What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 JC DE Shamar Hamilton (Signed to COLORADO)

Isn't he also supposed to sign today?
Today's the first day he can sign, not the last. Also, might hinge on him finishing the semester and getting his grades into CU and have everything certified. So could be longer (speculating).

Would not shock me if Hamilton and Carson Wells don't end up coming and I'm alright with that.

Hamilton- the second tier of our OLB depth proved serviceable this yr. Much rather give it to a baller prospect who can fill the pipeline for the future.

Wells- I like the frame and the way he plays but not any more than Van Beast or Landman.

Wouldn't mind swapping Newman for ISM. Wouldn't hate it if Purcell doesn't fit what Adams wants and we help him find a home.

Seems like we have interest for these ships that would help our program more in the future.

Would not shock me if Hamilton and Carson Wells don't end up coming and I'm alright with that.

Hamilton- the second tier of our OLB depth proved serviceable this yr. Much rather give it to a baller prospect who can fill the pipeline for the future.

Wells- I like the frame and the way he plays but not any more than Van Beast or Landman.

Wouldn't mind swapping Newman for ISM. Wouldn't hate it if Purcell doesn't fit what Adams wants and we help him find a home.

Seems like we have interest for these ships that would help our program more in the future.

Wells is going to end up a lot bigger than Van Deist. He's 6'4" 235 and 16 years old. Probably faster than both that you mentioned.

Of all the guys listed Wells would be highest on my list but the place they've talked about using him is the same spot as Landman and Van Beast. Like those guys a lot too and won't be heartbroken if Wells and or Hamilton left with Leavitt.

Wells is the classic under the radar diamond in the rough. He has amazing speed for his size and, because of his situation, he has huge upside. Also a good brain. He is a must keep. Hamilton is a must keep too, because he instantly starts to learn the spot when Gilbert leaves and hopefully they would overlap in the spring some. It has to be attractive to play OLB in our D because you get a chance to produce so many sacks.

6'4 is definitely a stretch, he is barely taller than leavitt.
I believe CU measured him at over 6'3" at the camp. He turns 17 on signing day. Kid is seriously under the radar and would not be surprised to see him as one of the commits that Leavitt tries to poach.

I believe CU measured him at over 6'3" at the camp. He turns 17 on signing day. Kid is seriously under the radar and would not be surprised to see him as one of the commits that Leavitt tries to poach.
He said on his visit he was 6'2 lol and I don't see why he would lie and tell people he is shorter than he really is.

He said on his visit he was 6'2 lol and I don't see why he would lie and tell people he is shorter than he really is.
OK. Missed that. Rivals lists him at 6'4".
But at 16, I think he may still grow more. I'm pretty sure he's bigger than Van Diest by some margin.

OK. Missed that. Rivals lists him at 6'4".
But at 16, I think he may still grow more. I'm pretty sure he's bigger than Van Diest by some margin.
Yes van diest is 6'0 and wells beat him in a foot race at the football camp but van diest is the man on the football field. Really strong, quick and has a great motor. It's why he has those power five offers.

Yes van diest is 6'0 and wells beat him in a foot race at the football camp but van diest is the man on the football field. Really strong, quick and has a great motor. It's why he has those power five offers.
I just would slow the roll on judging a kid because of his offer sheet or lack thereof, when the coaches have worked with him. Throw in the fact that he's a full year younger than his grade-level and I'm pretty optimistic for him. Like Van Diest as well, just think they will be different types of players.

Last edited:
YEAH! Loving the JC guys. I think CU has a great chance to be better next year even if they don't win as much.

Other than it making perfect sense, I guess ill explain it. I think they will be a more solid team across the board at more positions but younger. The PAC-12 should be stronger, so I believe they will be more talented but have a hard time getting to 10 wins, 7-8 is my guess.

Back