What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CA RB Beau Bisharat (Signed to COLORADO)

Sorry if I missed it. First post. Be gentle. I have low self esteem. Meds seem to help. I digress. Anyway... wouldn't the coffee references have to do with Coffeyville Community College, thereby eliminating any connection to Bisharat?
Good thinking, but see Jeric's post above about why that seems unlikely.

Don't be this guy, Beau! Come to Boulder!
635739722929348256329587656_86d4980acf1b1c3f7aef9f3c1024508d.jpg
Not even one letter?

Sorry if I missed it. First post. Be gentle. I have low self esteem. Meds seem to help. I digress. Anyway... wouldn't the coffee references have to do with Coffeyville Community College, thereby eliminating any connection to Bisharat?
Too much logic in this post for Allbuffs. You may need to find another board. :)

The coffee references are to the scene in "Glengary Glenross" where Alec Baldwin tells the crew: "coffee is for closers". If Chiv, Leavitt and Tumpkin land these last three guys, they're earning their coffee.

It's a Glengary Glenross movie line Chev has been using to other coaches on Twitter ("Coffee is for closers,"). They've been tweeting coffee images back & forth when they're going after a recruit or got a commitment.

Adams wasn't the recruiter for Lewis & Winfree.. he is for NorCal & he's also the lead on RB recruits.

Actually, that is a really good point, and it makes me sad.

It's a Glengary Glenross movie line Chev has been using to other coaches on Twitter ("Coffee is for closers,"). They've been tweeting coffee images back & forth when they're going after a recruit or got a commitment.

Adams wasn't the recruiter for Lewis & Winfree.. he is for NorCal & he's also the lead on RB recruits.
Actually, that is a really good point, and it makes me happy.

Correct.

Shut the hell up, sock. We don't need your kind of distraction right now.

Edit: Sorry in advance if you're a real boy.

Wonder if @BuffStampede could settle the natives? I am sure he is busy with NSD stuff though. That or arguing with certain QB "guru's" on twitter.

Sorry guys, busy day preparing for tomorrow. Haven't been able to read through the latest posts on this thread but if Bisharat signs tomorrow, it'll be either with Colorado and Cal. The fact the Buffs are recruiting him for running back, while the Golden Bears see him as a linebacker, could be big for CU. If Bisharat does not decide tomorrow, he'll visit Nebraska and all of a sudden the Huskers would look like his front-runner. I know there some people in the Buffaloes program that feel cautiously optimistic about their chances of landing Bisharat tomorrow.

It looked like Riley's offer for an official visit was only valid if he signed tomorrow. If I got that right, this is looking up.

Sorry guys, busy day preparing for tomorrow. Haven't been able to read through the latest posts on this thread but if Bisharat signs tomorrow, it'll be either with Colorado and Cal. The fact the Buffs are recruiting him for running back, while the Golden Bears see him as a linebacker, could be big for CU. If Bisharat does not decide tomorrow, he'll visit ****braska and all of a sudden the Huskers would look like his front-runner. I know there some people in the Buffaloes program that feel cautiously optimistic about their chances of landing Bisharat tomorrow.

Really appreciate it Adam.

It looked like Riley's offer for an official visit was only valid if he signed tomorrow. If I got that right, this is looking up.

That update from kNU was one of the strangest I have read in some time.

Listen Beau. Just go ahead and sign a binding contract to spend the next 4 years of your life - and come visit later. You'll love it - but if you don't - too ****ing bad. You signed.

What?

Listen Beau. Just go ahead and sign a binding contract to spend the next 4 years of your life - and come visit later. You'll love it - but if you don't - too ****ing bad. You signed.

What?
If true, that is a really bad way to pressure a kid trying to make what in his mind is the biggest decision he will ever make.

Not sure how I can have less respect for Nebraska, but if this is the way Riley works, I will find a way.

What?
That is how the Cult of Nebraska works. They think that they just need to get you to the state and you will fall in love with it. They actually run stories in the news about people moving to Nebraska and how much they love it. They are funded by the propaganda office, I'm sure.

I didn't read the offer/visit was contingent on him signing with them tomorrow - only a suggestion he could sign and visit later. But maybe I misread it?

“Coach Mike Riley called and left a message,” he said. “The message was basically if you want to sign on Wednesday, we can get you out for an official. That works for us. I know they want me in the backfield, so that’s a plus for sure."

"Nebraska wants me to sign on Wednesday but I’ve never even been there,” he said. "They basically said to sign and then take a visit a week later. It’s hard to sign somewhere I’ve never been and I’ve only known the coaching staff for a week.”

That is how the Cult of ****braska works. They think that they just need to get you to the state and you will fall in love with it. They actually run stories in the news about people moving to ****braska and how much they love it. They are funded by the propaganda office, I'm sure.

I'm a believer. It's got to be allsome to go from a mediocre existence to being a 1%er overnight on looks, IQ and wealth. Moving to Nebraska can be like winning the lottery, a Nobel prize and getting selected for Extreme Makeover all on the same day.

I'm a believer. It's got to be allsome to go from a mediocre existence to being a 1%er overnight on looks, IQ and wealth. Moving to ****braska can be like winning the lottery, a Nobel prize and getting selected for Extreme Makeover all on the same day.
Except for the fact that you have to live in Nebraska.

This sums up the experience quite well.

Last edited:
That's an encouraging update. Scout west coast guys are very good.

Thanks to Adam as well!

Back