What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 MI SG Deleon Brown (Signed to COLORADO)

Rated the #5 player in Michigan. Might he skip the prep school year and come to CU in the fall instead if Tad doesn't land Dorsey?

5. Deleon Brown, Grand Rapids Christian, 6-3, sr.: Brown led a highly competitive Christian team by averaging 20.3 points last season. He shot 80 percent from the free throw line and 38 percent from 3-point range. He signed with Colorado.

http://statechampsnetwork.com/index...tball-players-muskegon-s-davis-tops-the-list/

Rated the #5 player in Michigan. Might he skip the prep school year and come to CU in the fall instead if Tad doesn't land Dorsey?

The shooting percentage is tempting. We certainly need it. But if I had a vote, I would like to see him go the prep route and come in with the '16 group instead. As a Freshman he has less of a chance of making a meaningful impact next year, but with another year of maturity he can accomplish more over his four years of eligibility. We have the good fortune to have Fortune to help with shooting next year ... and I am still high on George King's potential. At the end of the day though I think it might happen.

Could always come in and redshirt if CU strikes out in '15.

Considering that we lose Ski but gain Fortune and King, it wouldn't be the first thing to have someone who doesn't need minutes if the Buffs can't find more of a blue chip like Dorsey.

Article that mentions him here- http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/n...sition/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter .

"
The Eagles have moved senior Deleon Brown to the point guard position, and so far, the transition has been a smooth one. Brown, who has committed to the University of Colorado after averaging 20 points a game a year ago, scored 24 points in Christian’s 63-40 victory over Catholic Central on Tuesday.

“He is just so talented,” Warners said. “He played football for the first time this fall, so he wasn’t as sharp as he wanted. But he is picking it up really quick. He is our best player, and you want your best player to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. He draws a lot of attention when he has the ball, which creates opportunities for his teammates, and he does a great job finding them.”
"

Last edited:
Per the below, sounds like he will be arriving for the 2016/17 season and not next year-

[tweet]555214226638135296[/tweet]

I guess he just turned 17 recently. I've got a very good feeling about what kind of player we're getting after he gets a year in that brutally talented NH Prep league.

Looks like Mr. Brown is putting in some work during the early AAU season...

http://www.circuitstats.com/roster_players/7765186

_T0G1932_copy.png

his stats are all over the board. One game he is 0-5 and a few nights later he is 4 of 18

I think that's called, "adjusting to a new level of play."

I have no idea what you are saying.

As far as I can tell he was on the team last year as well. He averaged 10 points per game (on 50% shooting).

Last edited:
[video=youtube;KigbbfOlfCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KigbbfOlfCw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

He has good rise on his jumpshot. Sometimes he even does the NBA leg-kick splay which may or may not be a good thing. The tools are there for him to be a good jump shooter at the next level.

He finishes almost exclusively with his left but he has good handles and shows the ability to split the defenders. A good basketball player but not an elite athlete. He could use some exposure to a higher level of competition, I'm interested to see how he can improve with a year at prep school.

Some of his jumpers remind me of a young Kobe, no wear the jumping ability though.

His leg kick is classic Billups. I don't like him ending up on the ground that much, that is how you get hurt.

I would think sliding to the ground is a lot less to cause injury than coming down awkwardly on the knee.

I know that the video is structured to show shots that he makes, but what impresses me is how he finishes under duress (with guys all around him) and shoot threes with a hand in his face. We have not had a lot of that the past couple of years. It makes me think that maybe he can be a really good piece of the puzzle when he gets here.

Nice! Hope he enjoys the campus. I like Brown. I think he's going to be a guy who provides solid bench minutes and is a rotation guy all four years.

Article linked to in the below tweet is for paid subscribers, but the way the tweet is written at least indicates to me that Mr. Brown is still planning on signing his NLI tomorrow to join the Buffs!

I was unaware Xavier Silas also attended Brewster

Last edited:
Back