What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 JC ILB Jordan Kunaszyk (Signed to Cal)

If we can't win a battle where his best friend is in his ear trying to convince him to go to Colorado that would be quite the kick to the nuts.

He's a Northern Californian.

So playing away from home with your best friend vs. playing near home in front of many family and friends.

I'd imagine he will weigh off some other important factors as well.

He's a Northern Californian.

So playing away from home with your best friend vs. playing near home in front of many family and friends.

I'd imagine he will weigh off some other important factors as well.
I don't really care where he is from, it would be a bad recruiting loss. Probably a starting spot waiting for him here on more of a defensive minded team and one of the best linebacking coaches in college football. His best friend from grade school who went to the same college as him is also here. If we can't win that decision we won't win a ton of other ones.

If we can't win a battle where his best friend is in his ear trying to convince him to go to Colorado that would be quite the kick to the nuts.
I don't really care where he is from, it would be a bad recruiting loss. Probably a starting spot waiting for him here on more of a defensive minded team and one of the best linebacking coaches in college football. His best friend from grade school who went to the same college as him is also here. If we can't win that decision we won't win a ton of other ones.

I think we get him, but this is a ridiculous sentiment especially the bolded

Art Kaufman, DC and LB coach at Cal isn't a slouch. Cal has been improving on defense as well, and has a big void at LB ready to be filled. But he's no JMFL.

Bottom line is that the kids' best friend probably counts as much as the view of the flatirons. How he fits in, his coaching relationships, how likely those coaches are likely to be at such school, and other unknown (to us) factors could all play a big role. For some kids other things such as leaving your girlfriend, playing in front of Grandma and Grandpa, or getting a degree from Cal when you're a native NorCal kid can be huge things.

We don't really know too much about what factors this kid weighs the most heavy, so yeah, you're post above was overly dramatic.

It's hard to know if JMFL will still be a LB/DC coach in 3 years (CU or elsewhere?). But I'd say that Sonny Dykes has left little doubt that he's looking for a better gig. I'd be neg selling that every time against Cal.

We have one healthy inside linebacker right now so yes it would be a big recruiting loss. Adams as the area recruiter who is the most underrated recruiter on the staff according to some. Combine that with our best position coach and one of the best linebacker coaches in the country, nfl included, and his best friend is one of the leaders on the team and defense. This is almost set up perfectly.

I think it is pretty telling the coaches offered him well after signing day. Says a lot about where we stand with the current group on the team.

I think it is pretty telling the coaches offered him well after signing day. Says a lot about where we stand with the current group on the team.
Desperately need more size in the middle and someone who can take on pulling guards and centers going to the second level. Last year, any time Gamboa, watanabe or olugbode were engaged by a lineman they were taken out of the play. Smaller backers can't be depended on to stay healthy either.

No lose situation iyam; either we get the kid or we get more fuel for the "this staff can't close, they need to be replaced" fire. Either way, we all win!

No lose situation iyam; either we get the kid or we get more fuel for the "this staff can't close, they need to be replaced" fire. Either way, we all win!
I have been supportive of Mac for a while now and I am definitely not in the fire mac side but we need this guy badly and the situation should help the staff. Have to be able to close these guys.

Remember, he is a NoCal guy who has wanted to go to Cal all along and took a couple unofficials there before CU was on the radar or in contact. And while his best friend is at CU, they would only be teammates for a year.

If CU wins this recruiting battle, it will be one hell of a recruiting win.

Sounds like he's leaning Cal, but who knows...hope he becomes a Buff!!

I'm not sure. My take is that he was always leaning Cal and that is where he expected he would go if they offered. CU has made him think twice and maybe he likes CU more but it's hard to go against what you thought you always wanted and actively pursued.

I'm thinking it's a coin flip.

Back