What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR Jaylon Jackson (Signed to COLORADO)

hKGdcorEcmhsA.gif

Here is my write-up on Jackson:

Unfortunately, Buffaloes wide receiver commit Jaylon Jackson suffered a torn ACL in the same knee he hurt last year. Fortunately, Jackson kept his speed after his first torn ACL, and Colorado's willingness to stay by his side has further solidified his commitment to the Buffs.

"I already had my surgery and I am doing therapy now," said Jackson, a four-star prospect from Cedar Hill (Texas) High. "I have been able to keep a positive outlook about it. I have been through it before and once you know what to do, it is pretty easy. This time is not as hard as my first time. My therapist is very good and I just work hard so that helps a lot.

"I talk to Coach 'Chev' (Buffs co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach Darrin Chiaverini) and the coaching staff at Colorado basically on a daily basis. They are great guys. [Head] coach [Mike] MacIntyre is a great guy, too. A lot of schools won't stay with a kid after an ACL injury so that means a lot that they are willing to stick with me and be by my side through this whole process."

Before injuring his knee again, Jackson consistently ran the 100-meter dash in under 11-seconds, and he had a blazing unofficial time of 10.55-seconds at a meet, this spring.

"As long as I work hard and have good therapy, I will be able to keep my speed again," Jackson said. "They tell you there is a good percentage you might tear it again but this time going into my surgery, he (the surgeon) did a revision and he tightened it up even more so it will be very hard to tear it again after this time.

"I am still able to do upperbody lifts and I am working on getting my quad and hamstring back. It takes about six months so my recovery will be around November. Even if I get back to 100 percent, I still want to be cautious with it. I want to make sure I get everything back so once I go to college, I will be stable and ready to go."

Jackson said a few colleges have tried to contact him since he verbally committed to Colorado in early April. "But for the most part they respect my commitment," he added.

Jackson helped recruit Laviska Shenault, another blue-chip recruit in Texas, to Colorado and he said he is talking to other prospects in the Lone Star State about following him to Boulder.

"I tell other guys they need to visit Colorado because it is different than a lot of people out here think," Jackson said. "The weather, the people, and the school, it is different but in a good way. I am excited to be going to Colorado. I feel like that is the place for me."

Tough break for a kid that would probably be one of the top WRs in the country had he been able to stay healthy from the beginning. Wishing him a speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing him in 2017.

Here is my write-up on Jackson:

Unfortunately, Buffaloes wide receiver commit Jaylon Jackson suffered a torn ACL in the same knee he hurt last year. Fortunately, Jackson kept his speed after his first torn ACL, and Colorado's willingness to stay by his side has further solidified his commitment to the Buffs.

"I already had my surgery and I am doing therapy now," said Jackson, a four-star prospect from Cedar Hill (Texas) High. "I have been able to keep a positive outlook about it. I have been through it before and once you know what to do, it is pretty easy. This time is not as hard as my first time. My therapist is very good and I just work hard so that helps a lot.

"I talk to Coach 'Chev' (Buffs co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach Darrin Chiaverini) and the coaching staff at Colorado basically on a daily basis. They are great guys. [Head] coach [Mike] MacIntyre is a great guy, too. A lot of schools won't stay with a kid after an ACL injury so that means a lot that they are willing to stick with me and be by my side through this whole process."

Before injuring his knee again, Jackson consistently ran the 100-meter dash in under 11-seconds, and he had a blazing unofficial time of 10.55-seconds at a meet, this spring.

"As long as I work hard and have good therapy, I will be able to keep my speed again," Jackson said. "They tell you there is a good percentage you might tear it again but this time going into my surgery, he (the surgeon) did a revision and he tightened it up even more so it will be very hard to tear it again after this time.

"I am still able to do upperbody lifts and I am working on getting my quad and hamstring back. It takes about six months so my recovery will be around November. Even if I get back to 100 percent, I still want to be cautious with it. I want to make sure I get everything back so once I go to college, I will be stable and ready to go."

