What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 AZ SG Cameron Satterwhite (Verbal to Loyola)

Sounds like the injury may not be as bad as originally feared. Stay tuned.

P.S. 'Tini & FLounder - don't take this to the next level trying to get the last word.

Sounds like the injury may not be as bad as originally feared. Stay tuned.

P.S. 'Tini & FLounder - don't take this to the next level trying to get the last word.

Hopefully. Like what we've heard about his progress and you can't teach his length.

Is his wingspan bigger than Fletcher's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully. Like what we've heard about his progress and you can't teach his length.

Is his wingspan bigger than Fletcher's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His wingspan is like one of the longer-armed NBA power forwards. Fletch has long arms, but not to that level.

I have a decent idea of what happened. At least a plausible working theory. You gotta come to the tailgate tomorrow to find out, though. Not going to put it here.

Odd timing. Our resident Jessup insider seemed to have indicated a week or so ago that he wasn't even considering the Buffs. Seems like we should have heard about this move much earlier.

Umm, don't take offense when I say that seems like it should be taken with a grain of salt since we've got a guard visiting campus right now.

I take no offense whatsoever. The switch from Jessup's '17 offer to a '16 offer just happened to coincide with Satterwhite's switch from a '16 offer to a '17 offer. I'm merely connecting the dots.

I take no offense whatsoever. The switch from Jessup's '17 offer to a '16 offer just happened to coincide with Satterwhite's switch from a '16 offer to a '17 offer. I'm merely connecting the dots.
Seems like they decided they needed a guard ready to play in '16, which doesn't necessarily mean that the guard is Jessup.

Odd timing. Our resident Jessup insider seemed to have indicated a week or so ago that he wasn't even considering the Buffs. Seems like we should have heard about this move much earlier.

I said he wasn't considering the Buffs with a '17 offer, but that a switch to a '16 offer (which eventually did happen), might change his mind or at least put CU back into the picture. It DID put CU back into the picture, but it might have been too late by then.

Seems like they decided they needed a guard ready to play in '16, which doesn't necessarily mean that the guard is Jessup.

I won't argue that point. I'm just pointing out that the switch for both players happened virtually simultaneously. Take from that what you will.

Timing is interesting to say the least but based on what i know, and while being polite Jessup's dad is feeding you info through parent colored glasses, Jessup has a commit-able offer only if we miss on three named players. That may change with the satterwhite drop but there are 3 guys we know of ahead of jessup if they all commit he's SOL and so is Satterwhite.

Statement to me from Satterwhite:
“Coach Boyle wanted me to reclassify to 2017 to be prepared for the college competition and red shirting wasn’t an option,” Satterwhite explained. “I personally want to come back [much]stronger than before and by the end of April my doctor said I’d be back and rolling. I know I’ll be back, and I want to go straight to college without a year off. That’s why I decided to open up my recruitment again.”
Full story from Jake: http://bsndenver.com/cu-buffs-basketball-recruit-de-commits-after-being-asked-to-reclassify/

From that statement, it's to the mutual benefit of both parties and gives both reasonable time to find a different option in their recruiting game. Good luck to him.

Do we have to talk about Jessup in every ******* basketball thread?

Agreed, we act like he is some 5* one and done kid.

Had Satterwhite stayed healthy I would have rather had him, injury changes that but now not broken up to not get either. We need to upgrade talent. I hope opening up this scholly facilitates that.

We need to upgrade talent. I hope opening up this scholly facilitates that.

Over the last couple of years recruiting hasn't been stellar. It's hurt the team last season and may well do so again this season. The '16 class is massive for the men's program with Josh Scott being a senior and perhaps XJ as well. They must get a quality big man and surround him with very talented perimeter players.

I have no idea how much of an impact Satterwhite would have made next season but regardless, Boyle has to start upgrading the talent.

Testy, much? The question was asked, and Jessup was part of the answer. Lighten up.

I guess I am a bit testy. Hadn't been on the board much today. Heard the news about Satterwhite. Thought I'd find out what was going on by going to his profile thread. Somehow ran into another Jessup discussion.

Statement to me from Satterwhite:
“Coach Boyle wanted me to reclassify to 2017 to be prepared for the college competition and red shirting wasn’t an option,” Satterwhite explained. “I personally want to come back [much]stronger than before and by the end of April my doctor said I’d be back and rolling. I know I’ll be back, and I want to go straight to college without a year off. That’s why I decided to open up my recruitment again.”
Full story from Jake: http://bsndenver.com/cu-buffs-basketball-recruit-de-commits-after-being-asked-to-reclassify/

Asking a verbal commit to reclassify because of an injury is a slippery slope in recruiting. The reason why some kids give a school an early commitment is so they have a little insurance in case they do get hurt. This can't look good in the eyes of recruits as I'm sure some are thinking, don't commit to Colorado and then get hurt, you'll have to figure out something for a year or two before you can go play there.

Maybe we'll find a better player, but I don't know about asking a verbal recruit to reclassify because of injury, especially one that should recover in 8 months. I don't like it.

Back