What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 MI SG Deleon Brown (Signed to COLORADO)

From the game summaries on Brewster's website it looks like he has been in double-digit scoring in at least 9 of 11 games with a high of 23. Brewster is 9-2.

He and Diallo look like quite a duo. Hope they're best friends too.

ESPN scouting report

Updated 12/02/2015

Strengths:
Brown is a multi-talented player on both ends of the floor. The southpaw has the shooting stroke to be a dangerous threat from behind the three-point line but is also quick enough to create his own offense off the bounce. That offensive versatility gives him the potential to grow into a valuable scorer down the road. He's got solid size for the backcourt along with the long arms to match his quick feet and is potentially capable of playing both on and off the ball a few years down the road.

Weaknesses:
He's still learning how to utilize his versatility as he learns to take good shots and score within the flow of the offense. He sometimes lacks the upper body strength to absorb contact when attacking off the dribble and isn't yet a consistent ball-handler or decision-maker against pressure.

Bottom Line:
He has a lot of tools at his disposal, but is still just learning to put them all together against high levels of competition. Long term though, he has the potential to score the ball in various ways and be equally impactful on the defensive end.

"score the ball?" I know what it means and have heard it before but it makes no grammatical sense. Haha.

Great write-up this morning over on BuffStampede: https://colorado.n.rivals.com/news/brown-now-ready-to-join-buffaloes

“The experience I got playing at Brewster was great. I got to play in the NEPSAC league, which is one of the best leagues in the country as far as prep basketball goes,” Brown said. “Now, when I go out to Colorado, I will come in battle-tested. We had a tough schedule so I played in a lot of really competitive games.”

Brown is an athletic 3pt shooter whose game sounds similar to the Josh Fortune role. Gives the Buffs an immediate upgrade in our guard depth and competition.

The article talked about him making an instant impact. With King, Fortune, & the UCCS Michael Jordan, I'm not sure we're going to see much of Brown next year.

The article talked about him making an instant impact. With King, Fortune, & the UCCS Michael Jordan, I'm not sure we're going to see much of Brown next year.
And Peters right? Playing time might be hard to come by

Got to wait to see it play out. Basketball isn't like football. Not as much waiting for your turn.

And Peters right? Playing time might be hard to come by

Article said they're looking at Brown as a 2 guard. Peters is a PG. But still, that's one more guard who will likely be ahead of Brown next yr. I would love to see Brown & Walton redshirt. Team will be even deeper next yr than this last yr assuming XJ is back & no attrition from the rotation. Add XJ, White, Peters & subtract Scott, XT--that's a 10 man rotation.

Back