What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 UT OLB Pookie Maka (Signed to COLORADO)

I've predicted that he ends up staying in-state because he has family ties to both BYU and Utah, but I'm told Pututau has been giving CU some serious consideration.

Thanks Adam, but I was actually wondering about Taniela. Any insight if we will get a serious look?

Thanks Adam, but I was actually wondering about Taniela. Any insight if we will get a serious look?

I believe Taniela is kind of like Fua... he likes CU a lot, but his family ties to the in-state schools might be tough for him to turn away from. Tennessee Pututau, a cousin of Fua and Taniela's, is another Pututau to watch. He is a 2018 defensive end recruit already with six offers, including one from the Buffs.

At his specific position, not sure that is entirely true. Plus I really think him getting acclimated academics wise and bigger/stronger in the weight room would make him a beast in 2017.
I agree 100%. When you see him out of pads, he's skinny. His frame can carry more good weight and if sees the field beyond special teams this year, it will be because they are desperate. I really like this one!

I hope he qualifies cause I'm really excited to see him playing in a Buffs uniform as soon as possible

Last edited:
I hope he qualifies cause I'm really excited to see him playing in a bus Uni as soon as possible
miss_frizzle_and_the_magic_school_bus1.jpg

You sound really excited by this recruit!
I am! I am! I am a bit shocked at how the recruiting season ended quite honestly. Was this sudden momentum due to DC? I don't know, but am already interested in how the next recruiting season will turn out. 12 months instead of 1 month of this craziness would be an interesting year indeed.

I am! I am! I am a bit shocked at how the recruiting season ended quite honestly. Was this sudden momentum due to DC? I don't know, but am already interested in how the next recruiting season will turn out. 12 months instead of 1 month of this craziness would be an interesting year indeed.
That was quite a nap.

For some reason, I random kept thinking this dude's name last Sunday. I don't even follow recruiting much and especially hadn't been paying attention this year. But I just checked rivals.com since today is signing day and it shows that he committed on Sunday, the same day that I had randomly had his name stuck in my head. That's pretty weird guys... :O

For some reason, I random kept thinking this dude's name last Sunday. I don't even follow recruiting much and especially hadn't been paying attention this year. But I just checked rivals.com since today is signing day and it shows that he committed on Sunday, the same day that I had randomly had his name stuck in my head. That's pretty weird guys... :O
You must have watched New Jack City.

You mis-read it. He'll play this season, then go on a 1-year mission after the 1st semester. I think there are some rules around this that are good for CU in that he's still locked in as a CU player after the mission since he started school here.

Sorry. As you'll see, thought I was quick enough to edit my original post. It seemed logical to me they'd redshirt him this year so he'd actually be able to play 4 years straight when he gets back. But, I'm definitely not an expert. Also, have no idea if any NCAA redshirt rules as it relates to religeous missions would affect the redshirting decision at all?

Do the Mormons do one year missions? I was under the impression that they were all two years.

The article says he'll play 2016, miss 2017 & 2018 and return 2019. That's two years. I don't understand how that works with the eligibility clock that should start in 2016. Is there a mission exception?

The article says he'll play 2016, miss 2017 & 2018 and return 2019. That's two years. I don't understand how that works with the eligibility clock that should start in 2016. Is there a mission exception?

Yes. There's a mission exception. You're right, too. I miscounted because of the challenge that leaving December & coming back January presented to my limited math skills. :oops::D

What do you think of players results after coming back from missions? Any examples of players who excelled coming back?

Yes. There's a mission exception. You're right, too. I miscounted because of the challenge that leaving December & coming back January presented to my limited math skills. :oops::D

In life one and one don't make two
One and one make one
And I'm looking for that free ride to me
I'm looking for you

Back