small HS and does not play against High Major D1 competition, which may be why he was not heavily recruited. In 8-10 minutes of clips I have seen him in, every defender is a 6"0" or smaller, slow guard. I love the potential, but it is not realistic at this point to make comparisons vs. some of the best players who have ever worn the uniform at CU. He definitely has a high ceiling if he grows several more inches (no pun intended).

The film i see is a 4* player. Better than all of our other recruits.

ESPN dropped him to a 2*.

One of these sites is going to be really wrong. I hope it's ESPN.

which site is generally more accurate?

Scout. Then Rivals. Then a Ouija board.

ESPN sucks outside of the top 150 honestly. 24/7 I've never been a fan of. I feel like they sometimes try to be contrarian just to show how outside the box they think. So in this case, there's a 50/50 chance between the two IMO.

Scout. Then Rivals. Then a Ouija board.

ESPN sucks outside of the top 150 honestly. 24/7 I've never been a fan of. I feel like they sometimes try to be contrarian just to show how outside the box they think. So in this case, there's a 50/50 chance between the two IMO.

honestly most of the services arent very good outside of the top 300 players unless you have an exceptionally plugged editor who cares like the scout westcoast guys.

honestly most of the services arent very good outside of the top 300 players unless you have an exceptionally plugged editor who cares like the scout westcoast guys.

True. And now that Gershon has been bumped up, Scout may start to slip a bit in my eyes.

There was a lot of apprehension about Cam Satterwhite as a "reach" by Tad. But Eric Bossi (Rivals national analyst) is watching some summer league this week and it sounds like that upside we were hoping for is starting to materialize. Very encouraged.

[tweet]619993056255672320[/tweet]

[tweet]620003641252950016[/tweet]

Beyond thrilled to see these reviews.

I think some of the folks reading here may be a bit lost, so I'll explain.

Goose and some of the rest of us heard reports that Satterwhite was a major, major reach. Evaluators who had seen him and who we respect questioned whether he was even good enough to play at programs a significant level below CU (Grand Canyon State, Northern Arizona, etc.)... let alone in a power conference like the Pac-12.

So hearing a report of "big strides" from a guy we respect (Eric Bossi) and that Bossi seemed impressed by what he was seeing this week is a pretty big deal.

strides" from a guy we respect (Eric Bossi) and that Bossi seemed impressed by what he was seeing this week is a pretty big deal.

02e43a111301757e9ec260cb458f546ec9f1c32ef8a34adba26fb13011d30cb6.jpg

Back