What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 UT OLB Pookie Maka (Signed to COLORADO)

Excellent news!!!!!! Way to go on a great decision Mr. Maka!!!
Happy with the staff changes that are bringing some better recruiting!

oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

JL and DC - Getting it done! Two weeks ago we lost a freshman LB who started some last year on an already thin core. Now there are significant LB reinforcements, a shiny new QB to zip it to some speedy and incoming tall, athletic WR's. Good energy building ~

You've got to be excited to land Leavitt's #1 LB recruit. Can't wait to see him on the field and hear his name called by the announcers. Tackle made by "Poooookie Maka."

I spoke to Mike Tidwell, Pookie Maka's coach at Cottonwood Senior, this afternoon and he had high praise for Jim Leavitt:

“It was a combination of Colorado and Jim Leavitt,” Tidwell said when asked what sold Maka on being a Buff. “Bringing him out to Colorado with Fua Pututau and Taniela Pututau to visit and attend their camp in June was big. Had they not come out, I don't know where Pookie would be with recruiting right now.

“I just know Pookie had so much fun with Coach Leavitt and has continued to develop a great relationship with him since then. I have been around a lot of coaches and a lot of big time players and I have never seen a coach that is better at showing kids he truly cares and wants them than Coach Leavitt. Credit to Coach Leavitt.”

https://colorado.n.rivals.com/news/pookie-maka-pulls-the-trigger

Thanks Adam, with Maka committing, any insight on how Pututua's recruiting is shaping up early on?

Back