What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO RB Marcus McElroy (Verbal to CSU)

Mullen HC Tom Thennell. Former CSU QB.

Not trying to single you out, but there have been a lot of comments about Coach Thennell over the years. I know some of you are connected in the HS scene and maybe even know Coach Thennell, so feel free to offer a rebuttal. I can say that when he was at Bear Creek, he didn't push kids to CSU. One of his best players was Shane Cook and went to CU. This rhetoric about Coach Thennell pushing kids away from CU seems ridiculous in my opinion...I'm sure he is proud of CSU, as he should be. But he isn't the reason Cumber or McElroy don't commit to Boulder.

Not trying to single you out, but there have been a lot of comments about Coach Thennell over the years. I know some of you are connected in the HS scene and maybe even know Coach Thennell, so feel free to offer a rebuttal. I can say that when he was at Bear Creek, he didn't push kids to CSU. One of his best players was Shane Cook and went to CU. This rhetoric about Coach Thennell pushing kids away from CU seems ridiculous in my opinion...I'm sure he is proud of CSU, as he should be. But he isn't the reason Cumber or McElroy don't commit to Boulder.
Generally, HS coaches want what's best for their players and leave personal preference out of it. At least that's what I'd think. People also get pissed at Dave Logan, for instance, when one of his guys goes somewhere else and Logan is a CU guy.

He very much pushed Justin Holland to CSU.

Cunado and I witnessed it. A few of Tom's JV coaches have hinted of a similar situation with McElroy in casual conversations.

Last edited:
Cunado and I witnessed it. A few of Tom's JV coaches have hinted of a similar situation with McElroy in casual conversations.

Interesting. If you're going to go against your HC, the smart move is to wait to do the visit and the commitment after your senior season is over.

Interesting. If you're going to go against your HC, the smart move is to wait to do the visit and the commitment after your senior season is over.
Yep that's a situation that's bad all the way around for the most part. Hope it works out for Marcus.

FYI - McElroy and Mullen were down something like 30-7 in the 3rd quarter against Fairview on Friday and came back to win 37-30. McElroy rushed for 278 and 3 TDs....

Good move by the ewe, he fits well in their system
fork_ewe_by_gpsc.gif

Back