What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV DT Greg Rogers (Verbal to UCLA)

Started following Casey Roddick and Van Diest’s dad. Also liked this tweet:

giphy.gif

Oh please make this happen.

Any idea what prompted the transfer?
UCLA fans believe that he fit the 4-3 better and that the recent switch left him a little bit positionless.

I think the simplest answer is that Chip can be really hard to get along with. Kanan Ray said as much when he transferred here - that they just didn’t see eye to eye right away. I’m sure that’s why Chip doesn’t mind waiving the transfer requirements, he’s a bit of a wiener and he knows it.

UCLA fans believe that he fit the 4-3 better and that the recent switch left him a little bit positionless.

I think the simplest answer is that Chip can be really hard to get along with. Kanan Ray said as much when he transferred here - that they just didn’t see eye to eye right away. I’m sure that’s why Chip doesn’t mind waiving the transfer requirements, he’s a bit of a wiener and he knows it.

We have done it too but fan's justifications can be funny.

A guy with his size and skills has a position regardless of what your defensive scheme is.

Last edited:

I don't know about UCLA's 3-4, but I'd gladly plug him into Jordan Carrell's old spot. They're the exact same size.

He could employ the Drew Lewis method of transferring within the conference, too.

That way is a little riskier but at least allows him to play somewhere next year without sitting out a year.

He could employ the Drew Lewis method of transferring within the conference, too.

That way is a little riskier but at least allows him to play somewhere next year without sitting out a year.
He's better off sitting a year at D1 than going juco . Lots of bad things can happen there to derail including injury and academics. Had a RS year also, right?

He's better off sitting a year at D1 than going juco . Lots of bad things can happen there to derail including injury and academics. Had a RS year also, right?
I agree. I’m merely pointing out that if he doesn’t get the waiver from Chip that there is an alternative. Best case scenario would be a direct transfer.

I agree. I’m merely pointing out that if he doesn’t get the waiver from Chip that there is an alternative. Best case scenario would be a direct transfer.
And in that scenario he wouldn’t even have to play football, just take classes and work out. iirc, that’s what Tony Brown was going to do last fall before the scholarship unexpectedly opened up. No need to risk injury.

If UCLA eliminated PAC12, it would be better to RS at a D1 program than do Juco. My opinion.

The player, given the risks I outlined. He need not prove himself and Juco is for that. No reason to play at a Juco when he can transfer most anywhere and be on D1 full ride.
Possibly. Depends on the player and what he values. If he wants to play P5 football in the West where friends and family can go to his games and people he knows from HS and camps are on his team, where the location is a familiar cultural fit... then the best decision would be to take classes at a community college while not playing this fall (assuming he can’t get an unrestricted release from UCLA). Depends on him as an individual decision. Even going FCS and playing immediately is the best decision for some guys. Whatever works for him. And since none of us inhabit his head none of us knows what is best for him.

I just hope he decides that CU, with the prior recruiting relationship, his friendship with Ray and the connection he made with the Van Diests makes CU the right fit for him.

Southern Utah University, I'm guessing.
Correct, MWC version of Kansas State it seems.

Surprised that he didn't land at a higher profile school but SUU is a solid G5 program. He should be able excel there.

Edit: Big Sky, FCS school not MWC G5 level.

Going FCS means he will be eligible immediately instead of having to sit out a year.

Last edited:
I hadn’t heard of them either. Research shows they are in the Big Sky Conference, a lower division school formerly called AA level.
Good catch, I was thinking Utah State which is MWC. Will edit.

SUU is where Maques Harris wound up after leaving (getting the boot from?) dear old CU. I remember him as a BAD ASS wrestler from Grand Junction at 189#, iirc. I watched him win the state title like he was wrestling Tini. After going undrafted, he made the Chargers roster as a DE and registered 87 tackles, 8 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles in the NFL.

Back