What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO DT Noah Elliss (Verbal to Mississippi State)

Yes.

When a player has not made any official visits before signing day, that is usually a major sign. His only official visit listed on any site is one to Utah next weekend, which probably is not happening given his final three.
Could one assume the same with Kaegun Williams? Highly rated yet nearly no news on the recruiting front.

Yes.

When a player has not made any official visits before signing day, that is usually a major sign. His only official visit listed on any site is one to Utah next weekend, which probably is not happening given his final three.

If he has a chance at being a late qualifier for the 2017 class, there is no better person than CU's Katie Bason to help him with his academic plan for gaining admittance.

If he has a chance at being a late qualifier for the 2017 class, there is no better person than CU's Katie Bason to help him with his academic plan for gaining admittance.

Maybe. I think the more likely path is placing him at a JUCO and seeing how it works out.

He will have less margin for error than the JUCOs the Buffs have been signing recently if he ends up being a non-qualifier.

Just to be clear, did something change that I'm not aware of? If any kid signs to CU but can't make it in because of the grades, he can go to the JUCO of his choice. CU doesn't PLACE him at a JUCO, do they? If the kid signs, and then goes to JUCO, he can commit to anywhere he wants when he's done at the the JUCO, correct? I just want to clear up this term of "place" a kid at a JUCO. Perhaps we're all on the same page, and I'm just being too sensitive on certain terms?

Just to be clear, did something change that I'm not aware of? If any kid signs to CU but can't make it in because of the grades, he can go to the JUCO of his choice. CU doesn't PLACE him at a JUCO, do they? If the kid signs, and then goes to JUCO, he can commit to anywhere he wants when he's done at the the JUCO, correct? I just want to clear up this term of "place" a kid at a JUCO. Perhaps we're all on the same page, and I'm just being too sensitive on certain terms?

CU can definitely help steer him to a JUCO they like, but yes, he makes the decision in the end. He also is free to choose any school when he finishes at said JUCO.

You are correct. But some kids who are destined for JUCO commit and then go to a program-friendly JUCO. KSU and Ole Miss have taken this type of "stashing/ placing" to a whole other level in the past.

I decided to mark him as a Miss State verbal. Only visit and his twitter profile now lists MSU (tweets are protected).

Asking because I genuinely don't know: are his grades/scores less of an issue at Miss St? Or is he going to have qualifying issues regardless?

Asking because I genuinely don't know: are his grades/scores less of an issue at Miss St? Or is he going to have qualifying issues regardless?

His qualification issue is with the NCAA. But yes, he could also have further qualifying issues with CU that he may not have at MSU (likely in fact).

CU's admission standards are higher than the NCAA Clearinghouse minimum standard (more core units required). I don't know about MSU.

CU's admission standards are higher than the NCAA Clearinghouse minimum standard (more core units required). I don't know about MSU.

SEC Football, need I say more.

Don't think he is going to qualify anyways but MSU can get him think he is part of the program, stash him at a JC for a couple years and then get him to re-commit.

Shame because I think he is going to be a good player.

SEC Football, need I say more.

Don't think he is going to qualify anyways but MSU can get him think he is part of the program, stash him at a JC for a couple years and then get him to re-commit.

Shame because I think he is going to be a good player.

EMCC? Last Chance U, Season 3 starring Noah Elliss? Kind of has a nice ring to it.

When I posted above that his Dad played for the Lions under MSU's DL coach, I had found that while poking around for why this kid would even be interested in them.

I saw a video interview this morning on Scout where he confirms that the DL coach is a "family friend". Honestly, after watching that interview, I hope the kid can make it in and I think MSU is a good place for him potentially. Wish him the best.

Anyone know where Noah Elliss is right now? Saw the tweet below about his brother and confused him with Noah. Noah signed with MSU out of HS, but not sure he ever enrolled. Then it was thought he went to Idaho where his dad (and apparently his brother?) is a coach, but he isn't listed on the roster there, either. Couldn't find much in a Google search. Legit P5 talent so hopefully he's at a JUCO working things out...

Back