What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TRNFR PG Nigel Johnson (Committed to Virginia)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

OmxuhTF1.jpg

Rutgers University / Kansas State University / Riverside Baptist H.S. (Upper Marlboro, MD)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TakingFlight_23

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 185 lbs.

Rivals rating (HS): 3*; unranked PG
Scout rating (HS): unrated PG
ESPN rating (HS): 2*-69 grade; #66 PG
247sports rating (HS): unrated PG

Reported Offers (TNFR): Colorado, LSU, NC State, VCU, Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:

Numbers show a guy who's a bit of a gunner that doesn't shoot a great percentage. He doesn't turn the ball over and had a high Assist Rate at KSU, so his numbers may (probably) were hurt by being on one of the worst programs in the nation. Not a terribly efficient offensive player. Would be interesting to see what he could do with talent around him.

He's a really good point guard. I especially love his defense. Gets steals without fouling. Also a consistent scorer and solid primary ball handler even if he's not a great shooter (average, I'd say). Definitely a guy who will improve whatever team he chooses. Makes a lot of sense for a team that emphasizes defense like UVA and CU do.

Are three different schools cause for concern?

At one point in time, possibly. But getting away from Bruce Weber and the flaming dumpster fire that is Rutgers I have a hard time blaming.

He's a really good point guard. I especially love his defense. Gets steals without fouling. Also a consistent scorer and solid primary ball handler even if he's not a great shooter (average, I'd say). Definitely a guy who will improve whatever team he chooses. Makes a lot of sense for a team that emphasizes defense like UVA and CU do.

Honestly, the UVA offer alone makes me fine with taking him. As I said, his numbers don't jump out, but I want to know how much of that is supporting cast. I'll fully admit, I haven't watched much of Rutgers (God, why would you?) so I'm flying largely blind. His assist numbers at KState give me hope though. He was a top 500 player in ARate his sophomore year. Add in that it's immediate help, and I'm interested.

Adam posted this link on the Scout board along with a bunch of others. I'm impressed with Nigel's game. I'm also shocked that Rutgers allowed the video under its logo/branding with no censorship of the soundtrack in this video (NSFW with volume on).

Adam posted this link on the Scout board along with a bunch of others. I'm impressed with Nigel's game. I'm also shocked that Rutgers allowed the video under its logo/branding with no censorship of the soundtrack in this video (NSFW with volume on).

You're assuming someone in the Rutgers AD is actually paying attention. That place is a ****show.

Would be an awesome get. Has steadily improved, no matter where he is. He attacks, defends, doesn't turn the ball over, and has plus athleticism. I don't know if we're favored, but if Tad can pull this off, that will plug a lot of holes in next year's roster

Meh... A PG who averages 2 assists per game but takes over 10 shots a game. We already have one of those PG's in Dom who does not distribute the ball effectively. Certainly there are better players available.

I've got no idea what Nigel's game is, but if the video producer is transferring, I say we give him a hard look.

Meh... A PG who averages 2 assists per game but takes over 10 shots a game. We already have one of those PG's in Dom who does not distribute the ball effectively. Certainly there are better players available.

Look at what is surrounding him. I seriously can't stress it enough, Rutgers is probably the worst P5 team in the nation.

Numbers show a guy who's a bit of a gunner that doesn't shoot a great percentage. He doesn't turn the ball over and had a high Assist Rate at KSU, so his numbers may (probably) were hurt by being on one of the worst programs in the nation. Not a terribly efficient offensive player. Would be interesting to see what he could do with talent around him.

A good sign for the NC State competition -- 4* PG Lavar Betts committed to the Wolfpack a week ago on 4/1. More crowded backcourt there now.

Back