What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 JC WR Juwann Winfree (Signed to COLORADO)

It sure sounds promising, but I've followed recruiting enough to know better than to count on much before signing day.

Oh my, but those panthers are delusional:
https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/winfree.55368/
Pitt is a better school in a more beautiful location
Pitt is a better school. Also a better football situation. The locations are in the eyes of the beholder. Pretty sure most D1 football players aren't picking a school based on surrounding natural beauty. If that was the case, programs like Colorado and BYU would be on par with Alabama.
That would be humiliating if a kid flipped to Colorado. They are so far behind the times in college athletics.
But seriously, is there anything at all that Colorado has an advantage in over the University of Pittsburgh?

And the obligatory legal MJ digs. SD swooped in and slapped them around, though...

He's in Kansas, right? So maybe that's 8 CT and you'll only have to start at 7 MT.

Daily Camera posted an article this morning mainly on Mr. Winfree- http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_29462487/cu-football-buffs-close-4-star-receiver .

"
Juwann Winfree didn't have to look far to find examples of what he could become at Colorado.

A four-star receiver from Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College, Winfree has yet to announce where he will sign on Wednesday's national letter of intent day, but all signs point to him coming to Boulder, where he would hope to follow in the footsteps of two of the best receivers in CU history.

"I've seen their recent success in past years with other receivers, Nelson Spruce and Paul Richardson," The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Winfree said of CU. "I've seen what the offense is doing; they're throwing the ball. And, I see potential with the team of where it can go.

"I feel like I can contribute to helping change the program, along with the people that they have."
Winfree said that in addition to CU and Memphis, several schools, including Mississippi State and Washington State, have contacted him this week, and he said he is weighing his options.

It is expected, however, that Winfree will sign with CU, where he already has several connections. In fact, if the Buffs had any concerns about Winfree's off-the-field issues at Maryland, those concerns were presumably put to rest through those connections.
"

connections. as in strength coach formerly of the land of Mary?

Part of it. Quoting more of the article-

"
Strength and conditioning coach Drew Wilson and intern Corey Edsall both came to CU from Maryland, where they worked with Winfree during the 2014 season.

Winfree's head coach at Maryland, Randy Edsall, is a friend of CU head coach Mike MacIntyre, and his position coach with the Terps, Keenan McCardell, is a friend of CU co-offensive coordinator Darrin Chiaverini.

Winfree also got a seal of approval from his offensive coordinator at Maryland, Mike Locksley.

"(MacIntyre) spoke with coach Locksley, and coach Lox spoke highly of me," Winfree said.
"

Are you new here??

pvBJ1FZ.jpg

Back