What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

Amazing Baylor can turn the ship that fast. I think had we not laid an egg vs a near TX team in the state of Texas, while watching Baylor destroy a pretty good Boise team, we wouldn't be seeing this.

Mac needs to get his butt in gear to turn this around or stem the tide. Haven't heard anything from him since Utah. No showed the Pac cg, bowl game, doing an extra victory lap for his coach of the year trophy while recruits are pulling out.

Amazing Baylor can turn the ship that fast. I think had we not laid an egg vs a near TX team in the state of Texas, while watching Baylor destroy a pretty good Boise team, we wouldn't be seeing this.

Mac needs to get his butt in gear to turn this around or stem the tide. Haven't heard anything from him since Utah. No showed the Pac cg, bowl game, doing an extra victory lap for his coach of the year trophy while recruits are pulling out.

I agree. I feel like every bit of momentum that we built by having a great year has been wasted in the past month. You lose JL, Clark, and now Tumpkin has issues. I would think that Mac saying something might be beneficial for the stability of the program. The coaching victory lap might be costing us, more than helping.

Last two games had hack to do with this.

Kids were just waiting to see who they hired. We aren't losing Newman and Nixon because if a bowl game lol. They were more than likely looking for a reason to stay gome, but UT and Baylor didnt look real attractive until the sorted out their coaching, so now they'd rather stay home like they probably wanted all along.

The media tour has a draw all its own.
Hard to turn down or give up,

But it can be costly. The no show offense in the last 2 games has and will cost the Buffs more than just checks in the loss. column. It has started. There had been no change in the offensive staff. Same offense for next year. They notice they change their minds. More to come.

The rise is in stall mode. This kid is a big loss.

Go Buffs.
Ok, troll. This is the same offensive team he committed to, same HC, don't see why losing defensive coaches would affect him. Most likely he wasn't that firm all along.

Last two games had hack to do with this.

Kids were just waiting to see who they hired. We aren't losing Newman and Nixon because if a bowl game lol. They were more than likely looking for a reason to stay gome, but UT and Baylor didnt look real attractive until the sorted out their coaching, so now they'd rather stay home like they probably wanted all along.
this

Ok, troll. This is the same offensive team he committed to, same HC, don't see why losing defensive coaches would affect him. Most likely he wasn't that firm all along.

But the offense shown in the last two games as the same leader
That is a problem

Or it would have shown him where he could make a huge impact for the team, you know blocking because our QB didn't have enough time.
Agreed. You gotta have lines for things to work the higher you play up the rankings. He would have most likely started and made a big impact but I'm sure he had his reasons.

Newman is a huge loss, but this is still a good OL class. Nearly everyone loses recruits and kids flip. If you're a good coach and recruiter you have kids you're working on to flip as well and you have back-up plans. I think CU is in good shape there. If they lose Nixon it really hurts, but Colorado is still in on some great kids. The sky is not falling! The Rise Continues!

I don't get why he posts that and then deletes it? Newman and Nixon are part
of the desoto 3 aren't they? They're going to mass announce their **** bailer committments or what?

The sky is not falling because two of our better recruits are flipping.

There are still new recruits we are in the hunt for.

Good call! no offense == mighty buff == VKBERLIN == TROLL.

The VK idiom is very easy to spot.

Did someone else decommit? ESPN still had us at 25 without Newman. Now we are down to 24?? I can't keep track of this huge class.

Did someone else decommit? ESPN still had us at 25 without Newman. Now we are down to 24?? I can't keep track of this huge class.

It was a delay. ESPN takes sometime to correct the number in a class sometimes. It was 25 with Newman and now at 24 without.

Newman recently liked Chev's tweet about joining the "New Era" and has also liked Lytle's tweets about moving to Boulder. Wonder if he's simply opening up his recruitment, but still keeping us as one of his top choices.

It sounds like getting him back into the fold is unlikely. Water cooler talk is that there are no issues between him and CU but that family would really like to see him play closer to home.

Last edited:
Hagan, Chev and Mac need to pay a visit. Hagan is normally pretty good at winning the mom over.

Back