Jackson said a few colleges have tried to contact him since he verbally committed to Colorado in early April. "But for the most part they respect my commitment," he added.

Jackson helped recruit Laviska Shenault, another blue-chip recruit in Texas, to Colorado and he said he is talking to other prospects in the Lone Star State about following him to Boulder.

"I tell other guys they need to visit Colorado because it is different than a lot of people out here think," Jackson said. "The weather, the people, and the school, it is different but in a good way. I am excited to be going to Colorado. I feel like that is the place for me."

Thank you for posting, Adam. I wasn't able to give a link when I posted my reply above since I was on my phone.

Crazy to think he basically missed two years of hs ball and still one of the top wr recruits in his class.

probably not, NTTIAWT
You're probably right, but it just seems like a kid garnering the offers that JJ has and obtaining a 3* (4* from Rivals and Scout) rating after his sophomore season despite not playing his junior year, that he could have been one of those blue chip recruits.

You're probably right, but it just seems like a kid garnering the offers that JJ has and obtaining a 3* (4* from Rivals and Scout) rating after his sophomore season despite not playing his junior year, that he could have been one of those blue chip recruits.

Which is why a program like Colorado is willing to give a scholly to a kid who will miss the bulk of his HS career and who carries the ongoing concern of future knee injuries.

Healthy, he is a kid that CU probably never would have had a shot at. The hope is that he comes in, stays healthy, and becomes one of those players who would start almost anywhere in the country.

Which is why a program like Colorado is willing to give a scholly to a kid who will miss the bulk of his HS career and who carries the ongoing concern of future knee injuries.

Healthy, he is a kid that CU probably never would have had a shot at. The hope is that he comes in, stays healthy, and becomes one of those players who would start almost anywhere in the country.
If CU will "never" have a shot at stars then I may as well give up.

If CU will "never" have a shot at stars then I may as well give up.

Chev and JL are proving that CU can get kids that other schools want but there is still a group of recruits that normally wouldn't give CU a first look much less a second.

A guy like Jaylon can be part of changing that. Recruits watching him torching the secondaries of more recognized teams as CU wins some games against them suddenly puts us back the A list for many more recruits. He can take pride in being a part of "the rise" instead of just being another cog in an established program.

CU used to be at the top of that A list, win some games and look good doing it and we will be back there, Jaylon and some others will be the ones who put us there.

No, let's hear your take.

My take is your post is an attempt to temper recruiting expectations for no reason. We have plenty of interest from blue chip recruits, so what exactly were you trying to portray with your post?

We should want as much talent as possible, so stop with the "this player would be just another guy elsewhere" bull****.

My take is your post is an attempt to temper recruiting expectations for no reason. We have plenty of interest from blue chip recruits, so what exactly were you trying to portray with your post?

We should want as much talent as possible, so stop with the "this player would be just another guy elsewhere" bull****.

I'm not trying to temper recruiting expectations at all. I am also realistic enough to know that in the huge majority of cases if a kid has offers from multiple top 25 programs he isn't coming to a program that hasn't been to a bowl in a decade.

In recent years it seems the response from the staff has been to try to outsmart people and find the "hidden gems" that the other schools have overlooked. Problem is that there aren't many kids that get missed.

With our new staff members it looks like we are willing to go head to head for recruits, most of this years class so far has multiple P5 offers and it wouldn't surprise is they get more even after committing.

My point with Jaylon is that without the injuries he would likely have offers from schools that would be hard to overlook. I don't think Jaylon would be "just another player" elsewhere. I think that if/when he comes back from his injuries he has the ability to be one of those guys that the other schools wish they had. One that fans complain about their coaches missing on.

I want as much talent as we can get as well. You can talk coaching and philosophy all you want but in most cases the team with the most talent usually wins. Being willing to take a chance on a kid with some injuries is a way that our staff can close that talent gap. As you close the gap then more wins follow putting you in better position to compete for all the players like we did when CU was in the rankings and on national TV every week.

Back