What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF De'Ron Davis (Signed to Indiana)

Steve McClain, former assistant at CU, has left Indiana to be the HC at UIC. This is huge. For those who don't know, he was the guy who turned Indiana on to De'Ron in 8th grade.

Last edited:
"De'Ron Davis will cut his list after NBA Camp. Indiana, Arizona, Arkansas, ASU, Notre Dame, UConn, Texas, Colorado, Cal, UCLA in the mix."

--from Jeff Borzello's Twitter

"2016
De’Ron Davis told PGU that he didn't even know Damon Stoudamire left and that was the only coach he spoke he with. @PangosAACamp"

--from UofAPointGuardU

Last edited:
https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771505

"I don't have a favorite favorite, but people that are coming the hardest are Arkansas, Indiana, Arizona, CU, Arizona State, Texas, Notre Dame and UCLA," Davis told Jeff Rabjohns of Peeps.com, which is part of the Rivals.com network.

Adam also found a couple new mixtape videos of Davis from Adidas Gauntlet and Adidas Uprising. He's developing a lot on the offensive end with his face-up game.

How old is that article? The last Arizona contact he had was when Damon Stoudamire was still a coach. He's not going to Arizona.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771505

"I don't have a favorite favorite, but people that are coming the hardest are Arkansas, Indiana, Arizona, CU, Arizona State, Texas, Notre Dame and UCLA," Davis told Jeff Rabjohns of Peeps.com, which is part of the Rivals.com network.

Adam also found a couple new mixtape videos of Davis from Adidas Gauntlet and Adidas Uprising. He's developing a lot on the offensive end with his face-up game.

these are the types of battles we need to win before we can start snatching 4/5* kids out of other states.
Big bummer here.

I think last season (and the portion of the season before where spencer went down) set this program back quite a bit, as well as the yet to turn up (or stay) recruiting class with gordon/fletch/thomas/jhop.

Hasn't Tad been recruiting this kid hard for a long time? Pretty big slap in the face to not even put your home state school in your final list. Pretty disrespectful to Tad, I think. Honestly, it bothers me. A lot. But I'm going to try to stay classy. :smile2:
Tad has been after him for a long ass time yes, but I'm glad he announced his top 3 so we can move onto other targets.

Tad has been after him for a long ass time yes, but I'm glad he announced his top 3 so we can move onto other targets.
I doubt him having us on his list would've hurt us any. But your point has merit.

Aw hell. Who am I kidding. I'm butt hurt and bitter.

For trying to find the silver lining in this, you win the prize.

:bronzecup:

Hasn't Tad been recruiting this kid hard for a long time? Pretty big slap in the face to not even put your home state school in your final list. Pretty disrespectful to Tad, I think. Honestly, it bothers me. A lot. But I'm going to try to stay classy. :smile2:

I'm sorry, but that's BS. Big slap in the face to not put your home state on the list? He has no reason to do that. If he's not interested, he's not interested. I'm not going to hate on the kid because he thinks he has better options elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but that's BS. Big slap in the face to not put your home state on the list? He has no reason to do that. If he's not interested, he's not interested. I'm not going to hate on the kid because he thinks he has better options elsewhere.

Didn't the Arizona fans on here say they weren't even really recruiting him anymore?

Exactly. If CU wanted Davis (and all indications are that we did -- very much), the fault on not even making his Top 3 lies with CU's recruiting... not with Davis. Buffs failed on this one despite recruiting him harder than anyone.

Disappointing, but the writing was on the wall on this one. I can't even say it is a "miss," by Tad as I am not sure there was anything he and his staff could have done that would have got him to sign a LOI.

I think Colorado will be fine. At least for the next couple seasons. There's definitely a lot of pressure on Tad to have a bounce back season this year, as recruits will come if he does (whether at the high school, JC, transfer or even International ranks)

Disappointing, but the writing was on the wall on this one. I can't even say it is a "miss," by Tad as I am not sure there was anything he and his staff could have done that would have got him to sign a LOI.

I think Colorado will be fine. At least for the next couple seasons. There's definitely a lot of pressure on Tad to have a bounce back season this year, as recruits will come if he does (whether at the high school, JC, transfer or even International ranks)

Agreed. Not sure Davis ever wanted to stay in-state & our main issue is relying on the 1 blue chip Colorado kid to stay home every yr. Bad strategy. Tad has a 2 yr window with his current core who can absolutely be a winning team. Recruiting has only really fallen off this yr & we have the pieces to bounce back.

Back