What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA S Emmanuel Flowers (Signed to Michigan State)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

i

Ayala HS (Chino Hills, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KingEJ34

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 177
40: 4.57

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; unranked CB
Scout rating: 3*; #112 CB
ESPN rating: unrated S
247s rating: 2*-76 grade; #207 S

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Hawaii, Idaho, Michigan State, North Dakota, San Diego State, San Jose State, UCLA, Wyoming, Boise State

Last edited:
Chev recruiting with an assist from Chidera. Visited Michigan State last weekend. Was scheduled to visit UCLA this coming weekend but that was dropped.

Latest report (yesterday from Scout's Biggins):

"I haven't decided on my final official visit yet but I'm looking at Boise State, Cal and Colorado and all three are planning on coming over for a home visit this week."

Would not be disappointed too much if we got this kid. Lots of upside here. Sort of blowing up late as well.

Last edited:
Wonder if the Mich State and UCLA offers are legit... MSU typically does a very good job of finding solid under-the-radar DBs, but I can't imagine them taking a DB who runs about as well as most D1 DEs.

Unsure about Mich. St., but UCLA basically took 3-4 DBs after they offered him, so that says a lot.

Unsure about Mich. St., but UCLA basically took 3-4 DBs after they offered him, so that says a lot.
It's hard to say what it says. I think it says more that they offered and both schools have had good DB play. He may not have been tops on their board, but no school has perfect 20-20 vision on these things. They are all projectin' a bit.

His film shows some really nice safety skills (centerfield) as well as reaction, change of direction skills. Didn't see anything that made me question his speed, but it's a highlight reel. Was there concerns expressed elsewhere? Track times, 40 times, or other info not discussed above?

It's hard to say what it says. I think it says more that they offered and both schools have had good DB play. He may not have been tops on their board, but no school has perfect 20-20 vision on these things. They are all projectin' a bit.

His film shows some really nice safety skills (centerfield) as well as reaction, change of direction skills. Didn't see anything that made me question his speed, but it's a highlight reel. Was there concerns expressed elsewhere? Track times, 40 times, or other info not discussed above?

Track times were concerning. http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=6511991#/L0

Also, his hudl lists a shuttle of 4.38 which also isn't great but it's in line with the low end of how safeties test at the NFL Combine and everyone who is invited to that event was an excellent college player. So I guess where I'm at is that his speed & agility are a question mark in terms of upside and that needs to be answered. Everything else needs to be there for a Flowers offer to make a lot of sense to me.

One thing is the giant improvement from 9th to 10th grade he made, and now we are 2 years later. Certainly something to question.

Now that he has the offer, I watched the full highlights.

Big, physical and aggressive with man coverage skills. Plays a lot of WR and shows good awareness & ball skills. Good body control. Not a burner. I don't think I'd want him playing corner, but at safety it would be a lot like with Tedric. I like this kid.

Track times were concerning. http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=6511991#/L0

Also, his hudl lists a shuttle of 4.38 which also isn't great but it's in line with the low end of how safeties test at the NFL Combine and everyone who is invited to that event was an excellent college player. So I guess where I'm at is that his speed & agility are a question mark in terms of upside and that needs to be answered. Everything else needs to be there for a Flowers offer to make a lot of sense to me.

Cotton reports a 4.55 Shuttle and a 4.78 40 time.... And he's at least a couple inches shorter. Not saying this kid is a better take, just putting the data out there.

Cotton reports a 4.55 Shuttle and a 4.78 40 time.... And he's at least a couple inches shorter. Not saying this kid is a better take, just putting the data out there.
?? Cotton is listed at 6'1 180 and Flowers is listed at 6'1.5 175 so I don't really get where that info is coming from.

?? Cotton is listed at 6'1 180 and Flowers is listed at 6'1.5 175 so I don't really get where that info is coming from.
Well, at the top of this thread, Flowers is listed at 6'2", as does his HUDL page. Apparently, only Rivals lists him at 6'2", not Scout or 247.
On Cotton's own HUDL page, he lists himself at 6'0". That's the page I went to so I could get the shuttle and 40 time.

Again, I'm not trying to make a case for one vs the other. Just that the argument above of Flowers being too slow may not be the end all.

Again, I'm not trying to make a case for one vs the other. Just that the argument above of Flowers being too slow may not be the end all.

I think Flowers has a bigger frame. Cotton's not small, though.

Looking like CU really wants Flowers.

I've seen retweets from Maurice Bell and Kenneth Crawley of the offer and asking Buff fans to show the love.

Looking like CU really wants Flowers.

I've seen retweets from Maurice Bell and Kenneth Crawley of the offer and asking Buff fans to show the love.

How do we have a scholly left for this guy? We have a bunch of visitors still coming in, like Lang and Ford. And Cotton could still commit

Wonder if we're going after him so hard thinking cotton is going to osu? Can't imagine we take two safeties with possible 4 spots left

Back