What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 MI PG Jermaine Jackson Jr.

CU has 12 scholarships filled for next year with one more open of course. PG appears to be a massive concern considering Collier has one year left and really isn't showcasing as a good 1st option starter, to be truthful. There are concerns about Akyazili's lack of progression and thoughts that he might be losing interest and going the route of Eli Stalzer. It wouldn't surprise me if TAZ transfers either.

Jackson is a terrific option!

In other news, water is wet.

CU has 12 scholarships filled for next year with one more open of course. PG appears to be a massive concern considering Collier has one year left and really isn't showcasing as a good 1st option starter, to be truthful. There are concerns about Akyazili's lack of progression and thoughts that he might be losing interest and going the route of Eli Stalzer. It wouldn't surprise me if TAZ transfers either.

Actually, all 13 scholarships for next season are filled at the current time.
Seniors- Dom, Tory, King
Juniors- Akyazili, Wright
Sophomores- Peters, Deleon, Siewert
Freshmen- Bey, Battey, Walton, Schwartz, Strating

I agree that Akyazili is the likely candidate to go, if Jackson is coming in. I would be very surprised if he transfers, though. Much more likely that he goes pro in Europe.

Strating has not been put on scholarship.

That is correct. However, the last I'd heard was that Tad plans to put him on scholarship for next season, which was back in late August, when it was announced he was joining the team. Have you heard differently?

Certainly, it's possible that Strating never receives that scholarship. Would be a bit strange though, considering he's redshirting this season.

I have a gut feeling, based on nothing other than he's from Europe and probably doesn't have a bball future in the states, that he may very well return to Europe.

Actually, all 13 scholarships for next season are filled at the current time.
Seniors- Dom, Tory, King
Juniors- Akyazili, Wright
Sophomores- Peters, Deleon, Siewert
Freshmen- Bey, Battey, Walton, Schwartz, Strating

I agree that Akyazili is the likely candidate to go, if Jackson is coming in. I would be very surprised if he transfers, though. Much more likely that he goes pro in Europe.

The only one question mark here, and that has sort of been answered in subsequent posts, is that Strating is NOT on scholarship as of yet. And with regards to the latest happenings, although I think Peters will come back, it wouldn't be a surprise (to me) to possibly see Peters transfer just because of his first season being here.

, although I think Peters will come back, it wouldn't be a surprise (to me) to possibly see Peters transfer just because of his first season being here.

I noticed in the last home game that Peters was animated and enthusiastic ... first out on the court in his suit an tie to encourage his teammates on time outs ... I think that this is the behavior of a guy who is definitely coming back. I think that he will be better off basketball wise and it life if he does.

Not mutually exclusive by any stretch.
No, it's not. And given the extended minutes he was getting before whatever idiotic thing it was that he did, I had hopes he would at least be the 2nd PG in the rotation.

You can't coach his kind of energy.

No, it's not. And given the extended minutes he was getting before whatever idiotic thing it was that he did, I had hopes he would at least be the 2nd PG in the rotation.

You can't coach his kind of energy.

Yep. Love Peters. And I thought our biggest obstacle this team couldn't overcome was inadequate guard play after White. Season started turning around, it seemed, on a timeline that coincided with Peters becoming a guy who was averaging about 8ppg as a 6th man.

Peters has a long way to go to be a PG, or really a PAC12 caliber player at this point. He runs and jumps and has a lot of energy. He doesn't have a single skill at this point that is plus, and apparently has some other issues that are distractions.

Peters has a long way to go to be a PG, or really a PAC12 caliber player at this point. He runs and jumps and has a lot of energy. He doesn't have a single skill at this point that is plus, and apparently has some other issues that are distractions.

Can we stop with this "Pac-12 caliber player" stuff?

I keep seeing this posted by people and I don't think it is what people mean to say since people have even used it to describe guys like XJ.

To everyone: if what you mean is "Pac-12 caliber starter" or "All-Pac-12 caliber player", please post that. Because otherwise you're claiming that guys aren't good enough to belong on a Pac-12 roster and that's obvious nonsense.

Bryce Peters has plus handles, which is something our team lacks, and he is an outstanding athlete. He is a high level player Holic.

Can we stop with this "Pac-12 caliber player" stuff?

I keep seeing this posted by people and I don't think it is what people mean to say since people have even used it to describe guys like XJ.

To everyone: if what you mean is "Pac-12 caliber starter" or "All-Pac-12 caliber player", please post that. Because otherwise you're claiming that guys aren't good enough to belong on a Pac-12 roster and that's obvious nonsense.

I mean Starter.

Bryce Peters has plus handles, which is something our team lacks, and he is an outstanding athlete. He is a high level player Holic.

By athlete, I think you mean he can run and jump, and I agree. Would make an interesting Cornerback. Shannon Sharpe was an outstanding athlete. This kid has length too, so he could definitely be a good defender, if that's what he wants to be, and he did show some promise in that department.

His offensive game is nowhere as polished as what I expected it would be. His lack of outside shooting is a detriment, as it was for Jarod Hopkins. He didn't seem comfy taking guys off the dribble and looked out of control when he tried. He usually just passed it away, so he has that going for him.

I was disappointed to see his offensive game, I expected a bit more.

Throw in the 3 off court screw-ups and I'm just not sure what we have.

If we're talking on court, it is clear to most of us that Peters can play. During the second half of the year his jumper was rounding into form and he wasn't making the same number of mistakes as at the start of the year. He definitely had good handles, real athleticism and he put effort in on defense (but his technique wasn't always there). There isn't a doubt in my mind that he would be a starter on this team next year and that he could start on at least half of the other PAC rosters.

If we're talking off the court...well I don't think any of us are fully aware of what has happened, so that means none of us are really able to address the off the court issues, except to say they exist.

By athlete, I think you mean he can run and jump, and I agree. Would make an interesting Cornerback. Shannon Sharpe was an outstanding athlete. This kid has length too, so he could definitely be a good defender, if that's what he wants to be, and he did show some promise in that department.

His offensive game is nowhere as polished as what I expected it would be. His lack of outside shooting is a detriment, as it was for Jarod Hopkins. He didn't seem comfy taking guys off the dribble and looked out of control when he tried. He usually just passed it away, so he has that going for him.

I was disappointed to see his offensive game, I expected a bit more.

Throw in the 3 off court screw-ups and I'm just not sure what we have.

The fact that this a recruits thread notwithstanding, I don't think you know as much about basketball as your negative vibe warrants.

Really want Jermaine to be a Buff. Haven't had a guy like him and I think it's been a major missing piece. We need an ankle breaker who is active pressing the ball on the defensive end.

Not a fan of attrition in general, but it happens. I would not mind trading Thomas for this kid. But if we remain w two spots open, I'd rather have Ondigo.

Jermaine having an father who grinded his way into the NBA can not be overstated. He's going to have the proper guidance and understanding of what it takes to succeed at this level and specifically in Tad's program. It's the type of DNA/support that's been severely lacking. He's got another 3-4" growth spurt left too.

Obviously, we need an immediate transfer but long term, he's my #1 want this spring.

Already visited Toledo and is visiting Duquesne this weekend. CU gets its visit next weekend.

Only way you take Jackson at this point is it you don't think you'll land your big man. Then, you bring him on campus and redshirt him, get some class balance for your guards, and give him a year to hit the weight room and work on adjusting to the speed of the game. RS Frosh year, he's your change of pace PG behind, hopefully, Dylan Kountz.

I haven't seen anything confirming that he visited. Radio silence on his twitter for almost 2 weeks other than some (mostly NBA) likes.

Back