What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO RB Marcus McElroy (Verbal to CSU)

He said, in The Post, he may wait until he sees how teams he is considering look against good competition then he "may" decide. I think that cooperates what Howell is saying.

He said, in The Post, he may wait until he sees how teams he is considering look against good competition then he "may" decide. I think that cooperates what Howell is saying.
Do you write spam in your off time?

:sneaky:

With the class filling up quickly, has McElroy's opportunity to attend CU evaporated?

With the class filling up quickly, has McElroy's opportunity to attend CU evaporated?

No. But it has reached the point where he and other in-state guys were offered so early and shown so much attention that if they're trying to slow play things they are at a high risk of a spot at CU no longer being available. Really, the only reason I'm saying "no" here is because MacIntyre (like Boyle) has shown that he will go out of his way to make sure that in-state guys have an opportunity at CU.

Last edited:
damn, this kid looks good on tape. fluid,fast,big, would like to see some blocking and catching skills, but dude can run with the ball.
yes please.

Picked up a Hawaii offer. Rainbows be like "might as well give it a shot."

Picked up a Hawaii offer. Rainbows be like "might as well give it a shot."

May not be to much of a long shot for them.

According to the initial post in the thread he has 3 P5 offers, Colorado which may or may not be recruiting him with intent of signing now, Kansas which is worse than most G5 programs right now, and KjSU. K-State is a very good program but how hard are they after him, is his offer a conditional?

Also have to figure that Snyder is getting close to the end and without him they might as well be Kansas.

Looking at those options compared with a chance to spend 4 years living in Hawaii he may be tempted. He wouldn't be the first kid to leave the mainland for a Hawaii offer. Winters in Kansas are almost as bad as winters in Laramie, one of his other offers.

May not be to much of a long shot for them.

According to the initial post in the thread he has 3 P5 offers, Colorado which may or may not be recruiting him with intent of signing now, Kansas which is worse than most G5 programs right now, and KjSU. K-State is a very good program but how hard are they after him, is his offer a conditional?

Also have to figure that Snyder is getting close to the end and without him they might as well be Kansas.

Looking at those options compared with a chance to spend 4 years living in Hawaii he may be tempted. He wouldn't be the first kid to leave the mainland for a Hawaii offer. Winters in Kansas are almost as bad as winters in Laramie, one of his other offers.

I understand the argument for the weather, but trust me as someone who was born and raised in Hawaii thats all they have going for them. I grew up in Honolulu and attended many UH games, as my family had lower-level, 50 yard line seats during their successful run in the early 2000's with June Jones at the helm. After attending CU, I had to finish a few summer classes at UH to complete my degree. For anyone who hasn't been to Honolulu, you wouldn't know that the schools stadium is actually in Halawa, which is by Pearl Harbor. This almost completely diminishes the student fan base. Whats funny is even though their basketball stadium is in Manoa on campus, they have a tiny student section as well. The UH fan base is honestly the elderly and families with small kids who want to see a sporting event of any kind in Hawaii. On top of the stadium being in the middle of nowhere, its completely falling apart. They have to completely mask the inside during the Pro-Bowl so the NFL players can stand it. Lastly, the TV schedule. UH will never get top-tier talent because it plays its games with a 1AM EST kickoff time. Brutal.

All in all, UH has the weather and beaches. But I would never suggest coming here for football.

I understand the argument for the weather, but trust me as someone who was born and raised in Hawaii thats all they have going for them. I grew up in Honolulu and attended many UH games, as my family had lower-level, 50 yard line seats during their successful run in the early 2000's with June Jones at the helm. After attending CU, I had to finish a few summer classes at UH to complete my degree. For anyone who hasn't been to Honolulu, you wouldn't know that the schools stadium is actually in Halawa, which is by Pearl Harbor. This almost completely diminishes the student fan base. Whats funny is even though their basketball stadium is in Manoa on campus, they have a tiny student section as well. The UH fan base is honestly the elderly and families with small kids who want to see a sporting event of any kind in Hawaii. On top of the stadium being in the middle of nowhere, its completely falling apart. They have to completely mask the inside during the Pro-Bowl so the NFL players can stand it. Lastly, the TV schedule. UH will never get top-tier talent because it plays its games with a 1AM EST kickoff time. Brutal.

All in all, UH has the weather and beaches. But I would never suggest coming here for football.

I get what you are saying. There has been talk on and off that Hawaii might just drop football entirely since they don't have the support and resources to compete and continue to lose money. In addition to what you wrote their travel is brutal. The shortest flight to the mainland is further than most schools longest conference flight.

That said this is McElroy's offer list from this thread:
Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Army, CSU, Hawaii, Kansas, Kansas State, Northern Colorado, Purdue, Wyoming

If the Colorado offer has passed and KSU is taken out there isn't a lot of good football in that list. The service academies are good programs but you live the military academy life, The rest are a combination of bad football and worse weather.

If you are going to play for a bad team it might as well be in a nice place.

Still think this kid is a hard take if he wants on board.

With Kyle Evans being placed on scholarship, I don't see us taking McElroy. Which is too bad. Unless K-State takes him, his offers are mediocre. And this is where slow playing CU was not smart. The Buffs showed their interest in him early. I don't really believe he ever wanted to come to CU. Van Diest and Sparaco jumped all over the chance to join the Rise. The mullen boys never showed any enthusiasm for CU. We need to use our remaining scholies for defense i.e. DT's, and DB's.

I think the boat has sailed on him. Unless he could convince Cumber to come with him. Then the dynamic changes a little.

Only three carries in the blowout of Valor. Anybody watch that? Judging from the box score, Mullen's sophomore QB should be the one pledged to Michigan.

He should have popped for CU months ago. I'd love to get him on this Buffs roster, but I'm worried that we might run into a numbers issue. Hope I'm stressing for no reason.
You know how this story ends, right?

Numbers crunch; he ends up a little brother, and becomes a major PITA for 4 years.

They have to be willing to take 2 RBs this class, right?
Have to think if Nixon pops though, we may view him as a running back and Marcus' spot will be filled. I say take both, but we need to fill out this class with mainly defensive players.

Back